Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - North Lakes

Brisbane - North Lakes

Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:08 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: North Lakes
Posts: 72
Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough
Default Brisbane - North Lakes

We are aiming to arrive in Brisbane next March / April. On our last trip over in April we had a look around North Lakes including having a look at a few show houses.

Is anyone out there living in North Lakes and have any opinions they would like to share?

We thought that it could be seen as being a little twee, but at the same times appeared to be well planned and constructed, has everything there, close to Brisbane, the airport and convenient for getting up to Noosa and ideal for a first base.

Comments please!
Greg, Michele and Bella is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:28 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
lizasi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: North Brisbane
Posts: 58
lizasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

hi there

we went out there last year and had a look at north lakes, but we also looked at a few more sites one of which was springfield lakes which didn't seem as built up www.springfieldlakes.com.au

sorry we can't help you anymore as we've just started the ball rolling to get out there ourselfs, but look on the net all the time at houses dreaming of that big house & pool..........

simon & liza
lizasi is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:43 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
The Bread Knife's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Noosa Qld
Posts: 82
The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by Greg, Michele and Bella
We are aiming to arrive in Brisbane next March / April. On our last trip over in April we had a look around North Lakes including having a look at a few show houses.

Is anyone out there living in North Lakes and have any opinions they would like to share?

We thought that it could be seen as being a little twee, but at the same times appeared to be well planned and constructed, has everything there, close to Brisbane, the airport and convenient for getting up to Noosa and ideal for a first base.

Comments please!
Welcome!!!
Glad to see you have posted. A little bump!!!

Sunday was great, keep in touch.

The Bread Knife
aka
K, N and C
The Bread Knife is offline  
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:04 pm
  #4  
 
madsad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: pacific pines
Posts: 4,418
madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Hi,

We are a family of 5 & have been in Northlakes going on 6 months now,its a lovely place,we have found it quiet,people are friendly,plenty of things to do,places to walk/bike,as you say it has everything needed for day to day living.

The houses are lovely,show homes are stunning !! rental prices vary from area to area usually between $250-$340.

Donna.
madsad is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:29 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: North Lakes
Posts: 72
Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by The Bread Knife
Welcome!!!
Glad to see you have posted. A little bump!!!

Sunday was great, keep in touch.

The Bread Knife
aka
K, N and C
Hi You 3,

Yes, good to see the three of you - we enjoyed it too. We will have to get together again before you go. Not sure about the afternoon drinking though - I fell asleep on the sofa when we got in - best make it an evening next time!!!!

Speak to you soon

Greg, Michele and Bella

Last edited by Greg, Michele and Bella; Jun 14th 2005 at 8:11 pm.
Greg, Michele and Bella is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:04 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: North Lakes
Posts: 72
Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi,

We are a family of 5 & have been in Northlakes going on 6 months now,its a lovely place,we have found it quiet,people are friendly,plenty of things to do,places to walk/bike,as you say it has everything needed for day to day living.

The houses are lovely,show homes are stunning !! rental prices vary from area to area usually between $250-$340.

Donna.
Hi Donna,

Thanks for that - just what we wanted to hear. We thought it was great and I just wanted to check that it wasn't full of marauding gangs of teenagers etc!! We couldn't see a downside when we were there, and just thought that anyone who was living there would have by now if there was one!

Hopefully we will speak again and we will see you inside the next 12 months

Greg, Michele and Bella

Last edited by Greg, Michele and Bella; Jun 14th 2005 at 8:09 pm.
Greg, Michele and Bella is offline  
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:18 pm
  #7  
 
madsad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: pacific pines
Posts: 4,418
madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by Greg, Michele and Bella
Hi Donna,

Thanks for that - just what we wanted to hear. We thought it was great and I just wanted to check that it wasn't full of marauding gangs of teenagers etc!! We couldn't see a downside when we were there, and just thought that anyone who was living there would have by now if there was one!

Hopefully we will speak again and we will see you inside the next 12 months

Greg, Michele and Bella

In all the time ive been here ive yet to see any rowdy gangs of teenagers in the shopping centre or elsewhere about, not even any signs of under age drinking/smoking.not bumming the place up or anything im sure there will be some about

Goodluck with everything
Donna.
madsad is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2005, 7:30 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: North Lakes
Posts: 72
Greg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the roughGreg, Michele and Bella is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by madsad
In all the time ive been here ive yet to see any rowdy gangs of teenagers in the shopping centre or elsewhere about, not even any signs of under age drinking/smoking.not bumming the place up or anything im sure there will be some about

Goodluck with everything
Donna.
Hi Donna,

I saw from some other post that you were moving. Anything you have recently decided was a problem with North Lakes and making you want to move?
Greg, Michele and Bella is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:33 pm
  #9  
 
madsad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: pacific pines
Posts: 4,418
madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by Greg, Michele and Bella
Hi Donna,

I saw from some other post that you were moving. Anything you have recently decided was a problem with North Lakes and making you want to move?
No, far from it.
We are moving because we have found another house with a swimming pool

Donna.
madsad is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2005, 10:55 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
JJJHM's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Posts: 315
JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by madsad
No, far from it.
We are moving because we have found another house with a swimming pool

Donna.
Hi, just being nosey.. how much is a Northlake rental with aircon and pool... and are they easy to find!!! we arrive late September!

Ta.

Julie
JJJHM is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:17 pm
  #11  
Banned
 
Timber Floor Au's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Morayfield - The Posh Part
Posts: 10,138
Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by lizasi
hi there

we went out there last year and had a look at north lakes, but we also looked at a few more sites one of which was springfield lakes which didn't seem as built up www.springfieldlakes.com.au

sorry we can't help you anymore as we've just started the ball rolling to get out there ourselfs, but look on the net all the time at houses dreaming of that big house & pool..........

simon & liza

Springfield lakes is on the proposed east west Ipswich corridor

This area is set to be the densest populated region in Brizzy history, with proposals for 100,000 more homes.
Most homes at springfield lakes albeit are new, have postage stamp sized yards, and what was a unspoilt outlook, is now 1000 more homes.

Its growing at an alarming rate, and is a lovely area, but is changing DAILY.

2 years ago, there was a handul of homes !
Timber Floor Au is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:57 pm
  #12  
 
madsad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: pacific pines
Posts: 4,418
madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane - North Lakes

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Hi, just being nosey.. how much is a Northlake rental with aircon and pool... and are they easy to find!!! we arrive late September!

Ta.

Julie
Hence the reason we are moving out of North lakes a 3/4bed home,air con & pool,cheapest i have seen is $475per week.i know there is one up for rent at the moment that is $525per week.(stunning houses,worth every penny)
Very few become available & are snapped up pretty quick

Donna.
madsad is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.