British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane CBD - Drinks, Tuesday January 6th (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-cbd-drinks-tuesday-january-6th-579965/)

Pollyana Dec 23rd 2008 1:52 pm

Brisbane CBD - Drinks, Tuesday January 6th

OK, lets start the New Year with a drink or two, I shall need it after a largely dry Christmas.........so we will all meet again on Tuesday 6th January. Apparently there are some birthdays around that time, so come ready to celebrate ;)

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider (usually) amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too

Barring storms, cyclones, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there. :) :beer:

bobbyftm Dec 26th 2008 4:00 am

Re: Brisbane CBD - Drinks, Tuesday January 6th

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7094290)
OK, lets start the New Year with a drink or two, I shall need it after a largely dry Christmas.........so we will all meet again on Tuesday 6th January. Apparently there are some birthdays around that time, so come ready to celebrate ;)

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider (usually) amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place.

Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too

Barring storms, cyclones, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there. :) :beer:

Pull me a seat up please :thumbsup: and i suppose you'd better get one for her indoors as well ;)

Hey Polly where's this tornado thingy at ?? I'm sweating me tits off up here:sneaky:

Pollyana Dec 26th 2008 6:30 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7099308)
Pull me a seat up please :thumbsup: and i suppose you'd better get one for her indoors as well ;)

Hey Polly where's this tornado thingy at ?? I'm sweating me tits off up here:sneaky:

Saturday :eek:

Should cross Cape York on Saturday morning, its not expected to become a cyclone, just to stay as a Low, and will pull in a fair bit if rain behind it, though the winds shouldn't get too strong. You'll get the edge of it in Cairns I reckon, so be prepared for a fair amount of rain over the weekend. If it looks like going cyclonic after all I'll let you know!

Pollyana Dec 26th 2008 8:39 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7099388)
Saturday :eek:

Should cross Cape York on Saturday morning, its not expected to become a cyclone, just to stay as a Low, and will pull in a fair bit if rain behind it, though the winds shouldn't get too strong. You'll get the edge of it in Cairns I reckon, so be prepared for a fair amount of rain over the weekend. If it looks like going cyclonic after all I'll let you know!

this is what it looks like at the moment.....

bobbyftm Dec 29th 2008 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7099450)
this is what it looks like at the moment.....

Yeah Polly you was right ! A fair bit of rain indeed .So much in fact our bloody scenic flight was cancelled :(

PAP01 Dec 29th 2008 6:14 am

may have to pop down if i get out of work early;)

bobbyftm Dec 29th 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 7105861)
may have to pop down if i get out of work early;)

I should bloody well think so mate ,apparently it's in your honour :sneaky:

Bernieboy Dec 30th 2008 2:16 am

See you all there:thumbup:

Pollyana Dec 30th 2008 2:21 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7105939)

Certainly is, he's our excuse for being allowed out next Tuesday!

Bernieboy Dec 30th 2008 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7109413)

That's a pretty poor excuse:p

PAP01 Dec 30th 2008 4:33 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7105939)

Not me mate;)try Polly the week after:D

bobbyftm Dec 30th 2008 5:22 am

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 7109626)
Not me mate;)try Polly the week after:D

Better get a double dose of funds then ;):eek:

PAP01 Dec 30th 2008 5:50 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7109680)
Better get a double dose of funds then ;):eek:

good hols mate? hope you have your kilt :rofl::rofl:

Bobbie Dec 30th 2008 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7109413)

Hi folks. Is there anyone meeting up tonight?? Myself and sis (TezandDaz) were hoping there might be a meeting we could gate crash!! We have wanted to come to the Tuesday meet for the last 5 months, since we got here but haven't made it. Now we can make it we are not sure anything is happening!! Cheers,
Bobbie X

PAP01 Dec 30th 2008 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Bobbie (Post 7109731)
Hi folks. Is there anyone meeting up tonight?? Myself and sis (TezandDaz) were hoping there might be a meeting we could gate crash!! We have wanted to come to the Tuesday meet for the last 5 months, since we got here but haven't made it. Now we can make it we are not sure anything is happening!! Cheers,
Bobbie X

not sure the is tonight sorry,unless bobbyftm in town;)