Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane here we come!!!!!!!

Brisbane here we come!!!!!!!

Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice
Default Brisbane here we come!!!!!!!

We exchanged on Friday and booked our flights on Saturday. We fly on 1st Jan via Singapore arriving in Brisbane on 6th Jan.

Is anyone else hoping to arrive in Brisbane around the same time? At the moment we think we may aim for the Sunshine Coast - who knows. There seemed to be several of us going for the same area around the same time a while ago, perhaps we could all meet up.

Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:05 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We may be there mid-January - depends on house sale.

We are aiming for Wellington Point/Moreton Bay area we think. Have just found out that my sister who lives in Victoria has bought an investment property in WEllington Point and we may be her first tenants!

Would be interested in a meet up.

Kev and Kate
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are arriving in january and will be staying in Caloundra ( Sunshine Coast), I would be happy to arrange a meet up when we arrive. I am sure we can find a perfect location out there for us all to have a chat, drink and the kids play! There is a Brissie meet up planned for Jan/Feb as well.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amanda & Paul; hope to meet you when you get over here. I'm in one of Brissie's northern suburbs, so not too far away, and as Tina says we are hoping to have an expats meet in Jan or Feb. First one is in a couple of weeks and I can't believe how popular the idea has been! Kev & Kate, you will probably be here in time as well!
Good luck to you all with the move!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:40 pm

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pollyanna

Good to know there will be so many of us around the area. Would be v. interested in meet-up. Hope to be there soon.

Kate
Old Dec 1st 2003, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Great - we'll look forward to meeting up with you all. Will someone post me a private message/email with times dates etc when decided? PC is being packed up for shipping next week and will have to rely on laptop after that - am a bit of a liability on it!!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 11:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by kevwalt
We are aiming for Wellington Point/Moreton Bay area we think.
Hi there,
You should love Wellington Point, its a great place to go for a picnic by the water, right on the point.
I've been in the area for 12 months now, and I'm happy with the area.

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

rob&kim is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Hi Amanda & Paul,

So you finally exchanged then, great and flights booked - I know just how you feel having only been in that position about 2 weeks ago. We are now in Noosa, Rob has a job already, have found a great house to rent (until our house is old!) with a pool and have put the kids in a really good school. They start on 27th January, which is a downside for me, as I wanted to start work, but I am looking for holiday clubs for them both so that I can start work. I got a positive on a job in a solicitors just up the road and hope to hear something soon.

When you arrive ring us. I will send you a PM with our mobile number.
Take care - see you soon.
Luv Kim and Rob
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:25 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Amanda and Paul,
Good luck, we're a little way behind you, we arrive in Brisbane middle of feb, I'll look forward to hearing how you're doing,
Michaela
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 10:33 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

If us Brits keep going like this Brisbane will be a pommie city in five years! I'll see you all there next year, perhaps we can persuade the breweries to start supplying decent beer!
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 12:16 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We'll be arriving on the 4th. Staying in Paddington for the first couple of weeks and then settling in either Bellbowrie or somewhere round Bayside, depending on where we like best.

Jane
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

helma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane here we come

[Great idea the meets.

We'll be there in July, hoping to stay with freinds till we find our own place in Cleveland. Will certanly come to the July one if there still going strong.

excuse the spelling !!!!!!! :lecture:

Keith, Helma's other half.
Old Dec 4th 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Can't believe there are so many of us going to Brisbane around the same time! It'll be great to meet up. Feeling Very stressed right now and can't wait to kick back on a beach and relax for a couple of days.

:scared: