Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane bound hairdressers

Brisbane bound hairdressers

Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice
Default Re: Brisbane bound hairdressers

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The paper had Hairdressers as the lowest earners at $532.60 per week, lower even than general cleaners !

However I was not sure how reliable those figures were.
They also had Tradesperson at $1,119.10 per week but Plumbers at only $751.10 per week. Now that caused me to wonder

I assume you finding that not enough Hairdressers are about at the moment.
That $751 wage for a plumber would be working on the top union rate and probably includes a saturday morning! :scared:
Old Oct 24th 2005, 10:31 am
tedeschicat

Red face Re: Brisbane bound hairdressers

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
I have tried this before with no luck but here goes again
Pleeeeeeze, if there are any QUALIFIED hairdressers coming to Brisbane soonand are looking for work, please contact me.
Lisa Jones
Hi Lisa,
I have been qualified for over 14 years. I have a city and guilds level II.
I also have a diploma in hairdressing and I have obtained a colour keys course certificate, using loreal colours. I have recently just completed a nail extension course, and spray tanning.
we would love to come out.
I am 30 years of age and My husband and 2 children will be trying to get out to brisbane next year!!
We would love to come out but I would need sponsorship. could you help? Email address is [email protected].
Regards

Cheryl t

Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:14 am
Mandy & Stu x

stutay is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried this before with no luck but here goes again
Pleeeeeeze, if there are any QUALIFIED hairdressers coming to Brisbane soonand are looking for work, please contact me.
Lisa Jones

Hi Lisa

I am not a qualified hairdresser (Im a qualified PA/Office Manager) but when I get out there next month I was going to look into doing my training for Hairdressing, just want abit of advice after reading all the threads ................. is the money eventually very good or is it always a small earner ?

Not trying to offend anyone - just want to make sure its a career I can afford to do.

Any advice is fully appreciated

Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stutay
Hi Lisa

I am not a qualified hairdresser (Im a qualified PA/Office Manager) but when I get out there next month I was going to look into doing my training for Hairdressing, just want abit of advice after reading all the threads ................. is the money eventually very good or is it always a small earner ?

Not trying to offend anyone - just want to make sure its a career I can afford to do.

Thanks
Hi Stu and Mandy
Hairdressers CAN earn big money IF they are motivated and prepared to work for it.
Commission is paid on top of base salary so its up to the stylist if they want to make money. Unfortunately, in my experience, stylists just dont have the desire or motivation to EARN their money
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:29 pm
Mandy & Stu x

Hi Stu and Mandy
Hairdressers CAN earn big money IF they are motivated and prepared to work for it.
Commission is paid on top of base salary so its up to the stylist if they want to make money. Unfortunately, in my experience, stylists just dont have the desire or motivation to EARN their money

Thanks Lisa

I agree about being motivated, it was just after reading some of the threads that made me think like that.

I'm defo going to look into it and do my training !

Thanks again

PS Were abouts is your salon ? Only because I need a good hairdressers to keep my roots from showing thru !!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tedeschicat
Hi Lisa,
I have been qualified for over 14 years. I have a city and guilds level II.
I also have a diploma in hairdressing and I have obtained a colour keys course certificate, using loreal colours. I have recently just completed a nail extension course, and spray tanning.
we would love to come out.
I am 30 years of age and My husband and 2 children will be trying to get out to brisbane next year!!
We would love to come out but I would need sponsorship. could you help? Email address is [email protected].
Regards

Cheryl t
Hi Cheryl
I am sponsoring a canadian girl at the moment so I dont think that I am able to, but I will make some enquiries.
Lisa
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stutay
Hi Lisa

Thanks
Hi Mandy,

I have completed my hairdressing training here in Australia, took me 1 and a half years of a full time course and I finished as a 3rd year, I just wanted to tell you to think about it carefully, there are loads of jobs for hairdressers you would find work easily, but for 3rd year level you will be on between $10 and $15 an hour, you are expected to work very long hours, including weekends and late nights, the course costs a lot of money to do, for me it was a complete waste of time, as I am 32 I just couldn't live on that kind of pay, you wouldn't be qualified for about 2 years after doing your training, so the money is so poor. After a while I gave up on the hairdressing, I wasn't prepared to work the hours for the crap money. I make a lot more doing other work and half the hours. Just be careful what you choose to do, if your young with no kids then go for it, but if you have kids and a family be prepared to be working all the hours.
Good luck with your move

Lisa
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa have written you never get back to us.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm coming to work for you anyway alk!

Hugs Lace x
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:52 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi lisa

i am a qualified hairdresser (in all aspects from setting and blowing to colouring and perming) at the moment manageress of a successful hair and beauty chain

i am in the process of applying (sent tra on 21/10)
want to come to brisbane but will be next year but i will need a job when i get there

keep me in mind please and i will look you up nearer the time if thats ok

thanks

jan xx
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lacey21
Lisa have written you never get back to us.
You've never got back to me, are you still looking for Hairdressers?

Regard
Paula.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:20 am
tedeschicat

Hi Cheryl
I am sponsoring a canadian girl at the moment so I dont think that I am able to, but I will make some enquiries.
Lisa

Thank you lisa,
Its been really hard trying to find someone!
Alot of people have said that should an employer sponsor you, would they take the cost out of your salary every week?
It would really be great if you could help...
regards
cheryl

Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:28 am
Mandy & Stu x

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Mandy,

I have completed my hairdressing training here in Australia, took me 1 and a half years of a full time course and I finished as a 3rd year, I just wanted to tell you to think about it carefully, there are loads of jobs for hairdressers you would find work easily, but for 3rd year level you will be on between $10 and $15 an hour, you are expected to work very long hours, including weekends and late nights, the course costs a lot of money to do, for me it was a complete waste of time, as I am 32 I just couldn't live on that kind of pay, you wouldn't be qualified for about 2 years after doing your training, so the money is so poor. After a while I gave up on the hairdressing, I wasn't prepared to work the hours for the crap money. I make a lot more doing other work and half the hours. Just be careful what you choose to do, if your young with no kids then go for it, but if you have kids and a family be prepared to be working all the hours.
Good luck with your move

Lisa
Thanks for that info - much appreciated. I think you have opened my eyes because I am 30 and although have no children yet I am hoping to start a family within the next few years. I was looking at hairdressing because I am in a real dilemma about my career - I have been a PA/Office Manager for about 5 years then I had a total career change and worked as a Nursing Assistant for 18 months at our local hospital (was thinking of going into nursing), which ever way I look at it - I think it will be hard to re-train at the moment as it wil cost a fortune and if I really want kiddies then it will be harder with money !!!

Looks like I will be going back into office work and getting my Ebay up and running lol

Thanks again for advice
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheryl we have all asked for the sponsor thing, I have been on here a year and a half, I asked ages ago and she never got back. I guess the answer was a fat NO!

I am qualified with my own buisness. Good luck if you get this from her.
cheers
Lace x
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Jayhall]
Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The paper had Hairdressers as the lowest earners at $532.60 per week, lower even than general cleaners !

Hi- I am a Gents hairdresser and I am currently in Perth (just for a few months to have a look and then I am moving off- probably Brissie will be next place I work)
Well I can only speak for myself and here in Perth but 532 a week??? I am making more than that off a 26 hour week. !!! It pays my rent food and beer and that will do for now in the short term but if I was willing to work longer hours and shop around for a better paid full time job then you can double that.
The local paper had over 40 hairdressing jobs last Saturday (7 purely Gents some who will give you 50 50 of what you put thru the till)
My wife is a fully trained hairdresser and barber in almost every qualification you can have. she is 29 a very hard worker and at the moment she works 4 days a week in a barbers in london (cannon st) and 1 day a week in a hairdressers near where we live in kent England, was wondering would it be a good idea to open our own salon or barbers and what sort of money do haidressers earn for a full week? would be interesting to know as we are moving to Perth in 5 weeks :scared: :scared: :scared: . Just waiting for house to go through!!!! thanks, mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.