Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats Meet

Brisbane Expats Meet

Old Jul 11th 2005, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brisbane Expats Meet

So I just read (better late than never) that Wenz is selling Cornish Pasty's at the New Farm markets, good on you! when I moved here everyone said you would make a fortune doing that, so I am pleased someone has taken the initiative! I hope it works out, please let me know how you go, I for sure will pop down one saturday and buy a couple. is it the 1st and 3rd saturdays or 2nd and 4th.....I always forget.

Man, such great date material, down to the market and buy a couple of pasty's and go and sit in the park and eat them.......ok, great date material for a Cornishman!!!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Just so you know, I'm having a Wensley pork pie for lunch at the moment as I type...

Yum...

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 11th 2005, 6:07 am
Brisbane Brummie

sarahc is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Brisbane Expats Meet

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Just bumping this up again to remind everyone that its on!
We are new to Brisbane so will be over to meet all you expats!!!
We are in Sunnybank hills so not too far to travel
We look forward to meeting you all

Gary and Sarah
Old Jul 11th 2005, 6:20 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sarahc
We are new to Brisbane so will be over to meet all you expats!!!
We are in Sunnybank hills so not too far to travel
We look forward to meeting you all

Gary and Sarah
Hi Gary & Sarah

As you are from Birmingham you had better remember to get the address for our local "Birmingham Balti Indian Restaurant", here in the Bayside.

A question that I guess many newcomers may want to ask is:

How will they recognise everyone ? Any thoughts anyone ?

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:12 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Gary & Sarah, looking forward to seeing you on Saturday .

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Previously Ive always got people to look out for Steve Cooks England shirt (dunno what sort of sport, its white & red! ), so I guess I can ask him to wear that (I think hes coming). Other than that, people usually just look for a large group of people with UK accents , short of that does anyone have a flag or something?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:18 am
ABCDiamond

The current weather forecast for this Saturday, 16th July, is - Mostly sunny 20°C

Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:59 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry folks,

Have to pull out of the meet on Saturday as we have a couple of houses to view.

Hope you all have a fab day

Donna.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:54 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Short of buying a flag, Dagboy had a great idea last night - everyone look for the red, white & blue balloons on Saturday!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 8:23 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Sorry, we have to pull out coz we had already made arrangements (which I forgot about ), prior to agreeing to come to the BBQ.

So will have to give it a miss this time.

Hope you all have a great time and the weather is ok.

Shell
Old Jul 15th 2005, 11:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Just a reminder that its on, remember to bring a jumper everyone, its likely to be freezing!
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:15 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Just a reminder that its on, remember to bring a jumper everyone, its likely to be freezing!
And I was about to say that I can be recognised by the yellow number 67 on the left sleeve of my short sleeve shirt, but if I am wearing my jacket, then it won't be seen

Current temp in Cleveland is 15C

Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:05 pm
Rocket Scientist

Nice to see so many people yesterday, even though the wind was a bit cold :scared: . There were a couple of people that I didnt get to speak to, sorry we had to dash off & I didnt get to meet you all. Hope you all had a nice time.

We'll make the next one later in the year, hopefully then it will be a bit warmer :yes: .
Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

anna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant futureanna marie shlyshen has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Brisbane Expats Meet

Don't rub it in
Sorry could not make it yesterday as my husband was asked to go in to work hopefully we will make next one.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi

Just to say thank you to Mrs D for organising the meet. It was nice to meet some friendly faces - didnt get round to talking to everyone though (lots of people turned up) - hopefully can talk to more folk at the next one.

Thanks also to all those who gave some good advice to many of our questions.

Regards

atticus
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Atticus
Hi

Just to say thank you to Mrs D for organising the meet. It was nice to meet some friendly faces - didnt get round to talking to everyone though (lots of people turned up) - hopefully can talk to more folk at the next one.

Thanks also to all those who gave some good advice to many of our questions.

Regards

atticus
Ditto!! Thanks Mrs D for organising, it was good to meet up with you guys.

Papa Z
Old Jul 17th 2005, 10:51 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

We will be over in november if there is one lined up for then. Itd be great to meet the people who have given great advice.

al and clare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.