Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Areas And Gold Coast.

Brisbane Areas And Gold Coast.

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Tamworth U.K.- Brisbane Very Soon Now Visa Granted!!
Graff will become famous soon enough
Default Brisbane Areas And Gold Coast.

Hi all, I fly out to Bisbane in September. Can you tell me what areas around Brisbane south pref coastal to visit. I will be over for a month with my wife, I am an electrician currently going through the ARTC as I have had great help from the electricians forum.
Any sugestions on what car hire companys as I have only booked flights. Also what hotels / diggs for short stay? I hope to book into a hotel for 1 night around the airport as I may be jet lagged and then hopefully hire a car and go on my travels.
Any sugestions on what areas around the Gold coast? I hope within the month I have been out to Oz, I know what areas to hopefully rent and then buy a house. I know it all depends on how much money I have to spend, I was looking for anything from £150.000 - £250.000 tops. As I don't have a little one just a 20 year old daughter schools are not a problem.
I would prefer not to be in the middle of a town, but not totally isolated. I would be looking forward to all your replys.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Areas And Gold Coast.

Originally Posted by Graff
Hi all, I fly out to Bisbane in September. Can you tell me what areas around Brisbane south pref coastal to visit. I will be over for a month with my wife, I am an electrician currently going through the ARTC as I have had great help from the electricians forum.
Any sugestions on what car hire companys as I have only booked flights. Also what hotels / diggs for short stay? I hope to book into a hotel for 1 night around the airport as I may be jet lagged and then hopefully hire a car and go on my travels.
Any sugestions on what areas around the Gold coast? I hope within the month I have been out to Oz, I know what areas to hopefully rent and then buy a house. I know it all depends on how much money I have to spend, I was looking for anything from £150.000 - £250.000 tops. As I don't have a little one just a 20 year old daughter schools are not a problem.
I would prefer not to be in the middle of a town, but not totally isolated. I would be looking forward to all your replys.

hi there

car - east coast rentals they`ll pick you up from the airport
cheap n cheerful cars about two years old

http://www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.a...gold-coast.asp

accommadation - try pelican cove resort

http://www.pelicancove.com.au/

dont book via the web

call the resort and speak to jenny or murry ( mngs )
if you book for for more than 28 days the price drops dramatically
( almost cut in half )

( we stayed for five weeks )

its cleans the staff are great and its central to the goldcoast so its good for getting about looking for that house etc

Address
Cnr Back & Burrows St
Biggera Waters
QLD, 4216
Australia

Contact Details
Ph: (07) 5537 7001

what elase do you need to know ???

hope this helps

regards steve
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi there

car - east coast rentals they`ll pick you up from the airport
cheap n cheerful cars about two years old

http://www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.a...gold-coast.asp

accommadation - try pelican cove resort

http://www.pelicancove.com.au/

dont book via the web

call the resort and speak to jenny or murry ( mngs )
if you book for for more than 28 days the price drops dramatically
( almost cut in half )

( we stayed for five weeks )

its cleans the staff are great and its central to the goldcoast so its good for getting about looking for that house etc

Address
Cnr Back & Burrows St
Biggera Waters
QLD, 4216
Australia

Contact Details
Ph: (07) 5537 7001

what elase do you need to know ???

hope this helps

regards steve
Whats the average house price in the Gold coast for a 3/4 bed?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:45 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the average house price in the Gold coast for a 3/4 bed?
http://www.quartile.com.au/Market Data/goldcoast.htm
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

peast01 is on a distinguished road

Hi Graff

When we first moved out here we stayed in a fully furnished house that was rented out by a english couple. they have a couple of houses they rent which are nice and new and modern, they arrange to pick you up from the airport, have food in the fridge so you dont starve when you arrive and are always at the end of the phone if you need advice

There website is www.brisbanebound.com.

When we stayed we found it a really good base for exploring brisbane (15 min drive to center) and gold coast (45 min drive as long as not in peak traffic)
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Wow the pads look very nice, now thats what i'm after. I am adding the link to my favorites to read on later. Can anyone give me any good areas to view coastal Brisbane and gold coast? and prices?
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Wow the pads look very nice, now thats what i'm after. I am adding the link to my favorites to read on later. Can anyone give me any good areas to view coastal Brisbane and gold coast? and prices?
I've lived in Shailer Park southside of Brisbane for 13 yrs, my only advice would be take time to pick where your going to live as things change and bloody exy to buy/sell houses here. Four bed houses generally between 400-500K depending on suburb. I like Shailer Park as close to Brisbane and Gold Coast, best bet is to look around and take your time. Work location can dictate things also, personally I hate driving too far to work as its bloody frustrating and a waste of time.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sdunx
I've lived in Shailer Park southside of Brisbane for 13 yrs, my only advice would be take time to pick where your going to live as things change and bloody exy to buy/sell houses here. Four bed houses generally between 400-500K depending on suburb. I like Shailer Park as close to Brisbane and Gold Coast, best bet is to look around and take your time. Work location can dictate things also, personally I hate driving too far to work as its bloody frustrating and a waste of time.
Thanks for your advice.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advice.
check out www.realestate.com.au the best real estate site in Oz
Old Aug 4th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sdunx
check out www.realestate.com.au the best real estate site in Oz
Thanks for the link, theres a few suburbs around the Gold coast looking through the realastate. Now stupid question are all the suburbs around the Gold coast nice? if not what ones would you recommend, and which ones to avoid and why.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the link, theres a few suburbs around the Gold coast looking through the realastate. Now stupid question are all the suburbs around the Gold coast nice? if not what ones would you recommend, and which ones to avoid and why.
Don't know Gold Coast that intimately but do know that a lot of British settle in and around Robina, Coomera is also very popular now and is a good place to buy because it is ear marked to be a big city - they are building the biggest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere there.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 4:59 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peast01
When we first moved out here we stayed in a fully furnished house that was rented out by a english couple.

There website is www.brisbanebound.com.
Mrs D - the Australian - would slap you for that comment I'm sure

For coastal areas of Brisbane on the south side, you're looking at Wynnum, Manly, Cleveland, Ormiston, Victoria Point. There are some good and bad areas within those 'burbs but it gives you something to look at I used to be in Wynnum West and it's about 30mins into the city if you leave home early enough. Leave home after 745 and you can easily add another 20 mins to that journey.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=wmoore;5149846]
For coastal areas Wynnum, Manly, Cleveland, Ormiston, Victoria Point. There are some good and bad areas within those 'burbs but it gives you something to look at QUOTE]

Thanks I'll add them to my list to view.