British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane Expat Social Club (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-expat-social-club-777270/)

Ceej18 Nov 11th 2012 10:01 am

Brisbane Expat Social Club

Hi,

I am an expat and want to start a brisbane social network, idea being that fellow expats of all ages can get together on a Thursday night for a beer or two. I would later like to introduce sporting and social events dependant of people's preferred sports etc.

Please let me know if you are interested. I will start a Facebook group at some point but only if there is enough interest.

Please respnd with your interest so we can get the first meet up sorted! Cheers

NeilA Nov 18th 2012 9:07 am

Re: Brisbane Expat Social Club

I would be interested, I usually work nights but often have a Thursday off so that sounds good. It's a great idea so I hope it gets interest :)

Dee01 Dec 6th 2012 11:01 am

I would like to join, let me know your Facebook page. Only prob is hubby works afternoon shift here. Where in brisbane are you and where are you planning meet ups?

claire_evie Dec 19th 2012 12:43 pm

ill be here in July and would love to join :)

The Bloke Jan 2nd 2013 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Ceej18 (Post 10376770)
Hi,

I am an expat and want to start a brisbane social network, idea being that fellow expats of all ages can get together on a Thursday night for a beer or two. I would later like to introduce sporting and social events dependant of people's preferred sports etc.

Please let me know if you are interested. I will start a Facebook group at some point but only if there is enough interest.

As a suggestion for the future, there is a website called "Meetup.com". You might like to look at starting a group on there as you might find more expats, other than the ones on BE, that might like to come along. Not sure if it costs anything to start, but it might be a good platform to meet other people.

katjo84 Jan 12th 2013 6:31 pm

Im going over in May and would be happy to join

vedder10 Mar 12th 2013 5:23 am

I would be happy to join - do u have a facebook site set up already?

walkerroo Jul 9th 2013 7:44 am

Hey guys, did you ever get a Brisbane social event going in the end?

Cheers

Demented Ferret Oct 3rd 2013 1:23 am

Would be happy to join

Antney Oct 3rd 2013 3:30 am

I'd be happy to join.

6yearsin Mar 19th 2014 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Ceej18 (Post 10376770)
Hi,

Just joined and after my wife and I living here 6 years we have yet to make friends, Aussies are in our experience, very friendly but not friends, they tend to be on the surface of things and we miss the connection to like minded people and a social life. we live in about an hour and half outside brissy so Fridays or Sat would be better for us. anyone keen to hook up. ??? just for a few beers and laugh. nothing heavy

bobbyftm Mar 19th 2014 10:25 am

Originally Posted by 6yearsin (Post 11179573)
Just joined and after my wife and I living here 6 years we have yet to make friends, Aussies are in our experience, very friendly but not friends, they tend to be on the surface of things and we miss the connection to like minded people and a social life. we live in about an hour and half outside brissy so Fridays or Sat would be better for us. anyone keen to hook up. ??? just for a few beers and laugh. nothing heavy

We're always in the city having a beer or 2 after Broncos games (season tix holders ) in Caxton street ;) Which part of Brissy you from ?