brisbane expats

Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

roottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really nice
Default brisbane expats

This is a thread for people who curently live in brisbane. We curently live in perth and are considering moving to Brisbane and were just wondering what peoples experiences of Brisbane are etc areas to live house prices wheather and so on

cheers lins
Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:33 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: brisbane expats

Can't compare to Perth, as have never been there, but I like it here.

Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

big_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud ofbig_matt has much to be proud of

Brisbane is the bomb. I loved it there. Best place I've lived in Oz. However, my work set me up with an amazing apartment in the cbd right over the water and I had a 10 minute walk to work. If I had to pay a mortgage in the burbs it wouldnt have been a different life and cant say how much I would have liked it.

Good points (in my opinion):
Great people: Really laid back. No pretentiousness.
Good sports: I could walk to gabba and they love their rugby league
Great pubs with big outdoor areas
Perfect weather: Most people wouldnt agree but I even loved the humidity in the summer

Bad points:
Smaller job market (in my field) than other places
Getting very expensive
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

roottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really niceroottoot1981 is just really nice

Thanks guys for a quick response, forgot to mention we have 2 young boys, 2yrs & 7 yrs. Any suggestion which subuarbs are good for families schools etc

Lins