British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   brisbane employment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-employment-111316/)

donna Sep 12th 2002 6:57 pm

brisbane employment

HI all
Hubby is getting a bit jittery about job prospects in the brisbane area ,(me im a bit more laid back)Has anyone got any first hand knowl of this?both of us are prepared to do practically anything,but im currently a social worker and hes trained as a maintanance engineer.Any feedback would be good
donna

thewilk Sep 12th 2002 7:28 pm

Re: brisbane employment

Originally posted by donna:
HI all
Hubby is getting a bit jittery about job prospects in the brisbane area ,(me im a bit more laid back)Has anyone got any first hand knowl of this?both of us are prepared to do practically anything,but im currently a social worker and hes trained as a maintanance engineer.Any feedback would be good
donna

HI
Get yourself onto www.jobsearch.gov.au/select_occupation.asp
look under metal and engineering trades, 58 associated jobs around brisie for fitters! I wouldn't worry if your prepared to do anything, I'd sweep shithouse floors all day so long as i was getting paid. Going to brisie too in about 3weeks.
good luck

Robert Edwards Sep 13th 2002 12:58 am

You will be happy to know that the downward pressure on unemployment continues in
Australia and record jobs growth continuing as announced in the media yesterday.

"thewilk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

pommie bastard Sep 13th 2002 1:43 am

Originally posted by Robert Edwards:
You will be happy to know that the downward pressure on unemployment continues in
Australia and record jobs growth continuing as announced in the media yesterday.

"thewilk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Yes right more good news , after picking though the bull .If this amounts to a boom god help us when the slow down in World Economy hits .
Australia may be a under populated Island , but its still on this planet just .

The unemployment rate remained steady at 6.2 per cent despite an estimated increase of 13,400 jobless, reflecting overall growth in the employment market, the Australian Bureau of Statistics said.

Market analysts said the survey was volatile and the months ahead would be more difficult as lower exports and drought took their toll.

However, job creation is still slower than the growth in the adult working age population, which is up 1.3 million. But an increase in the number of people opting to take retirement or going into full-time employment kept unemployment numbers steady.

:D :beer:

pommie bastard Sep 13th 2002 2:06 am

Originally posted by donna:
HI all
donna
I am sure he will find work do you mean Maintance Engineer or Maintance Fitter , will be a lot easy to find work as fitter.
You could find it harder may involve retraining but theres bound to be something here for you .good luck.
:D