Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Meet Up?

Wikiposts

Brisbane Meet Up?

Old Apr 30th 2007, 3:46 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Meet Up?

Originally Posted by mole
Hi Loz,we live near opposum circuit we arrived october 24th and really enjoying living in the area especially now the pubs opened and we can stagger home.
Vix
Hi Vix we love it here as well. We are still with rellies on James Josey at the moment but are looking to buy in the area. I know what you mean about the pub it has made a difference, trouble is we are always the last to be thrown out when we go down there

Loz x
Old May 1st 2007, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crawford crew
Hi All,

How about the BBQ area by the new pool (not far from the loo's) at 11.00 on Sunday the 20th May?

Cheers,

John
This is going to sound weird, but I remember speaking to Crawford Crewe many many months ago (is it Paula? Sorry can't remember and deleted most of my really old PM's). I don't know what the topic of our conversation was but obviously it must have been related to moving to Brisbane. My memory is dreadful these days, and in those 'good old days' I used to send and receive loads of PM's to various people.

I rarely sign on to expats these days so its weird that I should read this and find you are located very close to us at canon hill. Its where I go food shopping all the time. We have been living in Balmoral for almost 2 years. We are settled really well and love every second of every day here. Can't believe how much how lives have changed and how lucky we feel!! Hopefully you may remember me - failing that you're probably thinking who is this weirdo on expats

Its about time we met some local people. We spend a lot of our time visiting friends on the Gold Coast so its really nice to hear of anyone close to us or in the city (of which there appear to be limited numbers!). So hopefully you won't mind us showing our faces at Southbank or wherever this meet is. Its just a few minutes for us though we'll probably get the city cat from oxford st. To save me wading through all the posts on this thread.....where is the final meeting place / date / time? Sorry I'm being a bit lazy.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Netta

sorry forgot to mention - we don't have kids (and far too late to start now!) so can't help you on the 16 year old daughter thingummy, but would still be nice to meet anyway!

Last edited by JohnAndNetta; May 1st 2007 at 1:07 am.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all

[QUOTE=loz;4721338]Hi Vix we love it here as well. We are still with rellies on James Josey at the moment but are looking to buy in the area. I know what you mean about the pub it has made a difference, trouble is we are always the last to be thrown out when we go down there

Loz x[/QUOTE
we are still in rental at the moment but we have just bought a block of land up at brentwood so we will still be fairly near to everything.Where abouts in the uk do you come from?only we over heard some brummies in the pub the other day and just wondered if it was you?
Old May 1st 2007, 5:56 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

[/QUOTE
we are still in rental at the moment but we have just bought a block of land up at brentwood so we will still be fairly near to everything.Where abouts in the uk do you come from?only we over heard some brummies in the pub the other day and just wondered if it was you?[/QUOTE]

Not guilty

We're from Wakefield in West Yorkshire and you've just reminded me,we haven't been to the pub yet this week
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi crawford crew and netty,hope to see you there to along with our 19 yr old daughter

tracey
Originally Posted by netty
Hi Crawford Crew
we spoke before when i first posted.
We shall try to join you at South Bank with our 16years old daughter. Just need to confirm time and exact place.
Should be good fun.
Annette
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
So it's the 20th and at 11:00am ok that is good for us

Billy
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
hi crawford crew and netty,hope to see you there to along with our 19 yr old daughter

tracey
Good grief Tracey! I haven't been on here for ages but I didn't realise you were still on the expats scene. I can't remember the last time I saw you?? Must be well over a year ago. I hope things are going well for you. Will no doubt catch up at Southbank then....

Netta x (who's Netty? Is this an imposter?? )
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi netta
i hardly come on here myself these days but i did meet a few new people the other week and thought i would catch up again at the brissy meet
we really well thanks,been very busy,i cant believe where the time goes really.
How are you guys,good i hope.

tracey
by the netty is annette,you ll meet her there im sure.
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loz
[/QUOTE
we are still in rental at the moment but we have just bought a block of land up at brentwood so we will still be fairly near to everything.Where abouts in the uk do you come from?only we over heard some brummies in the pub the other day and just wondered if it was you?
Not guilty

We're from Wakefield in West Yorkshire and you've just reminded me,we haven't been to the pub yet this week[/QUOTE]

Hi Loz
It's a small world we are from sunny Huddersfield so not too far away from wakey us northerners get about eh?
Old May 6th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough

Hi All,

So we are sorted for 11.00 on the 20th of May at the new BBQ area at Southbank (near to the loo's).

Tonik25: are you still OK to get there earlier to grab a spot and raise a 'BE' flag?

Netta: yes we were the Crawford Crew who you gave so much information to and yes it is Paula, look forward to meeting you on the 20th.

Cheers,

John & Paula
Old May 7th 2007, 10:56 am
loz
this is home!!

Originally Posted by mole
Not guilty

We're from Wakefield in West Yorkshire and you've just reminded me,we haven't been to the pub yet this week
Hi Loz
It's a small world we are from sunny Huddersfield so not too far away from wakey us northerners get about eh?[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmmm don't think I ought to be talking to you after seeing the Superleague scores today
Bloody Huddersfield beat Wakey again
Old May 7th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Netta: yes we were the Crawford Crew who you gave so much information to and yes it is Paula, look forward to meeting you on the 20th.

Cheers,

John & Paula[/QUOTE]

Actually its all coming back to me now. I was looking for PM's but I think I actually write to you via email so that's why I was getting confused

There are quite a few BBQ areas and loos at Southbank. When you say the new bit I assume you mean the bit with all the new water features? I'm not sure exactly where the bbq area is round there, but I'm hoping there's only one, so that I don't embarass myself strolling up to complete strangers. It will be interesting to hear how you're getting on and whether you agreed with any of my suburb recommendations once you got here! Maybe I should go into hiding now. See you on the 20th

Netta (and John)
Old May 7th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

11 on the 20th good for us as well will see you all there
Old May 10th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
Anyone else wanting to come to our meet at southbank 20th may at 11:00am all welcome
for the scottish football fans setanta is going on foxtel next season

Billy
Old May 10th 2007, 7:15 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
Anyone else wanting to come to our meet at southbank 20th may at 11:00am all welcome
for the scottish football fans setanta is going on foxtel next season

Billy
we will be there, count us in for a BBQ and Beer! Pete and heidi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.