Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane - Bayside area.

Brisbane - Bayside area.

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane - Bayside area.

We are a couple in our 50's just relocated to the Bayside area. Does anyone have any ideas as to what activities there are around here for people in our age group and suggestions as to how to meet new friends.
Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brisbane - Bayside area.

Originally Posted by dragon1954
We are a couple in our 50's just relocated to the Bayside area. Does anyone have any ideas as to what activities there are around here for people in our age group and suggestions as to how to meet new friends.
Thanks.

what do you like to do would be a good starting point.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 12:20 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Get into boating.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfletch89 is an unknown quantity at this point

there is an over 50's clubhouse just on Cleveland roundabout which do a number of activities
Old Aug 27th 2012, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

jt95045AAAA is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a dog, there are a group of lovely people that age who meet in Victoria Point dog walking park every day. The area is very friendly, there are dancing groups etc and boating is very popular so sure you will love it there. All the best.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the suggestions. No I don't have a dog, but that sounds like a great idea. I'll pop by the over 50's club at Cleveland and check it out.
It is particularly difficult meeting new people when you get to our age and new to Brisbane and not working. I love to walk and chat so if anyone has any suggestions for walking groups in the area I would appreciate it.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

The bayside is known as the sleepy retirement area of Brisbane so I imagine there would be lots of things aimed at the non-working demographic.

Here's some stuff from the Redlands City Council:

http://www.redland.qld.gov.au/WhatsO...s/default.aspx
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:18 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions. No I don't have a dog, but that sounds like a great idea. I'll pop by the over 50's club at Cleveland and check it out.
It is particularly difficult meeting new people when you get to our age and new to Brisbane and not working. I love to walk and chat so if anyone has any suggestions for walking groups in the area I would appreciate it.
Another suggestion would be for you to join the local bowls club. Get down there, have a couple of drinks & dinner... get to know a few people. Join up and give it a go ! You'll find it's actually pretty good fun.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

Thanks. I went to Redland Bay Golf club on Saturday, just for a drink. Looks really nice and the people look half decent and all different ages. I've NEVER played golf before in my life but a really nice guy who works there showed me around and gave me all the information about joining so I may give it a try.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Check out the Donald Simpson Centre between Bloomfield Street and Wynyard Street. They organise lots of outings and activities.
My mum goes there quite a lot. It caters for over 50s.
Cheers

Michael
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi
Check out the Donald Simpson Centre between Bloomfield Street and Wynyard Street. They organise lots of outings and activities.
My mum goes there quite a lot. It caters for over 50s.
Cheers

Michael
Better off checking out the sands hotel in my opinion, much better than playing table tennis
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

Thanks, I'll check the Donald Simpson Centre......I'm assuming it's in Cleveland. As for the Sands Hotel - sorry wasn't impressed!
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:46 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I'll check the Donald Simpson Centre......I'm assuming it's in Cleveland. As for the Sands Hotel - sorry wasn't impressed!
He only goes in there because the rest of us can't get in the over 50's club yet
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
He only goes in there because the rest of us can't get in the over 50's club yet
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Any particular reason ? There's only a few of the bogan types get in there on occasions (mainly ones from Gympie)
If that's not your scene why not try the bowls club ? Seems to be plenty of goings on in there

Last edited by bobbyftm; Aug 30th 2012 at 11:37 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.