Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - Leather seats in cars.....

Brisbane - Leather seats in cars.....

Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:53 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all
Default Brisbane - Leather seats in cars.....

Hi all again,

Another strange question from me but what are the views on leather seats in cars in places as hot and humid as Brisbane? I am wondering whether it would be a bad idea or not?

As we will need a car as soon as we arrive i am looking into the possibility of getting one organised before we go so it is there waiting for us.

Cheers Gary
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice
Default Re: Brisbane - Leather seats in cars.....

I have leather seats in my Kia Sorrento, my advice to you if you get them is : DON'T WEAR SHORTS AFTER LEAVING IT IN THE SUN!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:12 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hoots nan
I have leather seats in my Kia Sorrento, my advice to you if you get them is : DON'T WEAR SHORTS AFTER LEAVING IT IN THE SUN!!!!
Thats what i was wondering! maybe better not too then
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:31 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
Thats what i was wondering! maybe better not too then
The same goes for leather sofas. In the summer you stick like velcro, in winter your freezing.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

[QUOTE=C&R]The same goes for leather sofas.

Too true, we shipped our leather sofas and have to put towels on them in the summer if we want to sit indoors! Go with something nicely upholstered is my advice
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:43 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=hoots nan]
Originally Posted by C&R
The same goes for leather sofas.

Too true, we shipped our leather sofas and have to put towels on them in the summer if we want to sit indoors!
haha! so do we!! also sarongs work a treat.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:51 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all again,

Another strange question from me but what are the views on leather seats in cars in places as hot and humid as Brisbane? I am wondering whether it would be a bad idea or not?

As we will need a car as soon as we arrive i am looking into the possibility of getting one organised before we go so it is there waiting for us.

Cheers Gary

Hot hot hot. We have leather in our Prado and it is horrible!! Get some big furry covers...ummmm nice!
Old Dec 18th 2006, 10:55 am
The Murphsters

Originally Posted by Vernons
Hot hot hot. We have leather in our Prado and it is horrible!! Get some big furry covers...ummmm nice!
Cheers folks, It seems pretty clear that i will not be getting leather then! I gues it will save a few quid at least

Vernons, what you make of the Prado? I have been looking at that and i like the look of it. I am quite looking forward to getting a 4x4, I dont think i would get away with one in the UK - people seem to think they are the devils transport over here and the Gov seem to want drivers of 4x4's to go bankrupt just paying the tax on them.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

I have bought a Kia Sportage whilst here in the UK for arrival in Brisbane. I did it all online and got a brilliant deal with lots of extras thrown in. I basically emailed all the different companies and got them to fight for our business. It's a great idea to do this in advance so you have a car when you get there. I checked it out here to be sure I liked it and yup, I was very pleased with the choice. It cost me around £8000 less than the UK equivalent! This was without the extras. I was thinking of getting leather seats also, but decided not to. Probably a good decision now based on what others have said. Good luck with your car hunting.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:12 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Prado = awesome. Ours is great and we have been off roading a bit thanks to it.

Its no bigger than most car engines here and so its not the devils own transport and more pratical than anything. You'll see heaps off 4x4's on the road and off it. When you see the state of some our roads anyway....hehe

Couldnt be happier with it and the dear lady uses it to tow horse floats, loads heaps of stuff and its made an excellent people carrier too. Toyota has an excellent name here for good reason.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:26 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers folks, It seems pretty clear that i will not be getting leather then! I gues it will save a few quid at least

Vernons, what you make of the Prado? I have been looking at that and i like the look of it. I am quite looking forward to getting a 4x4, I dont think i would get away with one in the UK - people seem to think they are the devils transport over here and the Gov seem to want drivers of 4x4's to go bankrupt just paying the tax on them.

We like it. We went for a second hand one but it is only a couple of years old so we are happy with it. It is also a diesel which is good I guess as petrol can go up and down a bit here but most of the supermarkets do money off coupons if you spend a certain amount but they only do it for petrol! What is that about? We have found it so useful for moving stuff around and have great fun driving up the beach in it to Rainbow Beach. OH can't wait to take it to Fraser Island!! I like it because I feel quite safe in it and I can see what is going on. When we arrived it seems so dark here (got used to it now) but find the lights are great in a storm!! Fuel prices are rising here though and when you earn dollars you start to watch the fuel gague going down in horror just like we would do in the UK. HOwver on the whole love it, especially as we could have never had one in the UK.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:16 am

MalvernMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all again,

Cheers Gary
Hi Gary

We had a black X5 with black leather and it was fine in the heat. My advice is to keep a towel handy and ensure you have the darkest tinting possible.

Leather is still the best when dealing with messy kids

... or kinky wives
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MalvernMan

Leather is still the best when dealing with messy kids

... or kinky wives
:scared:

Way too much information
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:20 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

They become the devils transport here when you put a huge bull bar on the front
Seem to see loads of the things when I drive through the school zones, large 4WD + kids running around + pointless bull bar = disaster.

Last edited by themerlin; Dec 19th 2006 at 2:35 am.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by themerlin
They become the devils transport here when you put a huge bull bar on the front
Seem to see loads of the things when I drive through the school zones, large 4WD + kids running around + pointless bull = disaster.
Concur, there is nothing worse than seeing cattle without any purpose in life wandering around outside schools.

It's heart-breaking, such a waste of life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.