Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane meet Ups

Brisbane meet Ups

Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of
Default Brisbane meet Ups

Hi

We are new to Brisbane(arrived Saturday 18th August). We are stayng in a rented apartment in Newstead and would like to meet up with any other Brits to give each other support. We have 2 girls who are 11 and 16 and they have started school and the eldest is finding it very hard adjusting to the aussie system whilst the younger one has taken it all in her stride and has fitted in quite well. We also have two boys who are 18 and 20 and the 18 year old is thinking of Uni whilst the 21 year old is returning to the UK to complete his last year of Uni. Would love to meet families in a similar situation.

Hope something can be arranged.

Thanks

Janet X
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:26 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane meet Ups

Hi Janet
Welcome to Brisbane....
We have been here since 12th May . We have a boy 9 a girl 11 and a 19 girl who has just gone back to uni in Scotland.
Feel free to PM me.
anne
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi Anne

Thanks for your reply. Would like to PM you but am unable to. Maybe you can PM me as my email is listed. Maybe we can meet up. Take care.

Janet x
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

how's life down under janet????

love tiff
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

superchick is an unknown quantity at this point

we have been here since May also and have kids 10 and 7. We are arranging a meet up on 9th September at Sandgate/Brighton if u want to join in we would love to meet you.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:18 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi Anne

Thanks for your reply. Would like to PM you but am unable to. Maybe you can PM me as my email is listed. Maybe we can meet up. Take care.

Janet x
SEnt you a PM Janet
ANNE
Old Sep 25th 2007, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

EagerBeavers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We were granted our visas on 2nd July and are coming to Brissie in December to validate these and have a good look round at different areas, houses, schools etc for when we finally get out there (hopefully soon!!!!). Would be really good to meet some folks who've already made the move. Are any meetups arranged for mid December/early Jan or does anyone just fancy meeting up for a beer and a chat. There's my husband (44), myself (40) and 2 boys, 17 & 14 and here's the really groovy bit - we're from Essex!!!!!

Naomi x
Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

superchick is an unknown quantity at this point

We live northside in Albany Creek and would be happy to meet up when you arrive.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:51 am
Just Joined

EagerBeavers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Superchick

Thats sounds great and would love to meet up. Will need to PM you nearer the time but not sure how to at the mo as new to this sight and still working stuff out

Love Naomi x