Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 3rd February.

Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 3rd February.

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too.

Barring storms, floods, cyclones, silly shifts, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there, and we'd love anyone new to come and join us

This'll be the last Tuesday I can make it till mid-March - I shall spend the next few weeks making you jealous by drinking real beer and cider by log fires in cosy country pubs
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Drinking Meet Tuesday 3rd February.

Think we need to change the date to the 6th for your leaving do
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAP01
Think we need to change the date to the 6th for your leaving do
I've had a couple of people say they'd like to meet up on the Tuesday night, so I don't know about anyone else but I'm going out that night too!! I've got two weeks flat out at work now so I shall need a break by that Tuesday!!

Thought you were going to start a thread for the 6th...........
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've had a couple of people say they'd like to meet up on the Tuesday night, so I don't know about anyone else but I'm going out that night too!! I've got two weeks flat out at work now so I shall need a break by that Tuesday!!

Thought you were going to start a thread for the 6th...........
sorted
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

happyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to allhappyscot is a name known to all

I'm fairly new to the site and have never been to a meet. I live on the Gold Coast and never manage any meets because my work is so unsociable, but I would really like to come. I could get the train there and back and am off so I think it could work out.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by happyscot
I'm fairly new to the site and have never been to a meet. I live on the Gold Coast and never manage any meets because my work is so unsociable, but I would really like to come. I could get the train there and back and am off so I think it could work out.
That'd be great - have a look and see what you can do. Linda gets the train back to the Bayside every time, and it seems to work out OK for her. Gilhooleys is about 10-15 minutes walk from Central Station.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:15 pm
Home and Happy

That'd be great - have a look and see what you can do. Linda gets the train back to the Bayside every time, and it seems to work out OK for her. Gilhooleys is about 10-15 minutes walk from Central Station.
Quick bump for anyone who fancies a night out next week.......
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice

Quick bump for anyone who fancies a night out next week.......
i could come but it would take me around 24 hours and £800ISH to get there
IF ONLY !!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:51 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by timmins family
i could come but it would take me around 24 hours and £800ISH to get there
IF ONLY !!!!!
Awwww, never mind - we'll have another one when you get here
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:17 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww, never mind - we'll have another one when you get here
And by that time their bar tab will be about $800ish
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:48 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
And by that time their bar tab will be about $800ish
You've been very quiet lately, you turning up on Tuesday?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You've been very quiet lately, you turning up on Tuesday?
Mmmm what tuesday ?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:42 pm
Home and Happy

Mmmm what tuesday ?
This one coming of course you nit - the one the thread is about!! Last one I can do till 19th March at least........
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:42 pm
FREE TIBET

This one coming of course you nit - the one the thread is about!! Last one I can do till 19th March at least........
So when is your leaving bash,i thought that was next sat
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

So when is your leaving bash,i thought that was next sat
Friday actually, Sat I'll be in Singapore! there's a different thread for that! Having been on nights all week I'm out drinking next Tuesday too, and a couple of people said they'd like to come along, so we'll be there. Won't your lady wife let you out twice in a week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.