Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Bayside - need recommendation for electrician

Brisbane Bayside - need recommendation for electrician

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:11 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brisbane Bayside - need recommendation for electrician

Hi everyone,

Does anyone in Bayside know of a good electrician that will do small jobs? I just bought a new stove top and would like to have someone come and install it. It seems like it would be a fairly quick, easy job but we would just feel better if an electrician did it. We live in Capalaba just off Ney Road.

I did a quick search and on an old thread this guy was recommended:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=19297
He hasn't posted in a year so not sure if he's still on here. I'll send him an email and see if he's still around though.

Just thought I'd ask and see if there were any new suggestions.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:16 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane Bayside - need recommendation for electrician

That is Darren, he installed one of my air cons a few years ago.

He was working for someone at one stage, but I see that Pennine Electrical is now trading at 5 Serina St., Capalaba.

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:23 am
ABCDiamond

I normally use a British electrician in Victoria Point, Jim Richardson.
J & J Richardson - M: 0413 995 348
He has his own Electrical business, and Capalaba isn't that far away.

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:27 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I normally use a British electrician in Victoria Point, Jim Richardson.

He has his own Electrical business, and Capalaba isn't that far away.
Thanks for that. No, that's not too far away... although for what I need probably wouldn't take more than about 20 minutes or so. I suppose if I had someone out anyway I might get another powerpoint or two put in. Depends on how much it cost really.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:37 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by comet555
Thanks for that. No, that's not too far away... although for what I need probably wouldn't take more than about 20 minutes or so. I suppose if I had someone out anyway I might get another powerpoint or two put in. Depends on how much it cost really.
Lol.. One of my friends has just told me there is a thread on here i should look at. I live in maridale park so if you want me to call round thats not a problem. Give us a ring on 0421931947. I did used to work for someone when i first came to oz but been on my own for last 3 years. Also spent 2 years with Energex.g advertise in the bayside bulletin and red lands times but most work comes from word of mouth or repeat customers.
Hope your air cons still ok. It was a fair while ago. Lol.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:46 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Darren&Leanne
Hope your air cons still ok. It was a fair while ago. Lol.
Yes, it still works OK, I did have one problem once, but it was me trying to get it to heat the room in summer mode

Hope all is well with you, and you are doing OK workwise

It has been a while hasn't it !!! Time flys... ( I had to check... Feb/March 2005)

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Mar 23rd 2009 at 10:48 am.

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:15 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;7409495]Yes, it still works OK, I did have one problem once, but it was me trying to get it to heat the room in summer mode

Hope all is well with you, and you are doing OK workwise

Yeah works great. What recession ? Lol. My parents also live out here too, so great for baby sitters too.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:19 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by Darren&Leanne
Give us a ring on 0421931947. I did used to work for someone when i first came to oz but been on my own for last 3 years.
Thanks, I was hoping you'd get word somehow and pop in!

Sent you a PM.