Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane / Caboolture Colleges

Brisbane / Caboolture Colleges

Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:43 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Question Brisbane / Caboolture Colleges

Hi

If everything goes according to plan we hope to be in Oz at the beginning of next year. My daughter is 16 and wants to go to college to study beauty therapy/film make-up. Does anyone know any links for colleges in the Brisbane/Caboolture area in order that I can research this?

I'm afraid I'm a little dumb when it comes to schooling/colleges in Oz, but do students between the age of 16-18 pay for their courses if it is a state college?

Hope you can help.

Ali X
Old Apr 18th 2006, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane / Caboolture Colleges

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hi

If everything goes according to plan we hope to be in Oz at the beginning of next year. My daughter is 16 and wants to go to college to study beauty therapy/film make-up. Does anyone know any links for colleges in the Brisbane/Caboolture area in order that I can research this?

I'm afraid I'm a little dumb when it comes to schooling/colleges in Oz, but do students between the age of 16-18 pay for their courses if it is a state college?

Hope you can help.

Ali X
Hi Ali,

I'm not at all sure that these will be of any use to you but if you do a search loads come up. The only thing is that your daughter is still school age here if she is 16 and may not be eligible for college until she is older. Hopefully someone else can tell you this for sure. I know for adults that as a resident (rather than a citizen) you have to pay more for courses than citizens do but for someone her age I don't know. Perhaps the thing to do would be to pick out a couple of institutions from your search and email them for advise. Good luck,
http://www.acnm.edu.au/cnb.html
http://www.atozpages.com.au/contents...%20SCHOOLS.htm
http://www.afc.gov.au/faqs/careers/t...ses/faq_3.aspx
http://bn.tafe.qld.gov.au/about_us/c...aboolture.html

Lou

Sorry, I'm so computer illiterate I can't seem to make them active links, maybe you should just do a search! Sorry!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane / Caboolture Colleges

www.southbank.tafe.net

i'm here at the minute pretending to do work.

They're spending an obscene amount of money building a whole new campus called EPIcentre, with should be open from jan next year (looks like it's well over 1/2 way there already!)

may be a bit far but worth checking out all the same!