Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane bound early September

Brisbane bound early September

Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:19 pm
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about
Default Brisbane bound early September

Hi,

Is anyone else on this forum moving to Brisbane in September? If so drop me a mail to share your worries/concerns etc! We are flying out with our 5yr old son and one year old daughter.

Regards,

MJJ
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 4:55 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane bound early September

Hi MJJ

I'm already in Brisbane (5 years now). So if you want any info I'll try and help out!

Cheers!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:23 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mjj
Hi,

Is anyone else on this forum moving to Brisbane in September? If so drop me a mail to share your worries/concerns etc! We are flying out with our 5yr old son and one year old daughter.

Regards,

MJJ
Hi, we were hoping to be flying out on the 4th of september but now we have had to cancel as the house sale is taking longer than expected! Might be the end of september now. The waiting is so annoying, just want to leave it all behind and start again.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:56 am
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We should be going at the beginning of September. We have sold the house and are now just waiting to exchange and then we can breath a sigh of relief. Hopefully first or second week we will be on our way. We are probably going to Sydney for a week first and then to Brisbane. We are still unsure where we are going to settle so we are going to buy/hire a car and drive up the coast to Townsville stopping off along the way to look at land and try and find the best place for husband to work.

Very exciting, very very daunting!!!! :scared:
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mjj
Hi,

Regards,

MJJ
Hi Mjj,

We are off in August to Brisbane.
We have kids of a very similar age.
Please PM me if you want to meet up etc when you get there!!!!
Tanya x
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've got a two and a half and a one year old and we're waiting for our police checks to be able to send our application off (Employer Sponsored). We hope to be there, subject to house sale too, October/November. Going to Brisbane with four cats and two dogs as well. Trying to research cane toad free, family and pet areas commutable to st lucia. Have looked at Graceville, looks lovely but you seem to get more for your money if you move further out. Also quite fancy Albany Creek but apparently miles out . Good luck and when we get there I'll be hot on this forum begging people ot meet up with me for coffee (or something stronger!!
Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi Mjj,

We are off in August to Brisbane.
We have kids of a very similar age.
Please PM me if you want to meet up etc when you get there!!!!
Tanya x
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:24 am
On the raggedy edge

Crikey! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by liver bird
Hi, I've got a two and a half and a one year old and we're waiting for our police checks to be able to send our application off (Employer Sponsored). We hope to be there, subject to house sale too, October/November. Going to Brisbane with four cats and two dogs as well. Trying to research cane toad free, family and pet areas commutable to st lucia. Have looked at Graceville, looks lovely but you seem to get more for your money if you move further out. Also quite fancy Albany Creek but apparently miles out . Good luck and when we get there I'll be hot on this forum begging people ot meet up with me for coffee (or something stronger!!
Hey there, we are flying out on 7th September to Brisvegas! It's the hubster and myself and the dog is in the clink in Sydney. He flies out on 4th September!! All getting a bit close and scary now! We have family in Redcliffe and Sandgate and a town called Gympie which is about an hour north of Bris. We will initially be staying with the auntie and uncle in Redcliffe and looking for accommodation to sort before the pooch gets out . So far we have favoured the more northern suburbs of Bris, but we may well change our minds once we're there and we have jobs etc. If you want to swap info/chat just pm me! Good luck with the house sale and tail end of your application! Looking forward to seeing you out there. Check out my blog for regular updates if you have a spare half hour to read through my rubbish!

Take it easy!
xxx
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

karenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura aboutkarenm has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
We are off to Brisbane on 3rd September via Dubai and Singapore, we have two children 8 and 1....and feeling very anxious at the moment !! :scared:
Not looking forward to goodbyes, but i'm sure when we step on the plane excitment will kick in !!! How are you feeling ? Where do you plan to go in Brisbane ? Would be great to meet up for a coffee by the beach !!!

Karen xxxx

Originally Posted by mjj
Hi,

Regards,

MJJ
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi could I jump in and pick your brains?!! need advice on houses for renting with pets and good holiday villages for a couple of weeks while we get there please! and areas. Honestlyhave searched the forum for ages and the good people here have given me some ideas.

Hubby will be commuting to st lucia - doesn't mind a commute though doesn't want to be stuck in traffic for more than half hour and would ideally like to be on a trainline/citycat.

Searches have thrown up that Graceville seems to be good for toddlers and pets and surrounding areas. Have looked on realestate com and the yards seem quite small plot etc (even though area looks lovely).
Needs to be good for schools, shops nice garden etc,

Have also looked at www.ourbrisbane.com etc ascot (looks pricey and bit far out) and sunnybanks?

A friend lives in albany creek and while easy commute to the cbd, the travel times bus and train etc make it an hour journey too much.

Can you suggest anywhere?
Places we've thought of staying for a couple of weeks are robertson garden plaza motel. Open to suggestions. Manhatten apartments on newstead seem to far and gateway holiday village too expensive.
Ta in advance!!

I'm already in Brisbane (5 years now). So if you want any info I'll try and help out!

Cheers![/QUOTE]
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Lozzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We have only just discovered this site!
We are also due to arrive in Brisbane around September/October time. We have a 2.5 year old boy and a 8 week old baby boy. We are currently trying to find furnished temporary accommodation which is proving difficult. We have been looking slightly north of Brisbane in areas such as Redcliffe and Sandgate as we like the idea of being near a beach and also an easy commute on the train to the city.
We are very excited and apprehensive at the same time. Nice to know we are not the only ones!!!
Would love to meet for a coffee and chat once there.
Looking forward to our adventures.
Lozzy
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:45 am
bromley to brisbane

ClareBear is on a distinguished road

Hi there
We're leaving for Brisbane on the 1st October, with a 1 year old daughter too so would be great to meet up once we're there! After our validation trip we've decided to look for a rental in Ferny Grove, Greenslopes, Sandgate or Wynnum. Feeling hugely excited but pretty terrified too, and still ignoring the fact that we're going to have to start saying goodbyes soon.
Good luck for the move
Clare x
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:52 pm
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about

Wow! Thanks for all of your responses. It's kind of reassuring to know that we are not the only ones preparing for such a big upheaval. We will try and PM those of you also arriving in September/October. It would be great to meet up for a coffee / beer once in Brisbane and share our experiences (hopefully these will all be good!). For the first two weeks of our arrival we will be staying in holiday accommodation in Scarborough. After that we will be staying in a short term rental property closer to the city for four weeks.

We are naturally very anxious about the move due to the "comfort zone" factor. I have a good job, our son was in a good school etc here in the U.K. I'm sure that it will all eventually be worth it after the initial first months of stress. We keep telling ourselves that you have to work hard at anything that is worth while in life!

Any advice on finding a decent car, long term rental property in Brisbane would be appreciated. From what I have heard it appears that both of these tasks may be very stressful (especially with two young kids!).

Cheers,

MJJ
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lozzy
Hi
We have only just discovered this site!
We are also due to arrive in Brisbane around September/October time. We have a 2.5 year old boy and a 8 week old baby boy. We are currently trying to find furnished temporary accommodation which is proving difficult. We have been looking slightly north of Brisbane in areas such as Redcliffe and Sandgate as we like the idea of being near a beach and also an easy commute on the train to the city.
We are very excited and apprehensive at the same time. Nice to know we are not the only ones!!!
Would love to meet for a coffee and chat once there.
Looking forward to our adventures.
Lozzy
Hi Lozzy,

we've managed to find ourselves temp furnished accom with a company called maddies in redcliffe....mind you cheapest suitable place cost us $800 per week
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 3:47 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

We're hopefully flying at the end of Sept to Brizzy!!
House sale going ok so far, heading towards Wynnum/Manley area.

Cheers.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 4:14 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Hi.We are flying out on the 18th Sept.Company who is sponsering me has put us in Holiday accomodation in Redcliffe while we find our feet.Oh I forgot to say WE means me ,my lovely lady, 2 daughters (14 and 8) and the mad 4 year old boy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.