Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane, Gold Coast

Brisbane, Gold Coast

Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:35 pm
robert clarke

robert clarke is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Brisbane, Gold Coast

:scared: This is the first time using this site. My name is robert clarke and I am in the process of getting all paperwork together for skills assessment, i am wanting to go on my chef skills with my wife and 3 children (9,8,5). Can anyone give me information on what to do next, once i have all paperwork for the skills assessment would be most helpful.

Also anybody who is also in the process of applying to go to brisbane.

Look forward to all of your advice and help.

Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane, Gold Coast

Originally Posted by robert clarke
:scared: This is the first time using this site. My name is robert clarke and I am in the process of getting all paperwork together for skills assessment, i am wanting to go on my chef skills with my wife and 3 children (9,8,5). Can anyone give me information on what to do next, once i have all paperwork for the skills assessment would be most helpful.

Thanks
I can't help with any of the skills stuff etc., but thought i'd just say hello and welcome

Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:06 am
robert clarke

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I can't help with any of the skills stuff etc., but thought i'd just say hello and welcome
Thanks very much, have looked at some of your links which have been most helpful.

robert
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

purple swatch will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Hello There.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 10:50 am
robert clarke

Originally Posted by purple swatch
Hello There.
Thanks for your reply, what stage are you in the process of emigrating and are there any useful points/tips for us new people

thanks

Robert
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your reply, what stage are you in the process of emigrating and are there any useful points/tips for us new people

thanks

Robert
Hi Robert
We have done the skilled assessment, and a little advice photo copy your certified documents as you will need them for your visa. I unfortunately didn't do this, and now have to suck up to my friend the solicitor otherwise it will cost even more.
We processed our skilled assessment, though this was through AASW and they processed it in two weeks. I therefore advise you ensure that you prepare your house to sell, as this will most definately hold you up not your application.
We are pretty new ourselves, however if you look at previous threads there is alot of advice. We will be more than happy to help out, our friend gave us alot of advice and she has now left for Brisbane in the sunshine coast.

Good Luck
Carol and Ian
Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:55 am
robert clarke

Originally Posted by Ian_H
Hi Robert
We have done the skilled assessment, and a little advice photo copy your certified documents as you will need them for your visa. I unfortunately didn't do this, and now have to suck up to my friend the solicitor otherwise it will cost even more.
We processed our skilled assessment, though this was through AASW and they processed it in two weeks. I therefore advise you ensure that you prepare your house to sell, as this will most definately hold you up not your application.
We are pretty new ourselves, however if you look at previous threads there is alot of advice. We will be more than happy to help out, our friend gave us alot of advice and she has now left for Brisbane in the sunshine coast.

Good Luck
Carol and Ian
Hi Carol and Ian,

thanks for your info, you say you processed your skilled assessment in 2 weeks through AASW, can you let us have more info on this.

Also how do i look at your previous threads.

What area are you looking to go to, we are looking to go to brisbane, i have a brother there who has just emgirated on a marriage visa.

Hope to hear from you both soon.

Robert, Jane & kids
Old Mar 6th 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Hi Carol and Ian,

thanks for your info, you say you processed your skilled assessment in 2 weeks through AASW, can you let us have more info on this.

Also how do i look at your previous threads.

What area are you looking to go to, we are looking to go to brisbane, i have a brother there who has just emgirated on a marriage visa.

Hope to hear from you both soon.

Robert, Jane & kids
Hi Robert,
Depending on who you have to lodge your application with, will depend what you need to supply. I am a social worker i did it through AASW, I had to provide certified copies of my qualifications, references and complete the form. Provide as much info as you can, as this can hold up your application if they request further information.

Check on the government web site www.immi.gov.au to see what is required of an application in your field. We are applying on a General independant skilled visa, which means that we have to follow booklet 6. This gives you step by step stages to follow.

There is a search engine on this forum, and if you look to the bottom of your thread the forum provides similar threads.

Also have a look at www.Australia.gov.au. There is a good thread on the opening Australia page called Useful Links this is also worth looking at.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Welcome to the site ... top right corner (search) then type what your looking for it then will show previous posts which could help you.

All the best with your application

Sue
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi Welcome to the forum!

Im sure you will be addicted in a few days!

Good luck with your application,

fabie
Old Mar 6th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

greetings and welcome. Im sure all your answers can be found on this site somwhere.

We too are looking at Brisbane for next year, skills assesment done and passed, waiting for med/police requests.