Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane nightlife?

brisbane nightlife?

Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default brisbane nightlife?

hi

any advice or comments on areas that have a nice lively nightlife. we are a 30 something couple with no kids so still keen on having a night out every now and again, probably more lively bar/ restaurant orientated than full on clubbing tho
Old Apr 14th 2011, 2:00 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brisbane nightlife?

Fortitude Valley and surrounding areas has some good nightlife actually for relatively cool bars and so on. Consider also West End, Kangaroo Point etc.

This site is excellent and publishes The Good Guide http://goodguide.net.au/ where we have found some really awesome places such as http://www.limeshotel.com.au/ which has a great roof top bar and is simply lovely and I spent an evening this week. But there are some real treasures in Brisbane.

Start with exploring some of the places recommended by the Guide. We have not been disappointed. Like you, we're a no kids couple that really hates the idea of clubs and prefers a bite and cocktails/bar.

Last edited by Centurion; Apr 14th 2011 at 2:03 am.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Fortitude Valley and surrounding areas has some good nightlife actually for relatively cool bars and so on. Consider also West End, Kangaroo Point etc.

This site is excellent and publishes The Good Guide http://goodguide.net.au/ where we have found some really awesome places such as http://www.limeshotel.com.au/ which has a great roof top bar and is simply lovely and I spent an evening this week. But there are some real treasures in Brisbane.

Start with exploring some of the places recommended by the Guide. We have not been disappointed. Like you, we're a no kids couple that really hates the idea of clubs and prefers a bite and cocktails/bar.
I'll second Fortitude Valley. Cool bars - bogan count low.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beoz
I'll second Fortitude Valley. Cool bars - bogan count low.
Which Fortitude Valley are you talking about?
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:54 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Which Fortitude Valley are you talking about?
I was thinking the same! At 2am of a weekend it's full of bogans on the lash!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
I was thinking the same! At 2am of a weekend it's full of bogans on the lash!
I used to live uncomfortably close to the place and there was never a shortage of entertainment from the winos. I had to visit for a lunch appointment a few weeks ago and witnessed the spectacle of three cops searching a prostitute / drug addict / both outside the train station. A guy just got seriously assaulted this week a few metres from my old apartment.

On the original question, there are some really nice bars in Brisbane but it depends on the night. I think when there are game son people have been boozing from quite early and things get particularly messy. Some noteworthy bars... The Exchange, Fridays, Jade Buddha, The Bowery, Cloudland and Sundays at The Normanby. The latter is pretty messy to be honest.

Last edited by Steve2009; Apr 14th 2011 at 8:02 am.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

My 4 best drinking areas would be City,Valley,Caxton Street and West End....in no particular order though,just depends what mood we're in Mmmmmm that pretty much sums up Brisbane as a whole
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Some examples scattered around the inner suburbs:

In Caxton street in Paddington you'll find a bunch of bars, pubs and nightclubs together including the Caxton:

Plus the Paddo Tavern with the Sit Down Comedy Club a bit further up the road:

In Auchenflower/Toowong you find some more well known Brisbane pubs:

The beautiful Regetta

The Royal Exchange

In Woolloongabba you have the Norman famous for its steaks:

The Aussie Nat:

The Chalk:

The Morrison:
<No Image>

The Lord Stanley:
<No Image>

The Broadway:

And a bunch of other wine bars and stuff.

Kangaroo Point has a couple of well known pubs

The Pineapple:

The Story Bridge:

At Red Hill you have the Normanby:

And I'll finish with the Breakfast Creek at Albion.

Hope this helps....
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Had steak at Breakie Creek a week or two ago and it was great. There were a lot of hangers on from the races earlier in the day though and they were getting unpleasant with the security staff by the time I was leaving (11pmish). The wooden kegs of XXXX are a novelty.

Last edited by Steve2009; Apr 14th 2011 at 10:59 am.