Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Meet Up?

Brisbane Meet Up?

Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough
Default Brisbane Meet Up?

Hi,

Anyone interested in a Brisbane meet up?

We have been here for 7 months and happily, settling in nicely ... however our 16 year old daughter is still struggling a little so it would be great if there is anyone with teenagers around the same age who would come along to the meet up ... this obviously does not exclude anyone without kids!

We live just south of the river but happy to meet up anywhere in Brisbane.

Cheers,

John
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:44 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brisbane Meet Up?

Originally Posted by crawford crew
Hi,

We have been here for 7 months and happily, settling in nicely ... however our 16 year old daughter is still struggling a little so it would be great if there is anyone with teenagers around the same age who would come along to the meet up ... this obviously does not exclude anyone without kids!

Cheers,

John
Hi we have been here for 1 month and also live south of the river, Parkinson, are we any where near you? We dont have kids tho, just the 2 of us! Pete.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
Yes lets all meet we live in Robertson and we would be interested in a meet
we have two kids 4 + 10 anywhere in brisbane would suit us

Billy & Vicki
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant futuresunshine dreamer has a brilliant future

We arrive beginning of May. We have a baby and a toddler. Would love to meet up.

Claire
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:03 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,

John
Hi John
We live in moggill and have been in Oz just under 2 years now. I have a 17 year old daughter so if you want to put our daughters in touch just PM me.
Amelia
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies ... we will meet up, any suggestions of where anyone?

Amelia; thanks as soon as I speak to our daughter (she is out at her part time job at the moment) I'll PM you.

Pete, Billy & Vicki; not too sure where Parkinson is ... is it by Brown Plains? If I am right that's not too far from Billy & Vicki at Robertson (or I may be totally wrong). We live up at Cannon Hill so not too far away.

Claire: look forward to welcoming you to Brisbane ... where abouts are you moving to? We have made more Scottish mates out here than any other nationality. Don't know if you or the OH follow football but the both Celtic & Rangers have supporters clubs over here.

As I say any ideas of where to meet ... shout up.

Cheers,

John
Old Apr 17th 2007, 9:27 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies ... we will meet up, any suggestions of where anyone?

Amelia; thanks as soon as I speak to our daughter (she is out at her part time job at the moment) I'll PM you.

Pete, Billy & Vicki; not too sure where Parkinson is ... is it by Brown Plains? If I am right that's not too far from Billy & Vicki at Robertson (or I may be totally wrong). We live up at Cannon Hill so not too far away.

Claire: look forward to welcoming you to Brisbane ... where abouts are you moving to? We have made more Scottish mates out here than any other nationality. Don't know if you or the OH follow football but the both Celtic & Rangers have supporters clubs over here.

As I say any ideas of where to meet ... shout up.

Cheers,

John
Hi, Parkinson is about 10 minutes from the pacific higway junction 23 if that helps?? close to calamvale, Not sure where to meet as there isnt many places to go! Pete
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Hi, Parkinson is about 10 minutes from the pacific higway junction 23 if that helps?? close to calamvale, Not sure where to meet as there isnt many places to go! Pete
We have been in Australia for 5 months and Brisbane for 2 months, living in an apartment on the South Bank until we sell up in the UK and buy a house out in the burbs.

Just the two of us, no kids although I work with a couple from the UK who have a 14 year old daughter who I could invite along.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:16 pm
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by tonik25
We have been in Australia for 5 months and Brisbane for 2 months, living in an apartment on the South Bank until we sell up in the UK and buy a house out in the burbs.

Just the two of us, no kids although I work with a couple from the UK who have a 14 year old daughter who I could invite along.
More the better we just need a meeting place now? Pete
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

I will be off line for a couple of days (due to work) so if anyone can think of a venue ... perhaps The Plough on Southbank that way if anyone wants food, beer or to take the kids for a swim it is all close by, the only downside is the Plough does get quite full.

Open to suggestions ... let me know.

Cheers,

John
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We are happy with the plough if we can book seats etc

Billy & Vicki
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:10 am
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
We are happy with the plough if we can book seats etc

Billy & Vicki
when and what time? Pete
Old Apr 18th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Pete
what about the last sunday of next month we could do it sooner but it depends if most people were available

Billy
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:31 am
brown eyes!

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi Pete
what about the last sunday of next month we could do it sooner but it depends if most people were available

Billy
Any time amd date would suit us as there is only the 2 of us. Pete
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

We`are going to the sit down club to see ED BYRNE on friday if anyone fancy's that let me know and we can try and get some extra tickets

Billy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.