Brisbane offer

Old Apr 17th 2018, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Stuart16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane offer

Originally Posted by L30GME
We went to the down under seminar and done a skills assessment, are you using them to sort out your visa? We haven’t started the process yet still doing a bit of ‘homework’ how long did it take you to make the first step from ‘let’s move to Australia’
They put me in touch with the agent, i deal with her direct rather than through them. To be honest it's taken a fairly long time, 6-8 months to get through the skills assesmemt, documents, proof of work, interviews etc. Our visa was lodged in October last year so 6 months and counting for that. It's not a quick process by any means and can be demorilising at time's, but stick with it.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane offer

Originally Posted by Stuart16
We would be looking for a house, minimum 3 bedrooms. We have a pet dog who will be travelling with us, not even an option to leave him behind. We have briefly looked out toward the bayside and slightly further north of Brisbane.

I wouldn't know where to begin looking at suburbs around the city, decent schools for our daughter would be high on the list. She's young enough so we have plenty of time but at the same time we would prefer to settle rather than hopping around.
It's not impossible to secure a pet friendly rental, just a bit harder. We have a small cat that we could just not leave behind so it took a little longer for us. I understand how much a pet means to a family. We ended up in two separate serviced apartments and a hotel before we could secure a rental with our cat. A few times we put in our application, was accepted by the owner and agency only to fall at the last hurdle when the body corporate didn't approve our small cat.

Bayside is lovely - a little further out but doable in many suburbs. Not an easy commute but if you set your expectations you'll be fine. A couple degrees cooler than Brisbane. I'm not that familiar with the north but I'm sure someone on here will be. I know a little bit about southern suburbs and bayside areas.