Brisbane conveyancing firm -appalling service

Brisbane conveyancing firm -appalling service

Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:49 am
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane conveyancing firm -appalling service

Hi all,

We are in the process of buying land and appointed a certain firm to do the conveyancing. We received a letter on weds (8th) - evening due to late post here so could only deal with it on 9th March, stating property registered on 7th March and we need to settle by 20th! Told our bank who the conveyancers had not informed - bank not v impressed as conyeyancers have not got in touch with them at all.

Conveyancers informed myself that they 'dont deal with banks' and it is our role to inform the banks and ensure settlement takes place!!! - what do we pay them for???

Also,they were really rude 'what's the problem now' being a greeting statement and although they have spelt our address wrong on their literature they refuse to send out correct copies!!

Do not touch them with a bargepole!!! Any confirmation re: how much they are MEANT to liaise with banks appreciated.

Big complaint letter will be sent!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:32 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane conveyancing firm -appalling service

Originally Posted by HEL
Conveyancers informed myself that they 'dont deal with banks' and it is our role to inform the banks and ensure settlement takes place!!! - what do we pay them for???
I've bought two houses here in QLD, sold one, and helped a young relative in his first house buying process, and I am sure our conveyancer liased fully with the banks. Especially the last one, a sale, as it only finalised the other week, and I fully remember doing nothing

We have only used the one local conveyancer, so I can't speak for all of them.

With the mortgage on our investment property, we arranged the mortgage, but let the conveyancer arrange with the bank when they needed the funds.

However, with our personal residence, we arranged the transfer of funds to the conveyancer ourselves, as there was no mortgage.

Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

When we purchased our Melbourne property we re-mortgaged our UK property. Our Melbourne solicitor charged less for all the conveyancing of the property than our UK solicitor charged for releasing the titles to the bank which is located next door. He literally had to take the titles out of the safe and send them to the bank (admittedly to HO in Edinburgh and not the branch next door). I've bought a number of properties and blocks of land and not had any problem with solicitors in either country (apart from said over-charging).

OzTennis
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 4:59 am
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by HEL
Hi all,

We are in the process of buying land and appointed a certain firm to do the conveyancing. We received a letter on weds (8th) - evening due to late post here so could only deal with it on 9th March, stating property registered on 7th March and we need to settle by 20th! Told our bank who the conveyancers had not informed - bank not v impressed as conyeyancers have not got in touch with them at all.

Also,they were really rude 'what's the problem now' being a greeting statement and although they have spelt our address wrong on their literature they refuse to send out correct copies!!

Do not touch them with a bargepole!!! Any confirmation re: how much they are MEANT to liaise with banks appreciated.

Big complaint letter will be sent!
Hi Hel

We're looking to buy a property and so I'm currently weighing up the options before appointing a solicitor.

Does anyone out there have a Brisbane based solicitor that they can recommend. It would be good if you could also tell me who to stay clear of! PM me if you'd rather not post your negative experiences.

Cheers

GLR
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 10:35 am
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Ownit conveyancing were terrible in our experience. I wouldnt know who are good but someone should be able to help!

Cheers

Hels
[

QUOTE=GLR]Hi Hel

We're looking to buy a property and so I'm currently weighing up the options before appointing a solicitor.

Does anyone out there have a Brisbane based solicitor that they can recommend. It would be good if you could also tell me who to stay clear of! PM me if you'd rather not post your negative experiences.

Cheers

GLR[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Neil & Shell will become famous soon enough

Hi Hels

I have sent you a PM as I am possibly in the same situation as you.

Thanks

Shell
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We have just used a solicitor who charged $800 + GST + disbursements: the total was $1103. Two other solicitor's quotes were around $3500 to $4500!