Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - North or South

Wikiposts

Brisbane - North or South

Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - North or South

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
OK, my most undesirable place to live in Brisbane would be next to ADL - check out the size of that nose, who'd want to live next to that, you never know where its been :scared: .

For everyone else, have PMed you.

BTW, I totally agree there are undesirable suburbs in all areas of Brisbane, what I meant was that there is a greater amount of not so good areas on the southside than the northside. And yes, alot of it has to do with historical development, as I said, the southside has always been considered more "working class" than the north as an example.

I also agree its horses for courses, like WW said, there are places in Brisbane that are supposedly some of the most desirable neighbourhoods that I wouldnt live in if you paid me.

Thank for the PM Mrs D and yes I have to agree with the comments on the nose size!!

I suppose the best/worst suburb argument is something which can be related to all cities not just Oz ones either.
The people that are actually living in those cities will of course have their own opinions and views.

But I think those who have not lived there will take all your info and digest it, and make use of it when we eventually arrive and it will help with the selection process and not be used to make a decision without actually seeing the area.

Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:47 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Thank for the PM Mrs D and yes I have to agree with the comments on the nose size!!

I suppose the best/worst suburb argument is something which can be related to all cities not just Oz ones either.
The people that are actually living in those cities will of course have their own opinions and views.

But I think those who have not lived there will take all your info and digest it, and make use of it when we eventually arrive and it will help with the selection process and not be used to make a decision without actually seeing the area.

Thanks
There are a couple of those areas that I mentioned that you don't need to see to make the decision , but I agree with you .
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
There are a couple of those areas that I mentioned that you don't need to see to make the decision , but I agree with you .
yes and I can guess which ones. Luckily the ones on my shortlist are not on your list!!! Wahey!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:15 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

yes and I can guess which ones. Luckily the ones on my shortlist are not on your list!!! Wahey!
Well you can strike Ormiston and Birkdale off your shortlist Cos you'd be too close to my big nose
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:20 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Well you can strike Ormiston and Birkdale off your shortlist, Cos you'd be too close to my big nose
Actually with a nose that size, anywhere north of Sydney would be too close
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i have thoughts on Logan please? I am particularly looking at Daisy Hill and Beenleigh because they are both close to Brisbane and also Gold Coast.

Another thing i have noticed when i was looking at sunshine coast is that there are no, zero, bugger all jobs for plumbers which seems bizarre!!!

j
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Can i have thoughts on Logan please? I am particularly looking at Daisy Hill and Beenleigh because they are both close to Brisbane and also Gold Coast.

Another thing i have noticed when i was looking at sunshine coast is that there are no, zero, bugger all jobs for plumbers which seems bizarre!!!

j
I have heard mixed things about Logan. Some say it an on the up area with a young family average age. Others say the crime is higher and could be avoided. best to get answers from somebody who is already there.

I think a plumber would be required wherever there are people and there is a big population along the sunshine coast there must be plumbers required!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard mixed things about Logan. Some say it an on the up area with a young family average age. Others say the crime is higher and could be avoided. best to get answers from somebody who is already there.

I think a plumber would be required wherever there are people and there is a big population along the sunshine coast there must be plumbers required!

i know - i have googled until i am blue inthe face but i cant find a thing!!! i look on CareerOne job site and there are 91 jobs for plumbers in brisbane and 40+ on gold coats. sunshine coast = 0!!!!! dont get it meself!!

i have also heard some pretty negative things about logan so im kind of going cold on that idea!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

the-travelling-wilburys is on a distinguished road

Hi must tell Mr w about the plumbing jobs in Brisbane,could anyone give a top three suburbs if you needed plumbing and nursing jobs,have teenagers and kids who needed lots to do,close enough to good public transport?Safe and plenty of families to meet?
Old Oct 8th 2005, 9:03 am
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the-travelling-wilburys
Hi must tell Mr w about the plumbing jobs in Brisbane,could anyone give a top three suburbs if you needed plumbing and nursing jobs,have teenagers and kids who needed lots to do,close enough to good public transport?Safe and plenty of families to meet?
man you lot are all snobbygoing on about good and bad areas,

i'd refer to southside messy areas are

wynnum, manly, thorneside, alex hills, capalaba

tidy areas

raby bay, cleveland, parts of wello point,

do you know gangsters and fraudsters live in raby bay!!! is that a bad area now or good as they have money,
Old Oct 8th 2005, 11:20 am
Wilco Downunder!

alwilco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,
we live in Albany Creek and absolutly love it. The facilities and schools are great.
We chose it for it's proximity to the Sunshine Coast (50 mins drive away) as we used to live there, but the daily commute down to bris vegas got a bit much.
The only downside (to a new buyer) is house prices here have got very expensive in the last 2 years.
Any specific questions - email me on [email protected]
Best of luck, Alex.
Old Oct 8th 2005, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Just remember when someone gives an opinion about a place, look for how long they've been a poster on here. This will generally determine their credibility.

Long term posters like ABCDiamond and MrsDagboy are credible regarding info on the Bayside area in Brissy.

Otherwise, look and see if someone is being mischeivious and providing an inflamatory post

There's a message in there folks

I am also from Brissy Bayside. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 6:18 pm
Banned

Feed the Goat will become famous soon enoughFeed the Goat will become famous soon enough

True statement,

I mean look for new posters as inexperienced and not qualified.
Those who spend all day mooching around on not one but several internet chat forums, are well certified.

Only thing is, if they are on the inet all day, how do they know what is really going on in the outside, world. I think some of it borders being bored just like me now typing this crappy reply, lucky I have been in the "cafe mondial" in albert street, brisbane,

now I do recommend that place, good food and good prices.

Honestly though I cant see many bad sides in the Brisbane area, at all.

All personal choice and experience and you wont get that first hand by reading some one elses view or being pm'd by someone.

But it is definatley a very good start indeed.