Brisbane Bound!

Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:43 pm
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Brisbane Bound!

Hi
We are at the stage of booking our flights! Which is great after so long in the process of sending info off and waiting with baited breath for any response It's all come a bit quick over the last two weeks, the people buying the house issued a ultimatum to sign contracts and move out by 18th August 06 :scared: so now we are looking at buying tickets for last couple of weeks in September (Anybody else going around then from Manchester?)We have been getting rid of everything that we are not taking which has been a nightmare, and we can't get rid of the smell of Jeyes fluid!! ( from everything that we are taking!) spent yesterday morning in a village hall cleaning out the tent! Anyone got any tips on who to fly with looking in to booking flights ASAP but need to know how much my employers are going to hammer me for courses that I've been on, and will have to pay back!!!! before I know how many holiday I have left to book off, will find out Monday! We have been going from deep doubts as to what we are doing to total panic two kids ten & eight worrying about schools and the fact that they don't really understand where we are going anybody else going through the same?
Of course we have good feeling about it as well so I suppose its only natural to be worried.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:46 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Bound!

Originally Posted by Ben1
Hi
We are at the stage of booking our flights! Which is great after so long in the process of sending info off and waiting with baited breath for any response It's all come a bit quick over the last two weeks, the people buying the house issued a ultimatum to sign contracts and move out by 18th August 06 :scared: so now we are looking at buying tickets for last couple of weeks in September (Anybody else going around then from Manchester?)We have been getting rid of everything that we are not taking which has been a nightmare, and we can't get rid of the smell of Jeyes fluid!! ( from everything that we are taking!) spent yesterday morning in a village hall cleaning out the tent! Anyone got any tips on who to fly with looking in to booking flights ASAP but need to know how much my employers are going to hammer me for courses that I've been on, and will have to pay back!!!! before I know how many holiday I have left to book off, will find out Monday! We have been going from deep doubts as to what we are doing to total panic two kids ten & eight worrying about schools and the fact that they don't really understand where we are going anybody else going through the same?
Of course we have good feeling about it as well so I suppose its only natural to be worried.
going early oct with singapore airlines from mcr ( we live in trafford ) £507 per person inc all taxes
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:51 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Congrats..We are flying out on the 18th Sep to Brisbane (Heathrow tho)We are going with Singapore Airlines .Heard only good things about them.Yep I know what your going through .One minute your up next your down.Ive found myself getting emotional when certain songs come on the radio on the way to and from the dump.Wierd.
Good luck .
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:54 pm
Ben&Jill

Ben1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the roughBen1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by steve`o
going early oct with singapore airlines from mcr ( we live in trafford ) £507 per person inc all taxes
Thats not bad , have you got return tickets we are thinking of getting returns and asking to keep them open for one year.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:56 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not bad , have you got return tickets we are thinking of getting returns and asking to keep them open for one year.
no its one way mate to get the extra bagage allowance
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:58 pm
Ben&Jill

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
Congrats..We are flying out on the 18th Sep to Brisbane (Heathrow tho)We are going with Singapore Airlines .Heard only good things about them.Yep I know what your going through .One minute your up next your down.Ive found myself getting emotional when certain songs come on the radio on the way to and from the dump.Wierd.
Good luck .
Good luck to you. its going to be one hell of an adventure and your only here once! so step out of the rat race for a while
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:00 pm
Ben&Jill

Originally Posted by steve`o
no its one way mate to get the extra bagage allowance
I've yet to phone them up! I thought that you could get the 40kg baggage allowance even if you got a return and left it open for a year?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:11 pm
Ben&Jill

Default Return flights or not?

Can anyone with experience give info on whether we can get the 40kg baggage allowance with an open ended ticket (I've heard of (but not looked into yet) people getting a return ticket and keeping it open for up to a year is this right or was I dreaming?)
Thanks For any info
Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:47 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return flights or not?

Can anyone with experience give info on whether we can get the 40kg baggage allowance with an open ended ticket (I've heard of (but not looked into yet) people getting a return ticket and keeping it open for up to a year is this right or was I dreaming?)
Thanks For any info
When we did it a few years back it was one way only to get the 40kg allowance.

So what part of Brisbane you going to be moving to ?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:14 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

hello
w r moving out on the 18th Aug as well .the shippers come about 9.00am sh**ing it we r flying out
about the 3rd Oct with Singapore Airlines we went with them in June and cant say anything bad about them .we also have 2 kids but with the movies and all the TV programs on demand was great for them .also my son broke his wrist while we were out there and we were worried about flying home with him but they had no worries at all with him

lisax
Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:38 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frogboy
Singapore Airlines
We went back to the UK with them over xmas with a baby. They where great even changed the odd nappy for us
Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Whoa whats wirthis paying back your employer for courses thing?

I ain't never done that.

Can't you just leave?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Whoa whats wirthis paying back your employer for courses thing?

I ain't never done that.

Can't you just leave?
Just leave forwading address so they can bill you say

Number 21
Australia
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:16 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

Hey - if you do fly out in Sept, around Sept/Oct each year Brisbane hosts their annual 'Riverfire' Event - lots of cools stuff going on in the city with it culminating in a nighttime event on the river (the river is lined with 1000s of folk for miles and miles...it's crazy...as well, people on the river have parties in their houses or hotel rooms and the river is crowded with boats. we were on a boat one year - it was great) They have fireworks and an F111 fighter jet does a 'dump and burn'

Just thought it would be a fun thing to do when you arrive! Lots of luck with your travels. I've flown Royal Brunei and Air NZ between UK and Oz. No real complaints BUT neither had personal TV/movies - was a big screen; and Air NZ had heaps more leg room in Economy (and the food was probably a wee bit better). I've heard lots of good things about Singapore airlines so that might be teh way to go?

Whereabouts in Bris? Have you got schools lined up?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 3:15 pm
Ben&Jill

Originally Posted by themerlin
When we did it a few years back it was one way only to get the 40kg allowance.

So what part of Brisbane you going to be moving to ?
Brisbane, I have a choice of several depots, but hope to live around the Everton park area if its feasible to travel every day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.