Brisbane Expats

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ex pats Brisbane stuff

Hi Mrs Dagboy

Our thanks also to you and everyone else who arranged the day out on Coochie. We all had a great time.

PC up & running again - found out it had put itself into 'sleep mode' after being without electricity for so long in the container - lazy bugger!

Anyway - look forward to the next meet but will make sure I keep out of photo when I'm stuffing my face on steak & salad!

Dawn
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

J C Slaughter Falls would be a good spot - lots of room, veyr pleasant.

Dawn, don't forget the Girlie Night Out - looks like April 16th at present .....I'll try and find the thread to drag it to the top.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ex pats Brisbane stuff

Originally posted by Prestons
Hi Mrs Dagboy

Our thanks also to you and everyone else who arranged the day out on Coochie. We all had a great time.

PC up & running again - found out it had put itself into 'sleep mode' after being without electricity for so long in the container - lazy bugger!

Anyway - look forward to the next meet but will make sure I keep out of photo when I'm stuffing my face on steak & salad!

Dawn
Shhhhhhh Dawn, dont tell everyone, now they will know which one is you!

Glad the puter is up & running again, dont forget to drop us your phone number!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
J C Slaughter Falls would be a good spot - lots of room, veyr pleasant.

Dawn, don't forget the Girlie Night Out - looks like April 16th at present .....I'll try and find the thread to drag it to the top.
Thanks Pollyanna

Will definitely be up for that!

Dawn

PS - thanks for passing on msg to Mrs D on Saturday, much appreciated.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:46 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I will try to have a word with the local councillor and get some more BBQ's installed on the island !!
The reply from the councillor:

Thank you for your letter below. I do apologise for the delay in responding and do agree with your comment. We have such a good location it is important to improve and provide more services. I will endeavour to have extra BBQ’s and seats etc. installed.

I am also from UK. Leicester to be more precise, very nice to hear from you,.

Warm Regards
Name removed as I am not sure I should publish it
Councillor Victoria Point & Coochiemudlo Island

Old May 22nd 2004, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

The reply from the councillor:

Thank you for your letter below. I do apologise for the delay in responding and do agree with your comment. We have such a good location it is important to improve and provide more services. I will endeavour to have extra BBQ’s and seats etc. installed.

I am also from UK. Leicester to be more precise, very nice to hear from you,.

Warm Regards
Name removed as I am not sure I should publish it
Councillor Victoria Point & Coochiemudlo Island
Maybe he/she will join you ABC for the next expats picnic
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly a prospective guest of honour at the next meet!! Well done ABC!
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by debsy
Maybe he/she will join you ABC for the next expats picnic
I'm working on getting the courage up to ask him to sponsor the next one

Old May 22nd 2004, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Nice one! Better not tell him which forum we're from though, he might be a bit worried!!!!!:scared: We need to be portrayed as representing a civilised friendly place where the inhabitants aren't all crackers!:scared:
Old May 22nd 2004, 9:19 am
ABCDiamond

Nice one! Better not tell him which forum we're from though, he might be a bit worried!!!!!:scared: We need to be portrayed as representing a civilised friendly place where the inhabitants aren't all crackers!:scared:
I know JUST the place

Old May 22nd 2004, 9:19 am
ABCDiamond

I know JUST the place

Old May 22nd 2004, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Thought you might
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

I'm working on getting the courage up to ask him to sponsor the next one

I wouldn't bother - I have met this councillor at a social function just before the recent elections. Very smarmy indeed - and once he realised we didn't have a vote he got that glazed over look.....

Anyway - it's not without reason that someone scrawled an expletive over his poster at vicky point shopping centre (and NO - it wasn't me!!!)

Dawn