Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Bayside / Redlands area

Brisbane Bayside / Redlands area

Old Jul 17th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Brisbane Bayside / Redlands area

We are nearer too... should be arriving on the 23rd September, looking at Ormiston, Birkdale, Cleveland, as well as Middlepark, The Gap and West Lakes areas.... all opinions on the areas very welcome!!!

Julie
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:01 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

We are arriving on 5th November in Brisbane - we like the sound of Redlands Bay to rent a house as I love the idea of walking the dog along the sea front - is there a promenade?

We have also heard nice things about Mount Cotton, I like semi-rural areas that are still near to civilisation if you know what I mean!!? Need shops within driving distance and restaurants to eat out.

We are going to check out the whole Bayside area on arrival as we have booked 'Manhattan on Newstead' apartments for the 1st 3 weeks - i'm looking forward to driving around and sussing everywhere out!

I have noticed a few nice properties for rental in Redlands Bay area that say pet negotiable - so theres hope for us. Not many seem to have A/C which I really want but maybe I could survive if the house caught the bay breezes.

Lynn
Old Jul 17th 2005, 11:36 am
Merlot

Talking Re: Brisbane Bayside / Redlands area

ABCDiamond, is it true I heard you are offering free beds to weary expats on your verandah

I'll take two adults and a mini bed for the cat

M

Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:02 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Merlot
ABCDiamond, is it true I heard you are offering free beds to weary expats on your verandah

I'll take two adults and a mini bed for the cat

M
I reckon the cat would be happy here at the moment, we have 13 Guinea Pigs in the back garden

Interesting thought, I should consider letting rooms out.

Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:06 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
We are arriving on 5th November in Brisbane - <....> Not many seem to have A/C which I really want but maybe I could survive if the house caught the bay breezes.

Lynn
The problem with arriving in November will be the "bigger" temperature difference, coming from UK winter, to our Summer, will be very noticeable. But most people survive it, and then it gets easier each year

Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We are nearer too... should be arriving on the 23rd September, looking at Ormiston, Birkdale, Cleveland, as well as Middlepark, The Gap and West Lakes areas.... all opinions on the areas very welcome!!!

Julie
All nice areas Julie, just different. Only suggestion is to stay away from the end of Birkdale that borders Capalaba - the other end is better.
Old Jul 17th 2005, 12:23 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Interesting thought, I should consider letting rooms out.
Aha, from little acorns to the international chain of ABCDiamond 5 Star Hotels

Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Merlot
Aha, from little acorns to the international chain of ABCDiamond 5 Star Hotels
Stop giving me ideas

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
All nice areas Julie, just different. Only suggestion is to stay away from the end of Birkdale that borders Capalaba - the other end is better.
Interesting.. will hopefully get a feel for it when we get there!!.. soo close now..

Thanks

Julie
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:02 am
Just Joined

alancarter is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Guys been in redlands for about 16weeks love it we live in cleveland we have heard that there is some man driving around in awhite ute trying to pick up young girls dont know how true this is still not good as we have a young girl.

But on a good note the area is really nice clean with nice parks in rabybay so i would really look at the area.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 9:48 am
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pej
We are hoping to be Bayside residents this year. Hopefully Manly area, but could be persuaded to go elsewhere.
Unfortunately we are stuck in the DIMIA pre-July queue, and with a house to sell too. We are optimistically looking to move this summer.
My 6 month update:

We finally got our visas granted 11 days ago , and we're booked to fly to Brisbane in just 13 days .

We are heading to the Redlands area, and will most likely settle in Cleveland. It was really our choice of schools which narrowed it down for us in the end.

Hope to see some of you soon.

Pej
Old Jul 19th 2005, 4:28 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Hi ABCDiamond,
We've now been here for 5 weeks and are presently renting in Thornlands and loving it!
J+J
Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:01 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J+J
Hi ABCDiamond,
We've now been here for 5 weeks and are presently renting in Thornlands and loving it!
J+J
Hi Jo, dont forget to give me your address & number when you have your phone & internet sorted.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:22 am
stevenpoole9

Hi, Me ,my Husband And 3 Children Aged 3,6,9,, Are Hoping To Rent In That Area In The Middle Of August. We Have Not Decided Where To Settle Yet Until We Have A Good Look Around, But This Area Ticks A Lot Of Our Boxes, See You Soon. Tracey

Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:47 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alancarter
hi Guys been in redlands for about 16weeks love it we live in cleveland we have heard that there is some man driving around in awhite ute trying to pick up young girls dont know how true this is still not good as we have a young girl.

But on a good note the area is really nice clean with nice parks in rabybay so i would really look at the area.
I believe that there was a report of a guy who approached a school girl in the Thornlands area just before the school holidays, so about a month ago, but heard of no incidents since then.

We are in Ormiston and have 2 children who are 8 and 6, we love it here...would be good to see if there are any kids of a similar age in the area??

Spalens wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.