Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To Brisbane Bound parents of Teen Lads!

To Brisbane Bound parents of Teen Lads!

Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:54 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice
Cool To Brisbane Bound parents of Teen Lads!

My 13 year old is really looking forward to emigrating to the Brisbane area with us however:

a) he's not going to know anyone (always harder on teens I feel)
b) he doesn't know what sort of skate parks there are ... yep I'm lost on that one!!
c) what kind of music you're all into?
d) what are the schools like - particularly round Sunshine Coast area?
e) what soccer teams are about?
f) urrmm think that was it!!
g) any other info most gratefully received thanks!!

If any teen boys (or their wonderful parents) can help on any of the above, much karma and much gratitude would be given!!! many thanks!
Cheers Sharon
& Mike of course!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:01 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Brisbane Bound parents of Teen Lads!

Originally Posted by andyedwards
My 13 year old is really looking forward to emigrating to the Brisbane area with us however:

b) he doesn't know what sort of skate parks there are ... yep I'm lost on that one!!

If any teen boys (or their wonderful parents) can help on any of the above, much karma and much gratitude would be given!!! many thanks!
Cheers Sharon
& Mike of course!
I have a 12 14 and 15 yr old, 1 boy at each end

Answer is SCHOOOLLLLLL

Get him in school, and he will soon find out everything and some.

My kids are into Stompass RapCrap !!!
There are plenty of skate parks around. Qld is the Sunshine and recreation state. The great Living Outdoors model, so be prepared !!

Moreso, get used to TRAVELLING !!! To do anything in Oz, you need to travel, and you soon clock up the K's.
Recently MIL came and I took everyone to Noosa, only 2 hr drive lol.. and all she kept sayin was ARE WE THERE YET.... my 12 yr old said NAN its only 5 mins down the rd.

Always give your son a tennis ball to goto school with. Kids play before school, and he will soon make great friends.

Get used to spotty teenagers foning you from 7am onwards and asking, May I please speak with "insert name"

Good Luck
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:02 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

Cheers Sharon
& Mike of course!
Sorry should have possibly titled this to all Brisbane parents cos then you'd know the answers !!!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:04 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry should have possibly titled this to all Brisbane parents cos then you'd know the answers !!!!
You could always do what we did

Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:07 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I have a 12 14 and 15 yr old, 1 boy at each end

Answer is SCHOOOLLLLLL

Get him in school, and he will soon find out everything and some.

My kids are into Stompass RapCrap !!!
There are plenty of skate parks around. Qld is the Sunshine and recreation state. The great Living Outdoors model, so be prepared !!

Moreso, get used to TRAVELLING !!! To do anything in Oz, you need to travel, and you soon clock up the K's.
Recently MIL came and I took everyone to Noosa, only 2 hr drive lol.. and all she kept sayin was ARE WE THERE YET.... my 12 yr old said NAN its only 5 mins down the rd.

Always give your son a tennis ball to goto school with. Kids play before school, and he will soon make great friends.

Get used to spotty teenagers foning you from 7am onwards and asking, May I please speak with "insert name"

Good Luck

Many thanks, we're already used to being a taxi service but reckon we need to get a car with turbo boost!! We'll bring the clearasil with us!! Hey at least the kids phoning are polite - although I may not be at that time !!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:12 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

You could always do what we did

Yikes Mike's jaw has just fallen to the floor , we'd need a second mortgage! :scared:

At least we've just got two of them to entertain!!

Karma sent for your help!

Cheers

Sharon
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:14 pm
Banned

Yikes Mike's jaw has just fallen to the floor , we'd need a second mortgage! :scared:

At least we've just got two of them to entertain!!

Karma sent for your help!

Cheers

Sharon

Mate imports them from China

about 1400 bucks each
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Sharon
& Mike of course!
Ours is nearly 12, around that age they all get split up going to high schools many friendship groups get busted up because many schools have zones and the high school ones are different from the primary ones, result lots of new kids will be looking for mates at that age, he should be fine. Now 19 year old did some high school here and found it very sociable, cars, partys, discos, all night movies, part time jobs, and loads of sport, I think he fitted some work in too and is now training to be a electrican.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:20 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

Mate imports them from China

about 1400 bucks each

Where do the kids (or you) ride them? Are they able to ride them on open land? Have got Mike with questions sat next to me - nearly bedtime I reckon!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info, will keep it in mind Timber Floor Au
Cheers Sharon
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:21 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

cant answer any questions coz we are in a similar position (boy 15,girl 14+boy 12)
just want to wish you all all the luck and karma in the world !!!
jan & gaz xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:24 pm
Banned

Where do the kids (or you) ride them? Are they able to ride them on open land? Have got Mike with questions sat next to me - nearly bedtime I reckon!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info, will keep it in mind Timber Floor Au
Cheers Sharon

Well said JAD n Rich !!!!!

We are on Acreage

You can use them on Beach also. Our kids drive them round bottom Paddock

Rule here is anything with WHEELS you must wear a saftey helmet :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:27 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Ours is nearly 12, around that age they all get split up going to high schools many friendship groups get busted up because many schools have zones and the high school ones are different from the primary ones, result lots of new kids will be looking for mates at that age, he should be fine. Now 19 year old did some high school here and found it very sociable, cars, partys, discos, all night movies, part time jobs, and loads of sport, I think he fitted some work in too and is now training to be a electrican.
Thanks for that. Mike is worried that he'll be the only newbie and having moved countries all his life (dad in army), he's understandably fed up of making friends all over. So knowing others are in the same situ is a great help! Sounds fun being 19, wish I was again!!
Cheers Sharon
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:32 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

Originally Posted by robos
cant answer any questions coz we are in a similar position (boy 15,girl 14+boy 12)
just want to wish you all all the luck and karma in the world !!!
jan & gaz xx
Many thanks jan & gaz - hope everything you wish for comes true. Mike's a "mature" 13 year old, (14 in March), so if your 15 yr old wants to pm him please get him to!
All the best & karma sent!!
Sharon
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:35 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks jan & gaz - hope everything you wish for comes true. Mike's a "mature" 13 year old, (14 in March), so if your 15 yr old wants to pm him please get him to!
All the best & karma sent!!
Sharon

thanks sharon will ask my son to pm yours will prob be tomorrow now coz hes watching everton
ta
jan xx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:38 pm
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

Originally Posted by robos
thanks sharon will ask my son to pm yours will prob be tomorrow now coz hes watching everton
ta
jan xx
That'll be great Jan, Mike does support Liverpool though so he's wishing Everton ill I must admit!! Look forward to getting some contact for the kids (and us of course) & thanks once again!
Cheers
Sharon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.