Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Hotels - Any advice?

Brisbane Hotels - Any advice?

Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:45 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold
Default Brisbane Hotels - Any advice?

Hi All

Were coming over for the Paul Weller Concert - Brisbane Sunday 24th August!

We have booked a Paul Weller/reckie/validation trip. My husband, myself and 17yr old daughter. Six night stay, as we are only coming from NZ.

We would like somewhere cheap and chearful, close to transport etc. Does anyone have any advice or links that we can try?

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Hotels - Any advice?

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Hi All

We have booked a Paul Weller/reckie/validation trip. My husband, myself and 17yr old daughter. Six night stay, as we are only coming from NZ.

We would like somewhere cheap and chearful, close to transport etc. Does anyone have any advice or links that we can try?

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
Hi Debbie
Where is he playing
j
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:58 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi Debbie
Where is he playing
j
the tivoli.

cheap and cheerful is the tricky bit... the cheap places don't look all that cheerful I'm afraid !! How much AUD$ are you looking to spend per night?

ps - if you are doing a reccie I would consider hiring a car...you can get some really good deals.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:05 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Avoid the Victory.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:43 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Hi There

Paul Weller is playing at the 'Tivoli'

We are going to hire a car for the week as we want to get out and about and have a look at some of the areas that we have shortlisted for when we arrive permanently.

We have never been to Aus before, so looking forward to our visit.

We are also hoping to meet up with a few possible employers, so it will be an extremely busy week.

Probably looking at $125 - $150 per night
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spellbound
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
We sometimes use
www.quickbeds.com
www.wotif.com
www.ratestogo.com.au
www.choicehotels.com.au

Good luck and i hope you have a great night at the concert (which hopefully will mean that we had a great one the night before )
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry not coming to the concert but hope you have a fantastic night. Was just wondering if someone could recommend a hotel in Brisbane close to the airport. We fly in from Uk on 24th landing at 7pm. Going to stay a couple of nights and then fly up to Townsville. Just need somewhere to sleep and a pool to chill out in for a day. Many Thanks Liz