Brisbane Bound

Old Sep 26th 2002, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Brisbane Bound

Hi everyone,

A quick update.

We are at last on the final count down to Brisbane.

After nearly 2 years since we decided to go for it, we now only have 39 days to go. Phew! We picked up our visas from AHC London last wednesday (after 18 months and 6 days wait), handed my notice in, got shipping companies round this week (awaiting quotes) and booked flights today with Malaysian air. After sitting on our arses doing nothing but waiting for months we have now sprung into action. Its a great feeling to be able to get on and organise stuff again. So much has been on hold. And the emotions are running riot , we're excited, anxious, happy, worried, sad to leave friends and family but ecstatic to finally be going to start our new life down under (ooh er).
Barbie on the beach for xmas, your all invited.
Karen

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their golden ticket.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Bound

Hi Karen
Really pleased and excited for you. We've posted our sponsorship bond so the visas are just weeks away and like you I've been getting removal quotes and looking into flights. So much to organise but if everyone else can do it i'm sure I can. I really empathise with you about the leaving family etc scary but exciting at the same time and it doesn't seem real yet. Keep checking in the site before you leave then we can send you on your way!
Best wishes
Sue