Reload this Page >

Brisbane bound hairdressers

Brisbane bound hairdressers

Old May 2nd 2005, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough
Default Brisbane bound hairdressers

I have tried this before with no luck but here goes again
Pleeeeeeze, if there are any QUALIFIED hairdressers coming to Brisbane soonand are looking for work, please contact me.
Lisa Jones
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:27 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane bound hairdressers

Lisa
I assume you are in the Hairdressing business, and not just looking for a decent hair cut

Did you see the average wage rates in yesterdays Sunday Mail ? and, if so, how accurate are the figures quoted for hairdressers ?

I am wondering if the average wages have a large State based discrepancy, as my wife has commented on the comparison cost of getting a hair cut in Sydney (cheap) and in QLD (expensive).

Old May 2nd 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Lisa
I assume you are in the Hairdressing business, and not just looking for a decent hair cut

Did you see the average wage rates in yesterdays Sunday Mail ? and, if so, how accurate are the figures quoted for hairdressers ?

I am wondering if the average wages have a large State based discrepancy, as my wife has commented on the comparison cost of getting a hair cut in Sydney (cheap) and in QLD (expensive).
Hi ABCDiamond
Yes I have a salon in Brisbane but no I did'nt see the paper yesterday.
When you consider that seniors stylists are demanding $700 plus per week, they would have to make the salon at least $2600 per week to be a profitable member of staff. Divide this by 38 hrs and it will show you what a senior must be making per hour (every hour) to cover their wage.
lisaxxx
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Hi ABCDiamond
When you consider that seniors stylists are demanding $700 plus per week, they would have to make the salon at least $2600 per week to be a profitable member of staff. Divide this by 38 hrs and it will show you what a senior must be making per hour (every hour) to cover their wage.
lisaxxx
The paper had Hairdressers as the lowest earners at $532.60 per week, lower even than general cleaners !

However I was not sure how reliable those figures were.
They also had Tradesperson at $1,119.10 per week but Plumbers at only $751.10 per week. Now that caused me to wonder

I assume you finding that not enough Hairdressers are about at the moment.

Old May 2nd 2005, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The paper had Hairdressers as the lowest earners at $532.60 per week, lower even than general cleaners !

However I was not sure how reliable those figures were.
They also had Tradesperson at $1,119.10 per week but Plumbers at only $751.10 per week. Now that caused me to wonder

I assume you finding that not enough Hairdressers are about at the moment.
When I arrived in Oz 22yrs ago, hairdressers were 2 a dozen. We were overworked and underpaid. Consequently hairdressers over the last 20 yrs have dwindled and kids were told that hairdressing was hard work and not a well paid and not a good industry to get into. So now there is a huge shortage of hairdressers.
How are you with a blowdryer
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond]The paper had Hairdressers as the lowest earners at $532.60 per week, lower even than general cleaners !

Hi- I am a Gents hairdresser and I am currently in Perth (just for a few months to have a look and then I am moving off- probably Brissie will be next place I work)
Well I can only speak for myself and here in Perth but 532 a week??? I am making more than that off a 26 hour week. !!! It pays my rent food and beer and that will do for now in the short term but if I was willing to work longer hours and shop around for a better paid full time job then you can double that.
The local paper had over 40 hairdressing jobs last Saturday (7 purely Gents some who will give you 50 50 of what you put thru the till)
Old May 2nd 2005, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Pleeeeeeze, if there are any QUALIFIED hairdressers coming to Brisbane soonand are looking for work, please contact me.
Lisa Jones

Hiya Lisa

I'm qualified at level 3 (british Standard) in Hairdressing... Can do all kinds of hairdressing from dry cuts, to hair extensions and Indian Head Massage.
I'm 21 years of age and have been managing a unisex salon for the past year.
Processing my defacto spouse visa at the moment hope to be over within 6 months. And will be living in Munruben, Brisbane, initially.

How soon is soon?

Cat xXx
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ABCDiamond
When you consider that seniors stylists are demanding $700 plus per week
Pay's crap then?

No wonder there is a shortage

G
Old May 2nd 2005, 6:17 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Brisbane bound hairdressers

Hi ABCDiamond
lisaxxx
Is the $700 just for turning up and before they cut any hair?

Got to be the reason for the shortage then hasn't it!

R.
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Hiya Lisa

I'm qualified at level 3 (british Standard) in Hairdressing... Can do all kinds of hairdressing from dry cuts, to hair extensions and Indian Head Massage.
I'm 21 years of age and have been managing a unisex salon for the past year.
Processing my defacto spouse visa at the moment hope to be over within 6 months. And will be living in Munruben, Brisbane, initially.

How soon is soon?

Cat xXx
Hi Cat
yesterday!!! when you arrive in Brissie please contact me
Lisa
Old May 8th 2005, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

paul&sharon is on a distinguished road

Hi Cat
yesterday!!! when you arrive in Brissie please contact me
Lisa
Hi lisa my name is sharon and it is my salon that cat has been managing,keep in touch with her she is an excellent all round stylist,very reliable and hard working,dont want to go on too much as she will get a big head lol,best of luck sharon
Old May 8th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paul&sharon
Hi lisa my name is sharon and it is my salon that cat has been managing,keep in touch with her she is an excellent all round stylist,very reliable and hard working,dont want to go on too much as she will get a big head lol,best of luck sharon

Thank you
Old May 10th 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Lisa Jones
Im a fully qualified C&G LEVEL 2, age 34, just got the visa through on Friday just tying to sell the house at the moment and plan to move to Brisbane sunshine coast area ASAP.

paula
Cheshire
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

paul&sharon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cat_Harrison
Thank you
You are more than welcome mate you know that,lets hope they know that in Brissy luv Sharon
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:29 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Lisaxxx
Can i please ask why they must earn 3 to 4 times there wage before they break even and get some commision.

You would earn the three quarters of what they take before commision, surely thats why you need staff.

Why not rent the chair out so that the individual who you take on can earn some proper money.

I have a barbers shop in manchester where all my staff are self employed and they pay thier own tax and ni, and just pay me rent for the chairs, as i think if people are doing the work, them they should be paid accordingly.

just an opinion , not trying to upset you.
alk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.