Brisbane Expats

Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:09 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jwatsonoz
My only other suggestion (if no-one wants to try for the cruise/daytrip type idea) would be SouthBank, it just means that people have to drive into the city & everyone will have to pay for parking.
Southbank sounds good to me...loads to do...but reserving the BBQ will be hard [/QUOTE]

We were at the South Bank on Sunday and it was packed. We had huge trouble parking. Multiply this by 20+ families and you're going to have plenty of frazzled expats.

Jane
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JaneandJim

We were at the South Bank on Sunday and it was packed. We had huge trouble parking. Multiply this by 20+ families and you're going to have plenty of frazzled expats.

Jane
Jane, yeah, thats why I would prefer somewhere easy to get to & not quite so busy.

Steve, the pool is still open! Its only the section on the other side where we had the last meet thats actually fenced off & closed, the pool is still full & people were swimming on it yesterday. Further down the road is the park in the centre section is the park with the lighthouse in it, the someone Clayton park? or something? , I'll have to check the name, its got an excellent playgroud (& the lighthouse of course) & good BBQs & tables etc. As for the cruise, I guess it depends on where we go, yes, 6 might work out a bit expensive depending on what we do. The Stradbroke flyer does trips over to the islands (like Coochiemudlo) & down the coast, I would have to check costs if anyone interested. We could all meet at the ferry & go over for the day & BBQ etc over there & explore the place. I just thought it might be a bit more interesting than going to SouthBank (where, no doubt, most people have been heaps of times already as its a very "expat" sort of thing to do & its very crowded) as I doubt many people have been over to Stradbroke or any of the other Islands in the Bay.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:03 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

And more commitment on a date?

Dagboy is supposed to be having a get together for his 40th on one weekend in March, but I think his indecisivness has got the better of him & we havent set a date yet . So does the 21st or the 14th look OK for others?
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:06 am
Rocket Scientist

Heres a link that ABC put in another thread for CoochieMudlo . At least ot would be something different!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:08 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

And more commitment on a date?

Dagboy is supposed to be having a get together for his 40th on one weekend in March, but I think his indecisivness has got the better of him & we havent set a date yet . So does the 21st or the 14th look OK for others?
Either day is fine by us. Thanks for organising this.

Jane
Old Feb 13th 2004, 9:48 pm
Rocket Scientist

Come on guys, more input on dates is needed. Polly suggested the 21st, the other available date is probably the 14th, anyone have a preference?

This is info on getting to Coochie Mudlo, straight from ABC's mouth (he went over there last night)
The water bus is $2.40 each way, and that runs every 30 minutes.

We went across on the car barge, as foot passengers, $1 each way. Not much point taking a car across as there aren't many roads Didn't use the water taxi this time, so can't give a cost on that, but the water bus runs till at least 9pm, and possibly later.
Any thoughts? Anyone that doesnt want to go to Coochie or would prefer somewhere else?

(maybe I should just give up Jane, not much organising being done LOL)
Old Feb 14th 2004, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Coochie is fine by us - no problems or preferences with any dates.

Steve
Old Feb 14th 2004, 9:54 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Hi, we won't be able to make the 14th but can do 21st March. Our preference would therefore be for the 21st March but if we miss it this time we can always go to the next one! (Assuming there is one!)

Dawn
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:19 am
Rocket Scientist

Ok, sorry Dawn I thought it was 6/7th you couldnt come (or maybe its both now, you socialite ), lets try the 21st then, anyone cant make it?

(where are all the Brissy gang, havent seen half of them around on here for ages anyway )
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:22 am
Born to be ignored

(where are all the Brissy gang, havent seen half of them around on here for ages anyway )
Its too bloody hot to be sitting in front of a computer, thats why!
(She says from her air-conditioned bedroom!)

Jane

P.S. Coochiemudlo sounds good. We haven't ventured out to any of the islands yet.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:26 am
Rocket Scientist

haha, the only place in our house thats air conditioned is the office! Pity that I have my computer in the parents retreat .

Seeing who I can dig up by way of email .
Old Feb 14th 2004, 11:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still out here, and I'll try and come along if I'm not stuck on a race track somewhere! Mind you, I'll need to drag The Bloke off of the track as well, or U won't have a hope of getting to a ferry. He has that sort of "I'm an Aussie, I've lived here all my life and I've seen the islands" attitude...... I'll have to threaten to put an axe through the air con or something, then he'll come!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:43 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Its too bloody hot to be sitting in front of a computer, thats why!
(She says from her air-conditioned bedroom!)

Jane

P.S. Coochiemudlo sounds good. We haven't ventured out to any of the islands yet.
If it does end up being Coochie, and any of you drive to the ferry at Victoria Point, make sure you park the car in one of the SINGLE car parking bays. Do NOT park in the larger bays for cars and boat trailers (unless you have one attached). Single cars parked in the boat trailer parking bays tend to get FINED !

Old Feb 15th 2004, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Mrs Dagboy

We would be up for 21st March, not too fussed about where we meet although Southbank may be a bit torturous being busy and hot. Hopefully though it will be a bit cooler come mid March, god I hope so!

Thanks
Diana
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:55 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Ok, sorry Dawn I thought it was 6/7th you couldnt come (or maybe its both now, you socialite ), lets try the 21st then, anyone cant make it?

Mrs Dagboy, you didn't get it wrong - our plans have changed due to a school excursion!!! We are now going to Fraser Island on 11th March rather than 4th March.

21st March sounds good to us.

Cheers, Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.