Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane CBD Drinks - Tues December 9th, all welcome

Brisbane CBD Drinks - Tues December 9th, all welcome

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 9:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane CBD Drinks - Tues December 9th, all welcome

OK, next drinks night is down for next Tuesday, 9th December, everyone welcome - we aren't really a bunch of total drunks, and can even be quite sensible at times so don't be scared

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and (usually) Bulmers cider, amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place. If the Bulmers isn't back on by next week I shall be having words with someone :curse:
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too

Baring storms, cyclones, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

dobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to all
Default Re: Brisbane CBD Drinks - Tues December 9th, all welcome

hey polly, sort the weather out will ya i'm fed up with pulling bits of gum tree out of my beautiful flowing hair

i assume we are now officially in "summer" so i can finally put the cardigans away and start wearing shorts.

will try our best to attend this week, yep i may even bring the long suffering mrs dobaman too.

D

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OK, next drinks night is down for next Tuesday, 9th December, everyone welcome - we aren't really a bunch of total drunks, and can even be quite sensible at times so don't be scared

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and (usually) Bulmers cider, amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place. If the Bulmers isn't back on by next week I shall be having words with someone :curse:
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

Its about 10 minutes from Central Station, and there's a taxi rank outside.

Everyone is welcome, we really are quite a tame and friendly bunch, and Aussies are welcome too

Baring storms, cyclones, husbands that need their dinner, and wives that need the kids looked after we'll be there.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:36 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dobaman
hey polly, sort the weather out will ya i'm fed up with pulling bits of gum tree out of my beautiful flowing hair

i assume we are now officially in "summer" so i can finally put the cardigans away and start wearing shorts.

will try our best to attend this week, yep i may even bring the long suffering mrs dobaman too.

D
You're still here then? We were beginning to think either you'd gone home or the Missus had buried you under the patio
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

dobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to alldobaman is a name known to all

i'm still around. the missus has put the restraining leash on though

ive been tempted to bury her under the patio mind you know of any big groundwork companies in bris?

You're still here then? We were beginning to think either you'd gone home or the Missus had buried you under the patio
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

i'm still around. the missus has put the restraining leash on though

ive been tempted to bury her under the patio mind you know of any big groundwork companies in bris?
Cor, between you and Bernie, its a toss up who has the bigger thumb print on their forehead
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

well at least my wife is a real wife, bernie's missus is like a folklore legend, very scary but no official sightings.

polly you wait till you meet mrs dobaman, then you'll understand.

Cor, between you and Bernie, its a toss up who has the bigger thumb print on their forehead
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

well at least my wife is a real wife, bernie's missus is like a folklore legend, very scary but no official sightings.

Oh shit dude my wife just saw your message,be afraid be very afraid
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

The outlaws are gracing Perth now (no doubt it's raining) so er who must be obeyed will be there for a full session !
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:45 pm
Home and Happy

Should I be scared? Bring her along, be good to meet her!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oh shit dude my wife just saw your message,be afraid be very afraid
Better bring her along too - can we watch her sorting out Dobaman?

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
The outlaws are gracing Perth now (no doubt it's raining) so er who must be obeyed will be there for a full session !
Getting your own dinner tonight then
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Should I be scared? Bring her along, be good to meet her!

Better bring her along too - can we watch her sorting out Dobaman?

Getting your own dinner tonight then
Yep :curse: But then on the other hand it could be "toad in the hole " if she's not toooooo drunk
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:18 am
Home and Happy

Yep :curse: But then on the other hand it could be "toad in the hole " if she's not toooooo drunk
Same time same place next week Hopefully the army won't gatecrash this time
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:37 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Same time same place next week Hopefully the army won't gatecrash this time
What army
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:48 pm
Home and Happy

What army
The Australian one..........
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What army
Apparently some army reunion going on i think .Very noisy bunch they were too i'm told.Don't worry they weren't looking for AWOLS
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:56 pm
Home and Happy

Apparently some army reunion going on i think .Very noisy bunch they were too i'm told.Don't worry they weren't looking for AWOLS

I've I'd been single I would've been like a kid in a sweetshop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.