Reload this Page >

Brisbane Meetup/Chat

Brisbane Meetup/Chat

Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:37 am
Just Joined

SatKang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Meetup/Chat

Hi

Myself(32) and my husband(34) have last week moved to Brisbane from Telford in England. We are currently living with family in Robertson. We are in the process of sending out our CVs to various agencies - hubby is an accountant and me a programmer. Looks like alot of people are winding down for Xmas so most likely we will not find work until after the New Year. Just sorted out banking and tax file numbers yesterday.

It would be good to meet some Pommes on this site of the world. Any pointers on anything to help us out, please shout!
Sat
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:51 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Meetup/Chat

What type of programmer ?

http://www.dialog.com.au might be worth a try

Originally Posted by SatKang
Hi

Myself(32) and my husband(34) have last week moved to Brisbane from Telford in England. We are currently living with family in Robertson. We are in the process of sending out our CVs to various agencies - hubby is an accountant and me a programmer. Looks like alot of people are winding down for Xmas so most likely we will not find work until after the New Year. Just sorted out banking and tax file numbers yesterday.

It would be good to meet some Pommes on this site of the world. Any pointers on anything to help us out, please shout!
Sat
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Sat
Hi Guys

welcome to Brissy.
Help full stuff - when you buy stuff offer cash for a good discount and you can often pay cash on delivery - we found out later about this!

I am going into Brissy on Mon 18th and Thurs 21st if anyone wants to meet up for lunch either day.

Tracy
Old Dec 13th 2006, 5:28 am
Just Joined

themerlin - Hi, I'm a RPG Programmer. Are you in the IT world?
Tracey - Thanks for your warm welcome. Looks like cash is king.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi Tracey
where about in Robertson are you? we have just got a house their have you any family here with you? if you fancy meeting for a drink or so let us know

Billy & Vicki
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi

i am a teacher, i was told it was hard to get work but have been working since the end of week 2 after landing. Depends how flexible you are. I am living northside at present looking to move towards the gold coast early next year to be nearer to job

Are you free to meet up??

Tracy
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi Satking
sorry got mixed up a bit anyway
where about in Robertson are you? we have just got a house and have been here for about 3 weeks have you any family here with you? if you fancy meeting for a drink or so let us know

Billy & Vicki[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 16th 2006, 2:28 am
Just Joined

Hi

We are just off Musgrove road. We are living with family at the moment but hope to sort out our accomodation. I think we are decided that we will not be able to realistically get a job until beginning of the new year so we are enjoying the hols until then.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

We are just off Musgrove road. We are living with family at the moment but hope to sort out our accomodation. I think we are decided that we will not be able to realistically get a job until beginning of the new year so we are enjoying the hols until then.
Hi
What a small World we are living just off Musgrave road we are in Janda Street well well well
We have been here since 9th November and are doing well so far

Billy & Vicki
Old Dec 18th 2006, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Hi Billy and Vicki

Yes it certainly seems to be a small world. How have you found settling in to Oz? We are going this morning to pick up our driving licences. We are soooo glad that we don't have to sit the theory test!

Also we picked up our medicare cards from Garden City. Tommorrow will be in the city to see Bob's(the other half) cousin who is in the recruiting business. Also will be trying to get out pay as you go mobile phone as a contract one seems out of the question at the moment.

Are you guys working here? Are you renting or with family?
Hope to speak to you soon.
Sat
Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Billy and Vicki

Yes it certainly seems to be a small world. How have you found settling in to Oz? We are going this morning to pick up our driving licences. We are soooo glad that we don't have to sit the theory test!

Also we picked up our medicare cards from Garden City. Tommorrow will be in the city to see Bob's(the other half) cousin who is in the recruiting business. Also will be trying to get out pay as you go mobile phone as a contract one seems out of the question at the moment.

Are you guys working here? Are you renting or with family?
Hope to speak to you soon.
Sat
Hi Sat
We are renting a nice House and we have already registered with Medicare and got our driving licence's yes we were delighted we did not have to sit the theory test(especially Vicki) we brought our phones from the u.k. out with us and just bought sim cards for them,
i had a interview with Telstra on Thursday and just waiting to here how that went, Vicki was going to wait until mid January before looking for work

We have got our youngest son Tommy(4) in child care as he loved the nursery back in Edinburgh so we got him sorted Infact today is his first day he is in ABC childcare just down the road from here

Melissa (10) has started school she goes to Robertson primary and again she loves it though they are now on holiday but she has made a couple of friends who i expect will want to come to our place for a wee swim lol
she also goes into vacation club for a couple of days a week

Billy
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Hi

Looks like your wife has the same ideas as me on waiting till the New Year to look for that job. The hubby had a job interview today with the QLD health services - so we will see how he gets on. Also got our phones sorted out - did exactly as you, in that brought over our UK phones and got pay as you do.

Good to see that the family is settling in well. What plans have you got for Xmas?
Sat
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Looks like your wife has the same ideas as me on waiting till the New Year to look for that job. The hubby had a job interview today with the QLD health services - so we will see how he gets on. Also got our phones sorted out - did exactly as you, in that brought over our UK phones and got pay as you do.

Good to see that the family is settling in well. What plans have you got for Xmas?
Sat
Hi Sat
Well for xmas we are going down to tugan in the gold coast to spend xmas day with relatives
we will have to come home as we have arranged to skype our family xmas night
The rest of the week we have nothing planned just relax and maybe have a drink or three lol
if you are not doing anything come along for a shandy lol

Billy & Vicki
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:36 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SatKang,

Yes in live in the I.T. underworld, what is it you do ?

I think people don't offer jobs till after xmas so they don't have to pay you over the holiday