Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Meet Up?

Brisbane Meet Up?

Old May 11th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Brisbane Meet Up?

Originally Posted by crawford crew
Hi All,

So we are sorted for 11.00 on the 20th of May at the new BBQ area at Southbank (near to the loo's).

Tonik25: are you still OK to get there earlier to grab a spot and raise a 'BE' flag?

Netta: yes we were the Crawford Crew who you gave so much information to and yes it is Paula, look forward to meeting you on the 20th.

Cheers,

John & Paula
Yep no worries, we'll go down early. I hope I will be at the right BBQ area!

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Antonia
Old May 11th 2007, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough

Hi Antonia,

Thanks mate, the BBQ area I was thinking about was the one down by the new toilet block near to the newly opened pool and 'water park'.

See you there.

Cheers,

John & Paula
Old May 13th 2007, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hi Crawford Crew
is it ok if we come along? We being myself Rach and hubby Mark, might be able to talk our 15 year old daughter into coming along too! We've been here for 2 1/2 years, live over in Albany Creek. Be nice to meet new friends

We hope to be there about 11.30 - 12pm after Mark gets home from the golf course!

Rach
Old May 13th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

We're coming over on the 28th May from just outside Glasgow area with my Hubby and 2 girls 11 and 7, Moving into Springfield Lakes area, Just too late for this meet up but hopefully will make the next one !!
Old May 13th 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
We're coming over on the 28th May from just outside Glasgow area with my Hubby and 2 girls 11 and 7, Moving into Springfield Lakes area, Just too late for this meet up but hopefully will make the next one !!

Have a safe and happy journey Reid Family
Old May 14th 2007, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all

Hi Reid family,
if you need any help with anything just give us a shout we have been living in springfield lakes for 7 months now and really love it.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

The Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud ofThe Reid Family has much to be proud of

Hi mole,

Thanks for that if you can find us an easy way to rent a 4 bedroom house that would be great!
Old May 14th 2007, 6:48 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mole
Hi Reid family,
if you need any help with anything just give us a shout we have been living in springfield lakes for 7 months now and really love it.

Ditto what Mole says Reid family. We have been in Springfield Lakes since October so any help we can give.................just shout.

Loz x
Old May 14th 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Loz, We're still trying to sort out a rental in time for us arriving on Mon 28th, but time is against us now but hopefully something will work out for us, Kids are enrolled in Springfield Lakes School and are really looking looking forward to the move.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:59 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Hi mole,

Thanks for that if you can find us an easy way to rent a 4 bedroom house that would be great!
A 4 bedroom house you say! With 2 bathrooms? 2 car garage? We are hopefully moving out in 30 days to our new house! Its in Parkinson south brisbane, 40 mins to the city and 1 hour by bus, give us a shout via personal message if you want any more details, Pete
Old May 14th 2007, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Pete, as I said, The kids are enrolled in Springfield Lakes School and thats our 1st choice of area and with a bit of perseverance hopefully we'll get something in time !
Old May 14th 2007, 7:24 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that Pete, as I said, The kids are enrolled in Springfield Lakes School and thats our 1st choice of area and with a bit of perseverance hopefully we'll get something in time !
ok
Old May 16th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hoots nan
Hi Crawford Crew
is it ok if we come along? We being myself Rach and hubby Mark, might be able to talk our 15 year old daughter into coming along too! We've been here for 2 1/2 years, live over in Albany Creek. Be nice to meet new friends

We hope to be there about 11.30 - 12pm after Mark gets home from the golf course!

Rach
Hi Rach,

Sorry in the delay replying ... of course you can come along ... look forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Cheers,

Paula & John
Old May 16th 2007, 10:22 pm
No longer waiting!

Cannot wait is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Hya John and others, we are arriving in Brisbane on 6th June along with 4 children b13,g11,b7,b5. We would love to meet up with people as we have been reading some 'going home' threads and we think that that is one of the main causes of homesickness...feeling lonely. We are looking to rent south of Brisbane and dont know what areas to look at and would also welcome any advice. OH is a plumber. Hope you all have a great time on 20th May and arrange to meet up again once we get there. Cheers Sarah & Lee
Hi,
We arrive in Brisbane on 1st June, my husband and two boys (2&1, yes I've had a busy few years). We'll just miss the meet up - but hope that there'll be another one soon. We'll be renting in Chapel Hill - is anyone from this suburb? I'll be working in Milton, my husband will be working from home and looking after the boys part time so I'm sure he'd appreciate meeting up with anyone in similar situation. We only went to Brisbane at the end of March for my interviews - can't believe its all happened so fast!
Good luck with the move, Sarah & Lee. I had the first day of shippers here today - can't wait till thats all out of the way! We used a relocation agent who we met when we came out in March, to find us a house and child care. She's really nice - from Sutton Coldfield originally and has sorted us out with lovely house and got us the best child care we could hope for without being there ourselves to arrange it. It hasn't cost us too much and has really taken the hassle out of the first few weeks, particularly as I'll be starting work soon after we arrive.
Hope to meet up soon!
Emma, James, Joe &Toby
Old May 17th 2007, 8:18 am
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by Cannot wait
Hi,
We arrive in Brisbane on 1st June, my husband and two boys (2&1, yes I've had a busy few years). We'll just miss the meet up - but hope that there'll be another one soon. We'll be renting in Chapel Hill - is anyone from this suburb? I'll be working in Milton, my husband will be working from home and looking after the boys part time so I'm sure he'd appreciate meeting up with anyone in similar situation. We only went to Brisbane at the end of March for my interviews - can't believe its all happened so fast!
Good luck with the move, Sarah & Lee. I had the first day of shippers here today - can't wait till thats all out of the way! We used a relocation agent who we met when we came out in March, to find us a house and child care. She's really nice - from Sutton Coldfield originally and has sorted us out with lovely house and got us the best child care we could hope for without being there ourselves to arrange it. It hasn't cost us too much and has really taken the hassle out of the first few weeks, particularly as I'll be starting work soon after we arrive.
Hope to meet up soon!
Emma, James, Joe &Toby

See you all there sunday about 12 then, are we will bringing some grub for the BBQ and some wine and beer? Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.