British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane Bound (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-bound-553784/)

Mike82 Aug 7th 2008 12:27 pm

Brisbane Bound

Hi Folks

I have just accepted a new job in brisbane and will be moving with my fiancee late January 2009.

Does anyone have any recommendations of ideal suburbs to live in for a mid twentys couple looking to enjoy the brisbane lifestyle.

Thanks
Mike

debbie76 Aug 7th 2008 12:32 pm

Re: Brisbane Bound

hi mike here are a few places i liked (manly,birkdale,aquatic paradise) good pubs and resturants near the coast

nurse32 Aug 7th 2008 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mike82 (Post 6655027)
Hi Folks

I have just accepted a new job in brisbane and will be moving with my fiancee late January 2009.

Does anyone have any recommendations of ideal suburbs to live in for a mid twentys couple looking to enjoy the brisbane lifestyle.

Thanks
Mike

New Farm, Newstead, Teneriffe, Spring Hill, Paddington, Bulimba, Kangaroo point, Valley, Bowen Hills... all close to cbd and Valley where all the night life happens if that is what u want!!!!

spadgersdad Aug 7th 2008 9:27 pm

Hi Mike,
We are allocted close to Cleveland, Birkdale, Wellington Point plenty of bars and restaurants and close to train line for city. Always very difficult when knowing where to settle, we had the same dilemma two and half years ago, drove all over day to day, then landed at Wellington Point and loved the area. We are on the Bayside close to the water, Marina and good night life and still able to go into the city when we need to. If stuck for somewhere to use as a base we have a exceptional self catering studio to rent for short term, public transport pick up straight outside and 5 minutes to train line to city, Gold coast etc and all the support we can offer, as we know the feeling well. Good luck :thumbsup:

bobbyftm Aug 8th 2008 2:54 am

Originally Posted by spadgersdad (Post 6656716)
Hi Mike,
We are allocted close to Cleveland, Birkdale, Wellington Point plenty of bars and restaurants and close to train line for city. Always very difficult when knowing where to settle, we had the same dilemma two and half years ago, drove all over day to day, then landed at Wellington Point and loved the area. We are on the Bayside close to the water, Marina and good night life and still able to go into the city when we need to. If stuck for somewhere to use as a base we have a exceptional self catering studio to rent for short term, public transport pick up straight outside and 5 minutes to train line to city, Gold coast etc and all the support we can offer, as we know the feeling well. Good luck :thumbsup:

:confused::confused:

asprilla Aug 8th 2008 3:03 am

Hi Folks

Thanks
Mike

Try CBD, Southbank, West end, Paddington, New farm, newstead, teneriffe.

spartacus Aug 8th 2008 3:12 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 6657600)

Right back at ya.

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer Aug 8th 2008 7:52 am

Hi Folks

Thanks
Mike

Teneriffe/ New Farm - - - - hands down!

Mike82 Aug 9th 2008 10:46 am

Thanks for all the replies guys............Will go do some resarch now. Will prob have more questions to ask before Jan 09.

Thanks again

Mike

rabsody Aug 9th 2008 11:21 am

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer (Post 6657982)
Teneriffe/ New Farm - - - - hands down!

Second that! :)