Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Beaches

Brisbane Beaches

Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

bendigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Beaches

Could anyone tell me if Brisbane has any coastal beaches and which are the nearest ?

Brisbane in about a month.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 1:58 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Beaches

Hi
Brisbane itself is not coastal and is on the river mud banks so has no natural beaches of its own. There is a man made beach & lagoon in town.

You would need to go further North or South to find the beaches, personally I would go North! (Redcliffe and then North to Sunshine Coast).
Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:13 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

No go south to the Gold Coast
Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

lenaro_w is an unknown quantity at this point

No go north
Old Jun 5th 2003, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Gavin B is an unknown quantity at this point

No, go to Clacton instead. Much nicer.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Avoid Surfers paradise like the plauge unless you like a version of Blackpool with Sun (no that there's anything wrong woth Blackpool )
Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Tracey Huaut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I disagree! Surfers has FAB beaches and I was there at Christmas (PEAK SEASON) and it didn't remind me AT ALL of Blackpool!! Sorry for caps but you see my point!?!

Tracey

Originally posted by John Howard
Avoid Surfers paradise like the plauge unless you like a version of Blackpool with Sun (no that there's anything wrong woth Blackpool )
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Been to surfers not my scene ,my sixteen year old daughter loved it and want's to live there but for me you can't beat the sunshine coast. Try Caloundra and to really impress you go to Noosa.

Enjoy.

Cazz
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:38 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

You are all being ridiculous.......the beaches North AND South of Brisbane are excellent.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:59 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default beaches

They all looked good to me also Caloundra has a free I think, swiming pool on the beach.They looked good as I flew over them in a powered glider. Colin
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Yep Brisbane has no beaches, and wether you go north or south is personnel choice. I agree Surfers is very Brash, but go 5 kms south and you get Broadbeach which is much less so. Remember the Gold coast streches about 60 kms and Surfers only about 2 kmsof beach at most.

It also depends on where you live from the CBD GC is about 60kms whereas Sunshine coast is about 100kms (Caloundra). Their are some beaches closer, Manley (south) and Redcliffe (north), but they are second rate compared to GC and SC.

The one exception to this is Bribie island which has very good beaches and is only about 60kms from CBD north. When you come you will find your own favourite, be it north or south.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

North or South aren't the only options. Why not go East ?

Stradbroke and Moreton Islands have fantastic beaches.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 3:27 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by etlniwd
North or South aren't the only options. Why not go East ?

Stradbroke and Moreton Islands have fantastic beaches.

The ones west are the worst.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 3:54 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

And fantastic ferry prices too, especially the Moreton barge.

If you want a real beaches Brisbane North way, live at Bribie, then upwards.
Redcliffe is very shallow , it's more of a bay(it's protected by the bay islands) - not what I'd call real beaches if you know what I mean , reminds me of one of the bad English beaches like Brighton etc. I am currently living in the Deadcliffe (Redcliffe) area

Sunshine coast I prefer to Gold Coast (which I find is too touristy and ugly)
But if you're working in Brisbane - I don't pity you with the travelling times to work from the GC and SC.

Cheers