Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expat Social Club

Brisbane Expat Social Club

Old Nov 11th 2012, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Ceej18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Expat Social Club

Hi,

I am an expat and want to start a brisbane social network, idea being that fellow expats of all ages can get together on a Thursday night for a beer or two. I would later like to introduce sporting and social events dependant of people's preferred sports etc.

Please let me know if you are interested. I will start a Facebook group at some point but only if there is enough interest.

Please respnd with your interest so we can get the first meet up sorted! Cheers
Old Nov 18th 2012, 9:07 am
Just Joined

NeilA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Expat Social Club

I would be interested, I usually work nights but often have a Thursday off so that sounds good. It's a great idea so I hope it gets interest
Old Dec 6th 2012, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Dee01 is on a distinguished road

I would like to join, let me know your Facebook page. Only prob is hubby works afternoon shift here. Where in brisbane are you and where are you planning meet ups?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

claire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really niceclaire_evie is just really nice

ill be here in July and would love to join
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 9:12 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceej18
Hi,

I am an expat and want to start a brisbane social network, idea being that fellow expats of all ages can get together on a Thursday night for a beer or two. I would later like to introduce sporting and social events dependant of people's preferred sports etc.

Please let me know if you are interested. I will start a Facebook group at some point but only if there is enough interest.

As a suggestion for the future, there is a website called "Meetup.com". You might like to look at starting a group on there as you might find more expats, other than the ones on BE, that might like to come along. Not sure if it costs anything to start, but it might be a good platform to meet other people.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

katjo84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im going over in May and would be happy to join
Old Mar 12th 2013, 5:23 am
Just Joined

vedder10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be happy to join - do u have a facebook site set up already?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

walkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant futurewalkerroo has a brilliant future

Hey guys, did you ever get a Brisbane social event going in the end?

Cheers
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Would be happy to join
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 3:30 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

I'd be happy to join.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:19 am
Just Joined

6yearsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ceej18
Hi,

Just joined and after my wife and I living here 6 years we have yet to make friends, Aussies are in our experience, very friendly but not friends, they tend to be on the surface of things and we miss the connection to like minded people and a social life. we live in about an hour and half outside brissy so Fridays or Sat would be better for us. anyone keen to hook up. ??? just for a few beers and laugh. nothing heavy
Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6yearsin
Just joined and after my wife and I living here 6 years we have yet to make friends, Aussies are in our experience, very friendly but not friends, they tend to be on the surface of things and we miss the connection to like minded people and a social life. we live in about an hour and half outside brissy so Fridays or Sat would be better for us. anyone keen to hook up. ??? just for a few beers and laugh. nothing heavy
We're always in the city having a beer or 2 after Broncos games (season tix holders ) in Caxton street Which part of Brissy you from ?