Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Girlies Christmas Drinkies!

View Poll Results: Best date for drinks for me is.....
Friday, 3rd December
0%
Friday, 10th December
83.33%
I can't make either of those dates, but would like to come!!
16.67%
Not sure yet.... have to check my diary and get back to you!
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Brisbane Girlies Christmas Drinkies!

Old Nov 1st 2004, 9:57 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brisbane Girlies Christmas Drinkies!

Hi, we can't make it on the 10th as it is "Christmas in the Village" here in Samford - big xmas party which we will be going to.

So is there a preference for drinks now on an evening and no longer bbq meets on an afternoon?

Dawn
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmf
Hi, we can't make it on the 10th as it is "Christmas in the Village" here in Samford - big xmas party which we will be going to.

So is there a preference for drinks now on an evening and no longer bbq meets on an afternoon?

Dawn
Thats a real shame Dawn, maybe next time?
As for the BBQ meets, I think the Bayside people organise them, but they don't seem to put them on here, only on their other site. Not having kids we don't really know many family friendly places, though if you want to start something up, we'll join in! The drinking 'dos' were just started to run alongside really, for some of us who missed our nights down the pub!

Have a look at

http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...ex.php?act=idx

they might be up to something over there.......
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:35 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll try and make ut a young fit one, shall I?

Tracey - never fear, there'll be another do when you get here

Suuuuuuurree you will. Dont believe a word she says. I was promised a fireman but didnt get one. Had to go hunting for myself. LOL

W
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Suuuuuuurree you will. Dont believe a word she says. I was promised a fireman but didnt get one. Had to go hunting for myself. LOL

W
Should've had more patience...there are 60 of them staying in a north brissie hotel later this month........!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:29 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wanderlust

W

seems like you didnt do too bad out of it either
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll try and make it whichever date, have got a new job today (hurray!!!) which involves shifts, but as its in new farm even if I find myself on a late shift I can come and meet up afterwards if your in the city,
look forward to seeing you all again,
Michaela
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:03 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mcmercer
I'll try and make it whichever date, have got a new job today (hurray!!!) which involves shifts, but as its in new farm even if I find myself on a late shift I can come and meet up afterwards if your in the city,
Michaela
Michaela, that would be superb if you can come along - love to catch up with you again - I've missed you, mate!
Good luck with the new job, and hope it goes well; you can be sure we will still be going when the late shift finishes, so hopefully you can join us
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 7:18 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Michaela

Very good news indeed. Well done on both counts!
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

hi
10th is good for me
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 2:15 am
Home and Happy

Think I've got a new recruit for us - been talking to her this morning about booking bedrooms for Firefighters.....!!! Anyway, married to an Aussie, lived here a while (and in Perth and other places) - comes from Salford. Keeps me laughing on the phone for hours, so I thought she'd like join us!

Will send her a link as I don't THINK shes on the forum at all yet.
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 2:20 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Think I've got a new recruit for us - been talking to her this morning about booking bedrooms for Firefighters.....!!! Anyway, married to an Aussie, lived here a while (and in Perth and other places) - comes from Salford. Keeps me laughing on the phone for hours, so I thought she'd like join us!

Will send her a link as I don't THINK shes on the forum at all yet.

Cool - she's from near where I was then
Old Nov 3rd 2004, 2:57 am
Home and Happy

Certainly had me in fits on the phone this morning - she'll fit in perfectly!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:32 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Seems like the 10th is the best date for our Christmas drinks then. Any more takers for it!
We're looking at a couple of options at the moment for things to do. If they seem feasible/enjoyable I'll post them up here for your opinions! Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:33 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Seems like the 10th is the best date for our Christmas drinks then. Any more takers for it!
We're looking at a couple of options at the moment for things to do. If they seem feasible/enjoyable I'll post them up here for your opinions! Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers
Our new mate from Salford said she's really keen to come along and meet us, even if all we do is drink and laugh! She should fit in well
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:38 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Our new mate from Salford said she's really keen to come along and meet us, even if all we do is drink and laugh! She should fit in well

Cool - I was talking to the receptionist of the company that shares our level earlier.. turns out shes from Essex, has been here 4 years. Might see if she fancies a bit of a drink & laugh too next time I see her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.