Reload this Page >

Brisbane holiday parks

Brisbane holiday parks

Old Jan 20th 2006, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Sue Atkinson is on a distinguished road
Default Brisbane holiday parks

Hello

We have booked flights to Brisbane arriving end of May. We thought that we could stay for the first week or so in a Holiday Park - similar to Centre Parcs in the UK/Europe. Has anyone had experience of one of these parks around the Brisbane area?

They seem to be good value for money and gives you the freedom to check out Brisbane Centre but also offer a lot of activities for little girl to do to keep her happy.

Your feedback would be most welcome

Thanks
Sue
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:01 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brisbane holiday parks

Hi
try ourbrisbane.com
loads of links etc on there.
good luck!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Hi
try ourbrisbane.com
loads of links etc on there.
good luck!
Have looked at that site - it's a good site - thats where we got the idea from. Have yuo stayed at any or know anyone who has?

Thanks
Sue
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:07 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Sue,
sorry no,we're off for our reccie trip in April,i've got a few mates out there and they went and looked at place for us,even told us which aparment had best views,how clean,friendly etc etc each place is!
We're looking at the sunshine coast for a possible move,but it's looking good for April! can't wait! i'm sure someone on here will be able to help,i've had loads of help with questions on here,they're a good bunch!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know about holiday parks in Brisbane itself but if you go down to the Gold Coast there is a nice Big4 park. Nothing like Centreparcs though but it does have a decent restaraunt, 2 pools and right next door to a decent shopping area.

Also short drive to Surfers Paradise and good beaches (Main beach is good)
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Sue,
sorry no,we're off for our reccie trip in April,i've got a few mates out there and they went and looked at place for us,even told us which aparment had best views,how clean,friendly etc etc each place is!
We're looking at the sunshine coast for a possible move,but it's looking good for April! can't wait! i'm sure someone on here will be able to help,i've had loads of help with questions on here,they're a good bunch!
Thanks anyhow - good luck on reccie trip
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Dont know about holiday parks in Brisbane itself but if you go down to the Gold Coast there is a nice Big4 park. Nothing like Centreparcs though but it does have a decent restaraunt, 2 pools and right next door to a decent shopping area.

Also short drive to Surfers Paradise and good beaches (Main beach is good)

Thanks for response. We really need to be close to Brisbane for this trip. Staying at Gold Coast towards end of trip - accommodation already sorted for that area.
Sue
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sue Atkinson
Thanks for response. We really need to be close to Brisbane for this trip. Staying at Gold Coast towards end of trip - accommodation already sorted for that area.
Sue
There's a caravan/holiday park in Eight Mile Plains, south Brisbane, about 20 mins drive into the city.. Not sure if it's a "centre Parcs" type camp but it always looks busy so cant be too bad. I'll get the phone number for you next time I drive past.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Hun
There's a caravan/holiday park in Eight Mile Plains, south Brisbane, about 20 mins drive into the city.. Not sure if it's a "centre Parcs" type camp but it always looks busy so cant be too bad. I'll get the phone number for you next time I drive past.
Thanks for your help. The one that I saw on www site was called Brisbane Holiday Camp/Park?. It is rated 4 star so I guess it must be okay. have you heard of it?

Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help. The one that I saw on www site was called Brisbane Holiday Camp/Park?. It is rated 4 star so I guess it must be okay. have you heard of it?

Thanks
http://tinyurl.com/bjg2r

This is it, it's across the road from me. As I said, it's close to the city, Garden City shopping centre is across the main road so you can do your shopping there if you want, the gateway and pacific freeways are next to it too so easy access to wherever you want to go. don't know too much about it as i only drive past it.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Hello

We have booked flights to Brisbane arriving end of May. We thought that we could stay for the first week or so in a Holiday Park - similar to Centre Parcs in the UK/Europe. Has anyone had experience of one of these parks around the Brisbane area?

They seem to be good value for money and gives you the freedom to check out Brisbane Centre but also offer a lot of activities for little girl to do to keep her happy.

Thanks
Sue

Hi Sue

we stayed at the Gateway Village Resort, in Rochedale, basically it was a caravan but had everything we needed including 2 bathrooms. the camp has a small playground, swimming pool, and tennis courts, you can also walk to a small selection of shops from there ( supermarket, Bakery etc.). we found it fine for our short stay cheaper than a hotel.

Hazel
Old Jan 21st 2006, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hazel T
Hi Sue

we stayed at the Gateway Village Resort, in Rochedale, basically it was a caravan but had everything we needed including 2 bathrooms. the camp has a small playground, swimming pool, and tennis courts, you can also walk to a small selection of shops from there ( supermarket, Bakery etc.). we found it fine for our short stay cheaper than a hotel.

Hazel
Thanks Hazel

I have mailed a couple of parks for tariff rates so we'll wait and see what the cost is. We are trying to do this reccie trip on a bit of a budget. We also think that the little one will probably enjoy this type of resort more than staying at a hotel. All she really wants is a pool and a playground.

It seems that these resort parks around Brisbane are really well kept and very tidy so we are edging towards one of these - works out at about £250 - 300 for a week. (Low season). Looks good for me!

Do you think that 1 week stay will be okay for one of these type of parks?

Thanks
Sue
Old Jan 21st 2006, 10:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Thanks
Sue
Hi Sue, here are 2 on the southside, both close to each other

www.gatewayvillage.com.au

www.brisbaneholiday.com.au

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:17 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Hello

Thanks
Sue
Hello Sue,
We stayed at Newmarket Gardens Caravan Park... not really centre parcs, but it's only about 4km from city centre.. We hired a small cabin, cost us about £175 a week, I think... There's a bus stop 2 mins walk from the park, and that takes you right into city centre. We hired a car while we were there and did loads of exploring!!

It was really clean and well maintained.. I'd recommend them if you want to be close to the city.

http://www.newmarketgardens.com.au/

Hope that's of some use
Sonic x
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Hello Sue,
We stayed at Newmarket Gardens Caravan Park... not really centre parcs, but it's only about 4km from city centre.. We hired a small cabin, cost us about £175 a week, I think... There's a bus stop 2 mins walk from the park, and that takes you right into city centre. We hired a car while we were there and did loads of exploring!!

It was really clean and well maintained.. I'd recommend them if you want to be close to the city.

http://www.newmarketgardens.com.au/

Hope that's of some use
Sonic x
Thanks for that - I have just sent a message to them asking for a tariff for May 2006 for 1 week.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.