Brisbane living

Old Dec 18th 2007, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road
Default Brisbane living

Initially I was thinking about emmigrating to Brisbane, but now I'm not so sure. The thing is, I think it would be nice to live near a beach like I do now in UK, I run long distance(5km-10km) daily and I find the coast to be both spacious, pleasant and safe for this. Big cities don't excite me, but I do enjoy visiting them once in awhile, I prefer a more relaxed lifestyle to live in.

I'm guessing alot of things atm since I've never been to Brisbane. Does Brisbane have anything to offer me that I'm not seeing? I know I will love the weather in Brisbane, but maybe Perth is more suited for me?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane living

Originally Posted by Jessy69
Initially I was thinking about emmigrating to Brisbane, but now I'm not so sure. The thing is, I think it would be nice to live near a beach like I do now in UK, I run long distance(5km-10km) daily and I find the coast to be both spacious, pleasant and safe for this. Big cities don't excite me, but I do enjoy visiting them once in awhile, I prefer a more relaxed lifestyle to live in.

I'm guessing alot of things atm since I've never been to Brisbane. Does Brisbane have anything to offer me that I'm not seeing? I know I will love the weather in Brisbane, but maybe Perth is more suited for me?
Perth is on the coast, Brisbane is on the coast. Either way you can run with views of the ocean.

Brisbane CBD is 20km or so inland from the Bay area for example. To the north are beaches and of course the Sunshine Coast is awesome. To the south the Gold Coast which is equally fantastic (putting aside Surfers for just one second - not my condo cup of tea).

I think you may have a wrong impression of Brisbane in your minds eye but I appreciate the difficulties of trying to second guess a city to live in without ever having been there or understanding the respective areas or feel.

If you are thinking a house on the beach etc then I hope your loaded no matter where you choose...
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:06 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on what you're going to be doing at the beach really and whether you need to work in the CBD. Parts of the coastline near Brisbane aren't particularly sandy but fine if you're a boatie.

We wanted good beaches and cooling breezes so we decided to live on the GC and use the train to commute to Brisbane (just over $70 for a weekly ticket) Guess we could've gone for the Sunshine Coast but prefered the countryside and amenities further south.

Perth is ok in its own right but too isolated for us (been there and done that in another country) and I have a perception that the winters are colder there.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:44 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we live in Brisbane now, yeh it's nice but as you have said you want to be near the beach for running, bayside is nice for a run along the bay, there are plenty of bike ways in and around brisbane, but if you want to be near the beach then dont compromise, we did, and now 6 months later we are hoping to make the move to the gold coast within the next 6 months so we can be closer to the beach, there is more for the kids as they grow up, all the fun parks etc and I can still commute to work in Brisbane. We are not city people, we just chose Brisbane itself because of work, now we want to be somewhere quieter, we came here for the lifestyle and now we are going for it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Clairex