Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:41 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Time once again to think about a Brisbane expats meetup. I was thinking about having one a bit earlier than this but have been busy with stuff & no one else has organised it, so here I am!

My suggestions for dates are either 11/12th July which is the last weekend of the school holidays or the weekend after the kids go back which is 17/18th July.

Suggested venue this time is completely away from the beach. JC Slaughter Falls is at the base of Mt Cootha, about 10 mins from the city. It has lovely walking trails. Other suggestions (from me) are Newstead Park (near the river at Breakfast Ck) or Mowbray Park (Lytton Rd, East Brisbane, not far from the Storey Bridge). Any other suggestions welcome!

Any takers for comments/suggestions?

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 15th 2004 at 1:41 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

we would love to come but cant make 11/12 July as the boys have rugby festivals hopefully following weekend but obviously will depend on everyone else
have a good weekend

Juliet
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:06 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

We'd love to come, but are in UK !! argghhhhh,

Hopefully be there in the spring, sept / oct ish and will look for meets
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Time once again to think about a Brisbane expats meetup. I was thinking about having one a bit earlier than this but have been busy with stuff & no one else has organised it, so here I am!

My suggestions for dates are either 11/12th July which is the last weekend of the school holidays or the weekend after the kids go back which is 18/19th July.

Suggested venue this time is completely away from the beach. JC Slaughter Falls is at the base of Mt Cootha, about 10 mins from the city. It has lovely walking trails. Other suggestions (from me) are Newstead Park (near the river at Breakfast Ck) or Mowbray Park (Lytton Rd, East Brisbane, not far from the Storey Bridge). Any other suggestions welcome!

Any takers for comments/suggestions?

We will be there then...hurrah...can we come? No plans for anything yet so any day should be fine for us.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:44 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Juliet, I was thinking about the soccer/football thing, so pretty open to days (Sat/Sun) & dates hopefully. I would have suggested the weekend before (3/4th) but I think that we are planning on a boating weekend with Ev & John that weekend (they just bought a boat woohoo, we have boaty mates at last ). We'll see if everyone else can agree on the 18/19th one.

Gryff, of course you can come , more the merrier, are you one of the ones arriving early July that ABC mentioned on BBB?
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:50 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy Gryff, of course you can come , more the merrier, are you one of the ones arriving early July that ABC mentioned on BBB?
I didn't have them on my list !! The numbers are swelling

What's Mowbray Park like ? is it big enough

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Mowbray Park is very nice, right along the riverbank with some lovely big old trees, a kids playground & footpath along the river. Not sure about BBQs, when we were there we only needed to worry about 1 BBQ, better check since some people werent too happy about the BBQ situation last time.

JC Slaughter Falls will possible have a similar problem, actually from memory they only had wood fuelled BBQs - even worse :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Juliet, I was thinking about the soccer/football thing, so pretty open to days (Sat/Sun) & dates hopefully. I would have suggested the weekend before (3/4th) but I think that we are planning on a boating weekend with Ev & John that weekend (they just bought a boat woohoo, we have boaty mates at last ). We'll see if everyone else can agree on the 18/19th one.

Gryff, of course you can come , more the merrier, are you one of the ones arriving early July that ABC mentioned on BBB?
Would love to come and meet u all....thanks. It could be me ABC mentioned...I have been on BBB a couple of times.....we arrive in Brisbane 2 July.

See you soon.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 4:34 pm
earlswood

Have a lurverly meet

and let us know when the next one will be as we arrive late August!!

Anita

Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:20 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Hiya MrsDB

Is it OK for Phoenix clan to come?? [providing we are in Oz by then ]

Do we bring our own snags & banana liquor? [bet you're impressed with me Ozzy knowledge...even B4 I get there!! ]

Looking fwd to meeting everyone........to catching up on how we're all doin......and to a few

Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:57 pm
Redland Bay - 22/06/04

LaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud of

hi there

we would like to come too,hopefully by then we will be a little settled and in a rental.
will have to get directions etc nearer time or follow someone out there:scared:

perhaps best to let hubby drive that day

will keep up with news on our travels,only 3 more days till we leave sunny blighty for brisbane! am looking forward to singapore now as all the packing etc has left me very knackered:scared:

Lara
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We will get to Brisbane on the 19th, then onto Cairns about a week later. We will try and make it if we are not too tired!!

Mandy
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:05 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by LaraandBryn
hi there

we would like to come too,hopefully by then we will be a little settled and in a rental.
will have to get directions etc nearer time or follow someone out there:scared:

perhaps best to let hubby drive that day

will keep up with news on our travels,only 3 more days till we leave sunny blighty for brisbane! am looking forward to singapore now as all the packing etc has left me very knackered:scared:

Lara

Good luck with the trip Lara

Let us know how you get on and how you like [or not] Singapore

We're thinking of same thing and would be glad of some feedback if you're up to it....

Enjoy ............and chill after all the hard work!

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Expats Meetup in July

Eh now. What's with all this secret stuff then

Nod nod, wink wink. Don't forget the password - BBB.

Makes me feel really left out
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we come ? we arrive in Brisbane on 1st of July

lucy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.