Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Girls Drinking Club

Wikiposts

Brisbane Girls Drinking Club

Old Aug 20th 2004, 6:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Girls Drinking Club

Originally Posted by natalies
Thanks girls it was a lovely evening and wonderful to meet you all. I must admit it was pretty loud in there as I was suffering with a hoarse voice last night.
I understand we are intending to hit the Valley next month hopefully you will all be up for that.
The Valley sounds good Nat - put a thread on here with details!!
There will also be a meet probably in mid-October, when Michelle (mlbonner) will introduce us to some of the pubs near Gilhooleys - I think the Victory is one.
That was a really good night - I have no voice at all today - I always end up hoarse after shouting all evening and my voice was suffering anyway, so The Bloke is in for a quiet couple of days! I'm not sure how many of us there were in the end as we sort of split into groups but it must have been about 20, which was really great. Didn't get to talk to everyone but there will be another time.
And may I offer my congratulations to Gilhooleys on selling an excellent pint (or 7) of Bulmers Cider.......yummy yummy yummy, forgotten how good cider could be!

Thanks again for the lift Michelle - we will get Shane and The Bloke together when the footie season is over and they can whinge about their strange partners who hate top-loaders and closed curtains! Hope you've recovered from the embarrassment of me getting on the train in my witch's hat....there she was, sitting so sedately and quietly, when a mad woman got on in a bright purple witch's hat and sat opposite her! You should have seen the look I got at the ticket office.....!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 6:46 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Yep, was really good to meet everyone.... bit low on the ground for dirt.... perhaps next time

Polly - Shane says, no probs for the lift home. Glad we could help!

Hi mlbonner

Really glad you had a good night out and I can't wait to get to Bracken Ridge and meet up with everyone!!!
Have you found a job you fancy yet???

Shell
x
Old Aug 20th 2004, 8:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi mlbonner

Really glad you had a good night out and I can't wait to get to Bracken Ridge and meet up with everyone!!!
Have you found a job you fancy yet???

Shell
x

Hey Shell - I've sent you a PM

Sent you one too Polly!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

How'd my cardboard cut-out stand up (ha ha)? Drink you lot under the table?
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:35 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
How'd my cardboard cut-out stand up (ha ha)? Drink you lot under the table?
No chance Bundy! Did well, but as I had discovered Gilhooleys sells Bulmers Cider I wasn't going to be out-drunk by anyone!!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 12:36 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No chance Bundy! Did well, but as I had discovered Gilhooleys sells Bulmers Cider I wasn't going to be out-drunk by anyone!!
Sounds like you were out and drunk with everyone
Where's the blackmail pics?
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:03 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

But was anyone drinking bundy rum??????!!!!!!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:17 am
Home and Happy

But was anyone drinking bundy rum??????!!!!!!
Not that I saw, and I didn't dare cos I'd get even drunker even quicker! Did try a can of the new Bundy with lime when we went to the Ekka. That was rather tasty!!
Oh, and there was a brief debate onthe future expedition down to Nundle for a certain wedding celebration.......
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:19 am
She's a bird, you know

Not that I saw, and I didn't dare cos I'd get even drunker even quicker! Did try a can of the new Bundy with lime when we went to the Ekka. That was rather tasty!!
Oh, and there was a brief debate onthe future expedition down to Nundle for a certain wedding celebration.......

WHAT?! Bundy and lime what in god's name are they trying to do????!!!!!

Well I trust everyone had their diaries out for the Great Nundle Bash.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:24 am
Home and Happy

WHAT?! Bundy and lime what in god's name are they trying to do????!!!!!

Well I trust everyone had their diaries out for the Great Nundle Bash.
Didn't think you'd approve, but being a lime fan I thought it was rather tasty. Complimented the Bundy rather than overwhelming it!!
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:25 am
She's a bird, you know

Didn't think you'd approve, but being a lime fan I thought it was rather tasty. Complimented the Bundy rather than overwhelming it!!
But bundy lime and what? Not just bundy and lime like you have vodka limes?
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:31 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

But bundy lime and what? Not just bundy and lime like you have vodka limes?
OHHHH Bundy don't fret girl it's a darknstormy with a hint of lime
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:33 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by cresta57
OHHHH Bundy don't fret girl it's a darknstormy with a hint of lime
You mean bundy, ginger ale and lime???!!!! Now that's just plain weird. Any minute now they'll be marketing the Nundle concoction of bundy, coke and orange juice....
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:36 am

You mean bundy, ginger ale and lime???!!!! Now that's just plain weird. Any minute now they'll be marketing the Nundle concoction of bundy, coke and orange juice....
Where's the puking smiley when you need it? :scared:
Bundydrynlime's quite refreshing as a change from the usual Dark N Stormy
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:39 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by cresta57
Where's the puking smiley when you need it? :scared:
Bundydrynlime's quite refreshing as a change from the usual Dark N Stormy

Well it sounds suspicious to me...not convinced. I don't know, it's less than a year since we were last in Oz and look what they've gone and done Wait til I tell Mr B. He'll have a fit.

We shall be wandering into threshers later to spend the better part of a weeks wages buying a bottle of bundy to take up to a Nundle mate in Edinburgh next week. Can safely say there will be no lime additions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.