Brisbane Expats

Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:38 am
Ev'n'John

Hi all!

We've belatedly found this thread - thanks for pointing us in the right direction Mrs D!

Count us in for the meet up in March We would prefer the 21st, as we will hopefully be completing on the purchase of our house the weekend before. The Ev'n'John household definitely vote for the island venue. (John is completing a 4WD course this weekend with our local off-roading club, and is looking for an excuse to get our car stuck in some sand!)

Looking forward to meeting uo with you all again.

Evelyn.

Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting really jealous now, cos the islands sound gorgeous. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get over there one day!
Make sure you all post some pics, won't you!!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:12 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
I'm getting really jealous now, cos the islands sound gorgeous. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get over there one day!
Make sure you all post some pics, won't you!!!
Polly, why cant you come?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:22 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we'll either be standing on a race-track, or he'll be working the day before, so he'll be tired, or it'll be too hot so he won't want to leave the air con, or it'll be "I went to wherever island once before, don't want to go again cos its just an island!" Case of an Aussie taking his lovely country for granted I think!!

(OT - Mrs D, Will be in touch next week about collecting photos and bringing your stuff back - this week is total chaos with the visa application going in on Thursday (fingers crossed) ,CAMS stuffing up the Grand Prix plans (now sorted!), and (fingers VERY crossed) my boxes allegedly arriving at 7am tomorrow.....
:scared: )
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we'll either be standing on a race-track, or he'll be working the day before, so he'll be tired, or it'll be too hot so he won't want to leave the air con, or it'll be "I went to wherever island once before, don't want to go again cos its just an island!" Case of an Aussie taking his lovely country for granted I think!!

(OT - Mrs D, Will be in touch next week about collecting photos and bringing your stuff back - this week is total chaos with the visa application going in on Thursday (fingers crossed) ,CAMS stuffing up the Grand Prix plans (now sorted!), and (fingers VERY crossed) my boxes allegedly arriving at 7am tomorrow.....
OK polly, no hurry for my stuff, just your pics to get to you. Hope your stuff gets there in 1 piece tommorrow.

Cant you come by yourself?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:25 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Tell him to bog off and go on your own!! (sorry Bloke but really Polly - married 5 minutes and letting him lay down the law
)

Good luck with the boxes!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

No transport - bit of a hitch to going on my own!!

I shall be scrutinising the boxes carefully tomorrow - ***** ******** still swear they only loaded 39, while OSS in Brisbane say they will be delivering 42....... The results will be posted here at some point tomorrow!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:35 pm
Kiwified member

I shall be scrutinising the boxes carefully tomorrow - ***** ******** still swear they only loaded 39, while OSS in Brisbane say they will be delivering 42....... The results will be posted here at some point tomorrow!

So you might get your pink chair back after all! Hurrah!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:38 pm
Home and Happy

I'm counting no chairs till I have it here in the unit, but I will be sleeping with my fingers firmly crossed tonight, Pollster! If it arrives, I'll get it photographed by The Bloke, and posted on here to celebrate, and to thank you all for living through The Great Shipping Nightmare with me!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

What? Have all the trains stopped running in Brisbane? Or have you forgotten how to get on the train & get to Manly station?

We have to get there from here, I dont see too many dramas if you want to come!

Anyway Im off to bed, Im almost falling asleep at the k/b after being up half the night last night with a sick kid. Night, good luck with the boxes
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:42 pm
Home and Happy

I must be off too, have to be awake and up by 7 to give the removal men hell!
Will make the meet if I can, as I'd really like too.

Keep watching the forum Pollster - boxes due to arrive in about 8 hours time........ (why do I not quite believe what I'm typing?)
Old Feb 17th 2004, 12:44 pm
Kiwified member

I must be off too, have to be awake and up by 7 to give the removal men hell!
Will make the meet if I can, as I'd really like too.

Keep watching the forum Pollster - boxes due to arrive in about 8 hours time........ (why do I not quite believe what I'm typing?)
I am bating my tenterhooks in preparation!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

buglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Expats

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Well, Xmas is over, holidays are finished & children are back at school, so once again its time to consider a Brisbane Expats Meet!! The last one was a rip roaring success, hopefully this one will be as good. Last time we had a BBQ lunch at Wynnum, we could try it there again, go somewhere else or even do something completely different ie a cruise, a trip somewhere for the day etc. The floor is open for suggestions. Similarly the date is open slather, my only suggestion is to make it at least a month in advance so that people have plenty of notice (not everyone logs onto expats every day or even every week ).

So lets hear everyones suggestions

Im up 4 it (no rude comments please). Let me know where and when. I arrive on 24th Feb
BG
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:13 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
Hi all!

We've belatedly found this thread - thanks for pointing us in the right direction Mrs D!

Count us in for the meet up in March We would prefer the 21st, as we will hopefully be completing on the purchase of our house the weekend before. The Ev'n'John household definitely vote for the island venue. (John is completing a 4WD course this weekend with our local off-roading club, and is looking for an excuse to get our car stuck in some sand!)

Looking forward to meeting uo with you all again.

Evelyn.
You may be dissapointed with Coochie for 4WD'ing, I dont think they allow it there

I think you would need Fraser Island for that.

Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:06 am
Rocket Scientist

ABC, is there a water taxi etc going from Cleveland to Coochie or only from VP?

You can go 4wding on Straddie, Moreton or Bribie island as well as Cooloola & Fraser. But I wouldnt think its allowed on Coochie either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.