Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Golf clubs - Indooroopilly ?????

Brisbane Golf clubs - Indooroopilly ?????

Old Sep 25th 2006, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Default Brisbane Golf clubs - Indooroopilly ?????

Hello,

A shot in the dark, this.

We're hopefully coming to Brisbane in the next few months depending on DIMA and want to find out more about some decent golf clubs which are fiarly central.

We plan on basing ourselves fairly central, Indooroopilly looks good, but seems a bit too much like a golf club (too snooty ?) Don't go in for that too much so does anyone know what it's actually like, or whther there are any better ones ?

Any views would be appreciated. (Just got back from the K club, it was f**kin awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Old Sep 25th 2006, 11:37 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Golf clubs - Indooroopilly ?????

I'm no golfer but I don't believe there to be anything snooty about Indro golf club. Its "Hundred Acre Bar" is very popular with the desperate housewives of the western suburbs. Nearby is the St Lucia golf club.

Originally Posted by martynm
Hello,

We're hopefully coming to Brisbane in the next few months depending on DIMA and want to find out more about some decent golf clubs which are fiarly central.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:07 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

As Jayr said they are both good golf courses and they are not to snooty at all from the times I have been there. St Lucia is only about 5 mins away from the Indooroopilly golf course.

http://www.hillstonestlucia.com.au/default.htm

Hello,

We plan on basing ourselves fairly central, Indooroopilly looks good, but seems a bit too much like a golf club (too snooty ?) Don't go in for that too much so does anyone know what it's actually like, or whther there are any better ones ?

Any views would be appreciated. (Just got back from the K club, it was f**kin awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
As Jayr said they are both good golf courses and they are not to snooty at all from the times I have been there. St Lucia is only about 5 mins away from the Indooroopilly golf course.

http://www.hillstonestlucia.com.au/default.htm

Thanks both, I have played in a very snooty club here in the UK for the last two years and have just about had enough of them.

Cheers.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Thanks both, I have played in a very snooty club here in the UK for the last two years and have just about had enough of them.

Cheers.
Interesting thread, and link.......I play @ a very down to earth club

I cant wait to play out in Brisbane, some of those course's and driving ranges look amazing compared to the clubs I play at..............all that remains is to improve my game LOL

Last edited by Cardos; Sep 26th 2006 at 2:18 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cardos
Interesting thread, and link.......I play @ a very down to earth club

I cant wait to play out in Brisbane, some of those course's and driving ranges look amazing compared to the clubs I play at..............all that remains is to improve my game LOL
You're not wrong, they look fantastic ! Puts our facilities to shame.
Can't wait to go either. !
Oysters and tooheys for a post match meal, can't be bad !