Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats Meet

Brisbane Expats Meet

Old Jun 12th 2005, 8:48 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Expats Meet

Well due to popular demand (& promising Donna that I would do this to save her from doing it), it's time to organise another expats meet.

Suggestions for dates from me would be either the 9th or 16th of July. Everyone always enjoys the meets at Wynnum & its very central & easy to find, so I would suggest we have it there again. For anyone who hasnt ever been there, there are BBQs for those that want to BBQ, take away shops directly across the road (for those that dont), one of the best playgrounds in Brisbane for the kids to play on, a bit of sandy beach also for the kids, the jetty to have a look at, the waterfront to walk along & heaps & heaps of tables & room for a large group of people to congregate. The water playground doesnt seem to be in operation (probably cos its winter!), but the pool did have water in it last weekend for those brave enough to want to try it :scared: .

So is anyone interested?
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:31 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane Expats Meet

Hmmm.. Maybe.. I'll let you know on the day (as usual)

Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I would love to meet you guys (hopefully hubby and I would be welcome) but that is around the time I am due to give birth so we may not be able to make it.

Katie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 10:57 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Katie, everyone is welcome! Would be great if you could come along, but we will understand if you are otherwise occupied! What date are you due?

ABC, yes, as usual, only problem is you usualy dont let us know anyway, you just dont turn up .
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,we ll be in ormiston from the 17 july,if anyone wants to meet after that,would love to meet some of our cyber friends
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I am due to be induced the week of the 12th of July. I haven't got an exact date, but it will probably be around the 15th. Believe me I would much rather be at a Barbie, but it is not the sort of thing you can get out of
I'm hoping it will be all worth it when God willing I am holding my bundle of joy.

katie
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:25 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Well due to popular demand (& promising Donna that I would do this to save her from doing it), it's time to organise another expats meet.

Suggestions for dates from me would be either the 9th or 16th of July. Everyone always enjoys the meets at Wynnum & its very central & easy to find, so I would suggest we have it there again. For anyone who hasnt ever been there, there are BBQs for those that want to BBQ, take away shops directly across the road (for those that dont), one of the best playgrounds in Brisbane for the kids to play on, a bit of sandy beach also for the kids, the jetty to have a look at, the waterfront to walk along & heaps & heaps of tables & room for a large group of people to congregate. The water playground doesnt seem to be in operation (probably cos its winter!), but the pool did have water in it last weekend for those brave enough to want to try it :scared: .

So is anyone interested?
All being well we'll be landing on the 9th so set up somewhere for us to have a kip and we'll be there

16th might be better for us.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:28 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
All being well we'll be landing on the 9th so set up somewhere for us to have a kip and we'll be there

16th might be better for us.
Actually scratch that first comment. We'll be somewhere over Asia on the 9th. 16th is better for us
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:30 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Actually scratch that first comment. We'll be somewhere over Asia on the 9th. 16th is better for us
So you will be at the Gabba before the season is over
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bordy
So you will be at the Gabba before the season is over
I've had the last game v Port pencilled in for months but now I'm closer to having a date, I hope I can make the Essendon game on the 23rd July. See you there eh?
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I've had the last game v Port pencilled in for months but now I'm closer to having a date, I hope I can make the Essendon game on the 23rd July. See you there eh?
Yikes, once was enough, I didn't know we played you again this year.
BTW Dennis Pagan said yesterday that Jonathin Brown is easily the best player going around today so you have plenty to look forward to.

ps Sorry for hijacking this thread, not another word from me.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yikes, once was enough, I didn't know we played you again this year.
BTW Dennis Pagan said yesterday that Jonathin Brown is easily the best player going around today so you have plenty to look forward to.

ps Sorry for hijacking this thread, not another word from me.
I heard somebody call him the 2nd best but they didn't say who the best was
Old Jun 12th 2005, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I will be around from 2nd July so will keep an eye on what is arranged. It's so good to think I might actually get to meet you guys having been jealous of you all for so long. I'm sure Marysidey and family would be interested too.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:35 pm
Rocket Scientist

Yep Mary will be here by then & Im sure J&J who arrive today will be interested as well. If Wayne is going to come we had better aim for the 16th if that suits other people too.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 12:57 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
ABC, yes, as usual, only problem is you usualy dont let us know anyway, you just dont turn up .
My life is so full of last minute changes

So who is on the list to be there so far ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.