Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats wanting UK food items ...

Brisbane Expats wanting UK food items ...

Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Expats wanting UK food items ...

Ive found another outlet for you if you are heading down the Coast or live southside, try this place

Sanctuary Cove Chocolates

Marine Vlge Sanctuary Cove QLD 4212
ph: (07) 5577 8393

The lady who runs its has a range of things from Irnbru to Bistro gravy. If you want to know if she has anything particular you can always call, she said pls call after 10.30am as before that she is in the factory (handmaking the chocolates, its a hard life ).

Im not exactly sure on how to get there if you are driving (we were there on the boat), but the shop is down very close to the marina berths on a corner.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Expats wanting UK food items ...

There is also a British food shop in Robina Town Centre shopping plaza on the Gold Coast for anything you can't get in Brisbane.

Gazza
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:12 am
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

Been to both shops this weekend ..thanks for the addresses.
Now we're all stocked up with bisto and cadbury's Fudges.MMmm

Next door to Sanctuary Cove is The 'Hope Island Deli' in the Marina Shopping centre near to Sanctuary Cove is also stocking a few British goods...Marmite, Branston pickle and Stilton Cheese for starters, (the Cropwell Bishop variety from Nottinghmashire). Gorgeous!!

He is about to try some of my Melton Pork pies as a trial soon as well (some of the Gold coast expats very nearly got to try one a few weeks back), anyway, if anyone wants to buy a real mcoy 'finest' Pork Pie head down there in a couple of weeks.

I'll keep you all posted on an exact lunch date! I mean launch date.

Wenz
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wenz

Next door to Sanctuary Cove is The 'Hope Island Deli' in the Marina Shopping centre near to Sanctuary Cove is also stocking a few British goods...Marmite, Branston pickle and Stilton Cheese for starters, (the Cropwell Bishop variety from Nottinghmashire). Gorgeous!!

He is about to try some of my Melton Pork pies as a trial soon as well (some of the Gold coast expats very nearly got to try one a few weeks back), anyway, if anyone wants to buy a real mcoy 'finest' Pork Pie head down there in a couple of weeks.

Wenz
From Notts meself, so if you feelin' generous, pop a p.pie or two upto Cairns for us!!!! ( It's all in the 'crusty' pastry!!!!! )

Some decent stilton woulden't go amiss either!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wenz
Hmm, could be temoted by the pork pies....... are you planning on gala pie as well, or is that for the future?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:59 am
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmm, could be temoted by the pork pies....... are you planning on gala pie as well, or is that for the future?
Hi Polyanna,
For now I'm just going to see exactly what the Hope Island Deli wants to sell ,
I do know he's considering doing a full on pub style 'Ploughmans lunch' including the Melton Pork Pie together with, Stilton or Red Leicester cheese and branston pickle as a lunch time meal.
Certainly, Gala pies may be on the cards in the future but it all depends how many Pork Pies are sold in his shop as to whether my pork pie venture takes off or just flops on its arse.
It's a tough one as so many expats both new and old that I have met have all said "they would love to have a proper Melton Pork pie".. but unless they actually go out and buy one when they become available it may be a opputunity lost forever:-(

I'll keep everyone updated, and a big up to Podgypossum who suggested the idea of me going into business in a thread a few weeks back.

Wenz
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:01 am
The Pork Pie man!

Originally Posted by steandleigh
From Notts meself, so if you feelin' generous, pop a p.pie or two upto Cairns for us!!!! ( It's all in the 'crusty' pastry!!!!! )

Some decent stilton woulden't go amiss either!!!!!
Next time I'm up that way, for sure

Who'd have thought it a ploughmans Lunch in Cairns..

Wenz
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polyanna,
For now I'm just going to see exactly what the Hope Island Deli wants to sell ,
I do know he's considering doing a full on pub style 'Ploughmans lunch' including the Melton Pork Pie together with, Stilton or Red Leicester cheese and branston pickle as a lunch time meal.
Certainly, Gala pies may be on the cards in the future but it all depends how many Pork Pies are sold in his shop as to whether my pork pie venture takes off or just flops on its arse.
It's a tough one as so many expats both new and old that I have met have all said "they would love to have a proper Melton Pork pie".. but unless they actually go out and buy one when they become available it may be a opputunity lost forever:-(

I'll keep everyone updated, and a big up to Podgypossum who suggested the idea of me going into business in a thread a few weeks back.

Wenz
Genuine Ploughmans Lunch....my mouth is watering at the thought! Now all we need is a good pub with atmosphere, and real ale, and theres a good all-round business!
Keep me posted on the lunch/launch date and I'll get The Bloke to drive down there!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:28 am
The Pork Pie man!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Genuine Ploughmans Lunch....my mouth is watering at the thought! Now all we need is a good pub with atmosphere, and real ale, and theres a good all-round business!
Keep me posted on the lunch/launch date and I'll get The Bloke to drive down there!

Thanks Pollyana
a few more posts like yours and I'll be stoked
And how I long for a pint of Pedigree and a pack of scampi fries too

Wenz
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pollyana
a few more posts like yours and I'll be stoked
And how I long for a pint of Pedigree and a pack of scampi fries too

Wenz
There is a sweet outlet under the escalators opposite Big W in the maquarie centre that does scampi fries. First time I bought some imported English crap but it was funny to see the look on my colleagues faces as they smelt and ate it. They didn't feel very social afterwards.

There is a Shop next to the Bondi Tratt just off campbell parade that sells more of the British stuff.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:26 am
The Pork Pie man!

Originally Posted by bondipom
There is a sweet outlet under the escalators opposite Big W in the maquarie centre that does scampi fries. First time I bought some imported English crap but it was funny to see the look on my colleagues faces as they smelt and ate it. They didn't feel very social afterwards.

There is a Shop next to the Bondi Tratt just off campbell parade that sells more of the British stuff.

Great, Scampi Fries now all we're short of is the Draught Pedigree
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Ive found another outlet for you if you are heading down the Coast or live southside, try this place

Sanctuary Cove Chocolates

Marine Vlge Sanctuary Cove QLD 4212
ph: (07) 5577 8393

The lady who runs its has a range of things from Irnbru to Bistro gravy. If you want to know if she has anything particular you can always call, she said pls call after 10.30am as before that she is in the factory (handmaking the chocolates, its a hard life ).

Im not exactly sure on how to get there if you are driving (we were there on the boat), but the shop is down very close to the marina berths on a corner.
ive been to this shop. u will pay through the nose
i did buy some walkers cheese and onion though
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:44 am
Home and Happy

Great, Scampi Fries now all we're short of is the Draught Pedigree
Try the Liquor Superstoe in Lutwyche (Brisbane) - not sure they have Pedigree but they have a luverly range of good stuff.....nearly time to replenish my Speckly Hen supply.