Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane New Arrivals

Brisbane New Arrivals

Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Cevans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane New Arrivals

We are a family of four (daughter aged 4 and son aged 2), new to Brisbane and presently staying in Bardon. We are keen to meet other couples/families from the UK. Is anyone interested in getting together this coming weekend or the one after, maybe somewhere central like the South Bank? Alternatively, if there is anything already arranged, we would love to hear about it.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:27 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane New Arrivals

Originally Posted by Cevans
We are a family of four (daughter aged 4 and son aged 2), new to Brisbane and presently staying in Bardon. We are keen to meet other couples/families from the UK. Is anyone interested in getting together this coming weekend or the one after, maybe somewhere central like the South Bank? Alternatively, if there is anything already arranged, we would love to hear about it.
Hi there -

We arrived a bit over a week ago (me, Oh and our 1 yr old son). Can't do this weekend but would certainly consider a meet next weekend (23rd / 24th). We're in Sherwood so not too far from bardon.

Actually, thinking about it there are a few families arriving next week, so perhaps a meet the following weekend (30 / 31st) might be a better idea?
Old Oct 12th 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I would be interested in coming along. Somewhere central like the Southbank sounds like a good idea. It would be great for the kids as well. I have a 15 month old that I will be bringing with me.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 11:01 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

might be interested as well, Roma st park lands is nice, it's not as busy as south bank so it easier to keep an eye on the little ones !
Old Oct 14th 2006, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Coincidentally we were having a Nepalese meal at Bardon last night! We've been in Brisbane for over a year now but there aren't that many meets organised in or around the City itself, so I'm always up for meeting any new city dwellers. I think the last city meet was the one I organised at New farm, which was months ago, but I don't sign on that much these days, so I might be wrong.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and will make every effort to attend. This weekend is out and don't forget that next weekend is Indy, so I know a few people would be headed down to the Gold Coast. I've got Sydney relatives descending upon me for the Indy anyway, so another reason I can't do that one.

But if it turns out to be early November then we should be up for it (me & hubby John)
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
Coincidentally we were having a Nepalese meal at Bardon last night! We've been in Brisbane for over a year now but there aren't that many meets organised in or around the City itself, so I'm always up for meeting any new city dwellers. I think the last city meet was the one I organised at New farm, which was months ago, but I don't sign on that much these days, so I might be wrong.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and will make every effort to attend. This weekend is out and don't forget that next weekend is Indy, so I know a few people would be headed down to the Gold Coast. I've got Sydney relatives descending upon me for the Indy anyway, so another reason I can't do that one.

But if it turns out to be early November then we should be up for it (me & hubby John)

Sounds like a few peole are interested. Let's go for Sunday 31 October, as that seems to be the most popular date. Haven't been to Roma Park, but if that's a good place, please go ahead and suggest a spot to meet up. Any views on what time is best? Look forward to meeting all of you. Gita & Chris
Old Oct 14th 2006, 11:47 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cevans,
31st is is a tuesday, do you mean the 29th?

Sounds like a few peole are interested. Let's go for Sunday 31 October, as that seems to be the most popular date. Haven't been to Roma Park, but if that's a good place, please go ahead and suggest a spot to meet up. Any views on what time is best? Look forward to meeting all of you. Gita & Chris
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by themerlin
Hi Cevans,
31st is is a tuesday, do you mean the 29th?
Yes, Let's make that Sunday 29th October
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Yes, Let's make that Sunday 29th October
I've put it on my calender
Old Oct 15th 2006, 3:58 am

Maybe the best place to meet is at the top of the escalator that leads just outside of Roma Street Station.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to allkateandderek2 is a name known to all

hi everyone,

we arrived 1 week ago today so i think both of us can attend. cant wait to meet other people.

Kate and Derek. (no kids)
Old Oct 16th 2006, 8:57 am

Is 2pm good with everybody ?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:04 am
Just Joined

wills nufc is an unknown quantity at this point

2pm meet is ok with us. Been in Calamvale for about 7 weeks and would love to meet up with other Brits.

Dave and Katharine
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wills nufc
2pm meet is ok with us. Been in Calamvale for about 7 weeks and would love to meet up with other Brits.

Dave and Katharine
Hi, lets confirm detaild: 2pm "at the top of the escalator that leads just outside of Roma Street Station".

Can someone suggest a good place in Roma park "to set up Camp" for late arrivals.

Chris & Gita
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:03 pm

Here is a map of the park.

The escalator is at the "activity center", maybe a good place to set up is on the celebration lawn just above where is say "Celebration Lawn Precinct by the trees.

Hi, lets confirm detaild: 2pm "at the top of the escalator that leads just outside of Roma Street Station".

Can someone suggest a good place in Roma park "to set up Camp" for late arrivals.

Chris & Gita

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.