Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane..good pubs and restaurants please...

Brisbane..good pubs and restaurants please...

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane..good pubs and restaurants please...

Hi

Were coming up to Brisbane from Sydney, on the easter weekend to sample some of your lovely city.

Doing a bit of sailing out of Manly with Solo sailing adventures.

Need to find some excellent pubs and restaurants to take our first visitors to.

Yep we've only been here 3 months ourselves and the visitors are arriving already. Only got the beds delivered from the UK last Monday!!!!!!!!!!

So anyone who does lots of and :PARTY: would be if you can let us know where.
Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Dagboy has just mentioned a few on the Ladies Night Down Under thread - might be worth a look if you want to drink and dance!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:42 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane..good pubs and restaurants please...

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
Hi

Were coming up to Brisbane from Sydney, on the easter weekend to sample some of your lovely city.

Doing a bit of sailing out of Manly with Solo sailing adventures.

Need to find some excellent pubs and restaurants to take our first visitors to.

Yep we've only been here 3 months ourselves and the visitors are arriving already. Only got the beds delivered from the UK last Monday!!!!!!!!!!

So anyone who does lots of and :PARTY: would be if you can let us know where.
Cheers
Are you really prepared for what you are letting yourself in for ?

Most visitors end up wanting to live here

Have a great time while you are here.

Pollyana's tip is good, you will be entering Mrs D's territory

Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Cheers.....Mrs Dagboy is excellent for advice on most things in brisbane.

Originally posted by Pollyana
Mrs Dagboy has just mentioned a few on the Ladies Night Down Under thread - might be worth a look if you want to drink and dance!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 2:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ackkkkkk I wouldnt take visitors to any of those Polly, they are suitable for a riotous girly night out, but arent what I would consider good pubs or restaurants! LOL.

Suggestions (where exactly are you staying? some may be too far away)
Breakfast Creek Hotel - good steak
Bretts Wharf (seafood)
Brekky creek wharf (seafood)
Cheers (good pub that does fabulous pizza!)
Lat27 http://www.lat27.com - a bit too new modern for my tastes, but the food was excellent!
Manly Hotel (if you are down that way)
Fish Cafe at Maly (ditto)
Felix with Flames (Manly again) - Nice food

Probably heaps of others, as I said it depends on what you are looking for & where you are. But those are a start .
Old Mar 24th 2004, 5:07 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it woke you up anyway!!!
Shall keep that list as well, maybe one day I can aspire to decent eateries (other than Cheers, which DOES do fab pizza!)

Nice to know you are sending us girlies to the seedy end of town
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:12 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana

Nice to know you are sending us girlies to the seedy end of town
Only the best for my mates
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:17 am
Rocket Scientist

Ohh somewhere else that does nice food is Dicey Rileys at Mt Gravatt, Town Square at Garden City.

Even Polly can vouch for that one as well .
Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:29 am
Home and Happy

oh yes, if thats what it was called!! The place for the Post-wedding gossip!!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

The wife and I got very pi**ed one night during a kareoke at the Plough on Brisbane's South Bank.

Good atmosphere, great crowd
Old Mar 25th 2004, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Cool Thanks

Cheers
Mrs Dagboy and Pollyana. looks like we can have a civilised night and a riotious one then!

Apparently I'm being taken fishing with the boys....that should be an experience.

I'll let you know how it goes if I make it back.
Cheers
Berni

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Ohh somewhere else that does nice food is Dicey Rileys at Mt Gravatt, Town Square at Garden City.

Even Polly can vouch for that one as well .
Old Mar 25th 2004, 5:41 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

surely the norman in woolloongabba has the best steak in brissie?? i liked lat27, then there's ecco just around the corner.

in the valley/new farm there's tibetan kitchen (great), thai on brunswick, himalayan cafe. chinatown has heaps of.... well, chinese restaurants (and korean/vietnamese, etc) avanti (italian) at bardon...

as for pubs.... the list depends on what you like. the valley has the best selection, having some dingy pubs, some snobby pubs, some meat-market pubs, and some relaxing bars.

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Ackkkkkk I wouldnt take visitors to any of those Polly, they are suitable for a riotous girly night out, but arent what I would consider good pubs or restaurants! LOL.

Suggestions (where exactly are you staying? some may be too far away)
Breakfast Creek Hotel - good steak
Bretts Wharf (seafood)
Brekky creek wharf (seafood)
Cheers (good pub that does fabulous pizza!)
Lat27 http://www.lat27.com - a bit too new modern for my tastes, but the food was excellent!
Manly Hotel (if you are down that way)
Fish Cafe at Maly (ditto)
Felix with Flames (Manly again) - Nice food

Probably heaps of others, as I said it depends on what you are looking for & where you are. But those are a start .
Old Mar 25th 2004, 5:54 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by brisnick
surely the norman in woolloongabba has the best steak in brissie??
Our local pub in Victoria Point, "says" it has the best steak in Brisbane, in all its advertising. Not been there yet though, it only opened a couple of months ago.

Old Mar 25th 2004, 5:59 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

much like the rg in the valley has the 'best dinner in australia' claim. i've tasted their food, and it wouldn't even be the best food when comparing with the left-overs bin from most other food establishments (including curry-in-a-hurry, which thankfully closed down)

the norman goes by reputation........

but i guess any place can be classed as good or bad. my mother thought sizzler was the best steak she'd ever had last time she visited!!!

but the boatshed by the regatta in toowong does do a fairly decent steak, and you have two of my favourite pubs in walking distance. the regatta and the re (although the regatta lost some of it's draw when they refurbished it - though the male toilets are quite funny..........)

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Our local pub in Victoria Point, "says" it has the best steak in Brisbane, in all its advertising. Not been there yet though, it only opened a couple of months ago.
Old Mar 25th 2004, 6:13 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by brisnick
the regatta and the re (although the regatta lost some of it's draw when they refurbished it - though the male toilets are quite funny..........)

I ate in the Regatta Christmas Day 2002, just two weeks after arriving, and was very disturbed by p***ing against the one way mirrored glass wall watching the other diners!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.