Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Broncos

Brisbane Broncos

Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:12 am
PommieLeague

Default Re: Brisbane Broncos

[QUOTE=Sir Les Patterson]the suncorp stadium is fantastic went to a few of the rugby world cup (sic) games in there /QUOTE]

Why give mention to the other code that delights in destroying rugby league?
On the night the new rugby season starts in the UK, the RFU are at it again distracting the deserved publicity to its new spin in the possible signing of Andy Farrell from Wigan Warriors to the dark side!

There can never be harmony between to two codes as long as union has its ulterior motives!

23 million watched the rugby (union) world cup?? My @rse! 2 million more like worldwide according to the true figures.

Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:28 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Lathlain]
Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
the suncorp stadium is fantastic went to a few of the rugby world cup (sic) games in there /QUOTE]

Why give mention to the other code that delights in destroying rugby league?

Don't be so paranoid. Anyone coming over here should enjoy all codes, including AFL.

I doubt if anyones going out to destroy league.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:08 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
Now be gracious in defeat as well as victory - I'm used to losing with London
Don't get me wrong, Leeds played well, and as world club champions so they should, but at least 3 forward passes (1 leading to a converted try, puts a different perspective on a 12 - 16 score line) and Richard Horne taken out (off the ball) right in front of the ref by Willie Poching and then needing treatment. As if we haven't got enough injury problems already!!!!

Maby the rain got in Kirkpatricks eyes .

Thanks for the replies re: clubs around Coffs, I'll give them a look when I get over there. Now need to convert Dad from cricket and Aussie Rules to real sports

PS nothing wrong with London, I think they're a good side (better than when they known as Fulham when they first started out)!

Last edited by TheRossers; Feb 12th 2005 at 9:10 am.
Old Feb 12th 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Gutted with the Hull score last night. We could have snatched it at the end if Saxton hadn't meesed up the play the ball. Doh!
Oh well, my second team, London, in action tomorrow so expecting better things from them, even thoguh I can't go cos I'm working.
I'm definitely hoping to take in some NRL games when I arrive in Aus for a bit of travelling in June. Might try for a Brisbane game and one of the Syndey area teams.
Will be great to compare the difference in atmosphere, game day experience and standard of play from Super League
Old Feb 12th 2005, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

chud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Gutted with the Hull score last night. We could have snatched it at the end if Saxton hadn't meesed up the play the ball. Doh!
Oh well, my second team, London, in action tomorrow so expecting better things from them, even thoguh I can't go cos I'm working.
I'm definitely hoping to take in some NRL games when I arrive in Aus for a bit of travelling in June. Might try for a Brisbane game and one of the Syndey area teams.
Will be great to compare the difference in atmosphere, game day experience and standard of play from Super League
Time to let the only 'original' Hull team have a say on this site. Come on ROVERS!!!!!

Anyway, Im heading towards Melbourne in a few months and was wondering if anybody had any contact with any of the local junior teams in the area. (plus a few free tickets to the storm wouldn't go a miss)!!!
I'm a qualified coach and would like to get involved over there.

Cheers
Rich

'When the Red red Robin..........'
Old Feb 12th 2005, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be looking to see a few Lions games this coming season. Few of us plan a to take in a game or two at the Gabba, but may look to get to Suncorp as well.

Muzzman
Old Feb 12th 2005, 10:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Trying hard to find a sport to keep me entertained now there is no Forest to watch of a weekend!!!

TT
Better avoid league then as you'll be bored to tears. Watch Union instead for real entertainment. Super 12 starts soon, Queensland has a team in it, although they are crap.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 12:04 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Don't get me wrong, Leeds played well, and as world club champions so they should, but at least 3 forward passes (1 leading to a converted try, puts a different perspective on a 12 - 16 score line) and Richard Horne taken out (off the ball) right in front of the ref by Willie Poching and then needing treatment. As if we haven't got enough injury problems already!!!!

Thanks for the replies re: clubs around Coffs, I'll give them a look when I get over there. Now need to convert Dad from cricket and Aussie Rules to real sports

PS nothing wrong with London, I think they're a good side (better than when they known as Fulham when they first started out)!

Didnt see the game but was kept updated via text whilst at work.
Sounds like Hull were ` robbed `. Oh well, The points for Leeds then.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Now u know how london feels as we always seem to get the rought deal with decisions and TV replays against the bigger clubs lol

London are a good side but not consistant enough - it was so disappointing last season we were lucky not to be relagated which would probably have ended the club - We seem 2 either sign second rate or over the hill Aussies never any big british names!!!!! - good luck to Hull think they'll make the playoffs again
Old Feb 13th 2005, 3:03 am
Here at last

TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by chud
Time to let the only 'original' Hull team have a say on this site. Come on ROVERS!!!!!'
Wow, I didn't realise any still existed! - won't mention the pre season game.

Originally Posted by chud
'When the Red red Robin..........'
"Shoot the B*#$ard, shoot the B*#$ard" you know the rest of the words!!!!!!!!!

Would be good if you guys could make it into Super League soon, get back some of that old rivalry of the late 70's

Last edited by TheRossers; Feb 13th 2005 at 3:05 am.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 3:19 am
Here at last

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
- good luck to Hull think they'll make the playoffs again
That all depends if we have a full squad at the end of the season we're already down key players! Surley we can't go another season carrying loads of sickies.

Good luck to Shaun McRae and the South's.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 6:14 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Better avoid league then as you'll be bored to tears. Watch Union instead for real entertainment. Super 12 starts soon, Queensland has a team in it, although they are crap.
Keep taking that prescription Amazulu, wont be long now when ones eyes will truly be opened.

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Wow, I didn't realise any still existed! - won't mention the pre season game.

"Shoot the B*#$ard, shoot the B*#$ard" you know the rest of the words!!!!!!!!!
You beat me to it!
Anyone see Leigh v Hudds last night? Jeez, what a shocker of a game!
Still bet it's not as bad as the 'entertainment' that will be on show as Twickers today
Old Feb 14th 2005, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

LOL London to win super league yes I am joking
Old Feb 14th 2005, 4:23 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

why not go and see the queensland roar, the new a-league football team. their home stadium is lang park (suncorp stadium). season starts later this year i believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.