British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane and Gold coast books (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-gold-coast-books-311324/)

gsb Jun 30th 2005 11:44 am

Brisbane and Gold coast books

A bit of a blatant plug, bust also helpful. We (me and Scissors) have purchased quite a few books in order to help us lear more about Brisbane and the surrounding areas. One of the websites we came across was: www.where2live.info

On this website there are publications on the gold coast and brisbane which are quite detailed.

The publisher of the books is Chantal Dunbar. In my opinion the books are excellent in their detail, covering information about individual suburbs and also providing detail about schools, employment, house prices...all the kind of info that would help in maybe narrowing down areas to look at when visiting Oz.

Chantal is very helpful and I am sure would have no problem in answering any questions about the books that are not covered by taking a look at the website.

If anyone does enquire could you mention that it came from the Britishexpats website.

Cheers, Gary

JohnandMichelle Jun 30th 2005 11:49 am

Re: Brisbane and Gold coast books

Originally Posted by gsb
A bit of a blatant plug, bust also helpful. We (me and Scissors) have purchased quite a few books in order to help us lear more about Brisbane and the surrounding areas. One of the websites we came across was: www.where2live.info

On this website there are publications on the gold coast and brisbane which are quite detailed.

The publisher of the books is Chantal Dunbar. In my opinion the books are excellent in their detail, covering information about individual suburbs and also providing detail about schools, employment, house prices...all the kind of info that would help in maybe narrowing down areas to look at when visiting Oz.

Chantal is very helpful and I am sure would have no problem in answering any questions about the books that are not covered by taking a look at the website.

If anyone does enquire could you mention that it came from the Britishexpats website.

Cheers, Gary

Bought the Gold Coast one myself and have found it brilliant. Personally signed by Chantal Dunbar as well!!

gsb Jun 30th 2005 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Bought the Gold Coast one myself and have found it brilliant. Personally signed by Chantal Dunbar as well!!

You obviously have connections..... :D

mattmc Jun 30th 2005 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by gsb

Cheers, Gary

Gary,

Don't worry about the plug this is exactly what I am looking for.

thanks
mattmc

AnitaB Jun 30th 2005 10:13 pm

Hi

Do they sell these books in the UK.

Cheers

AnitaB

gsb Jun 30th 2005 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi

Do they sell these books in the UK.

Cheers

AnitaB

Hi Anita

As far as I am aware they dont. Dont know if you are aware but there is also an Australian shop behind the theatre in London that is showing Chicago (sorry dont remember the name :o )

We ordered ours from the website and it came very quickly.

Would definitely reccomend.

Cheers, Gary